Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

2.2

on 6/16/2015 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Finally a tinted moisturizer/CC cream with SPF that doesn't make me break out! Based on other reviews I was concerned the colour would be too orange but it was perfect on my fair/freckled skin. Yes, the coverage is light but that is what I expected and wanted.

My skin is sensitive to products and dry, but yet still prone to clogged pores (sigh...) Most tinted or SPF bases break me out by mid-afternoon if I apply them in the morning so I was thrilled to find one that not only didn't do that, but which was good on my dry skin and didn't emphasize any dry patches.

I've already bought another one - I'm concerned this is discontinued since it's hard to find.

I love this product. It's the first 'tinted moisturizer' that I can actually use as a moisturizer in the am and as a make up foundation. I have acne, but since using this my acne has gotten better. It's the only thing I'll use in the am.

on 2/4/2016 8:31:00 AM

I am surprised, but will be actually repurchase. This may be the first time I will be using an entire bottle of a CC cream. I have fair to medium skin so light/medium worked well for me. I also have sensitive oily/combination skin that is prone to hormonal/cystic acne and scarring so I can't wear heavy liquid make up and have been tryin to use more natural products due to sensitivity and this fit the bill. To me it is a true tinted moisturizer, not a foundation, more like a treatment than makeup, so you won't get foundation coverage. It subtly evens and gives light coverage without feeling cakey or greasy. Though it feels thick out of the pump, it actually wears well once set and my face is not greasy mid-day like with other products and... it amazingly doesn't break me out an I think helps heal my acne at times! It is great for everyday use, but I use it a a base for other products for special occasions went I want more coverage. Over time, my skin tone has improve and evened. It also doesn't replace my moisturizer, but it is the last thing I put on my face for subtle moisture, to remove the shine from my gel moisturizer, some SPF protection without clogging pores, and give an overall more even and brighter natural look. Spreading with fingers gave me best application. I don't think I woul recommend it for dry skin though.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

At first I didn't like this as it wasn't really what I was expecting. I don't usually just dump a product (although it does happen occasionally) and generally try to find another use for it and so I decided to use this up as an SPF moisturiser for my décolletage simply to use it up.

I slapped it on every day and then suddenly, after about a week, I noticed that the skin on my chest looked much more even and glowy. So, I gave it another chance on my face and I have to admit that it has made quite a difference in evening out my pigmentation. No breakouts either, yay!

It doesn't have the coverage I was expecting but, after a few weeks use together with a mineral powder foundation, I now find I don't need that coverage from the mineral foundation - just a touch of concealer here and there and a quick dusting of setting powder.

It's definitely a bit of a weird thing, very hydrating, a bit tacky, smells a bit odd but, after two years of collecting a graveyard of liquid foundations, I think I've actually found something that works...

on 10/11/2013 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The Yes to Grapefruit CC cream claims to do a lot of things. It will moisturize, brighten, protect from the sun with SPF 18, repair your skin, and cover minor flaws. And it's 95% natural. I'm not a fan of putting half a dozen things on my face, so this takes the place of moisturizer and sunscreen. I've even worn it in place of foundation and I practically never go without foundation. Two downsides: smell and color. The smell isn't bad but it lingers. Sometimes it lingers all day and that annoys me. And the color is definitely pink-based. It makes me sad because I have recently decided that I absolutely need yellow-based foundation or else I look awful. Another reviewer claimed that it feels "gummy" and I have noticed it, but it's not enough to be a major annoyance. If they could make this in a warm hue I would repurchase, but until then I will pass it up.

on 4/27/2016 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmm I don't know. Really wanted to like this! Natural ingredients, beautiful packaging, sanitary pump, cruelty free, really wanted this to be my new friend, but no.
This doesn't make me look any better... I look fresher, bit paler but still fresher, without this. I have this in medium, and it made me look slightly more orange and patchy, nothing else. Can't pinpoint why it makes me look patchy - does it accentuate my uneven skintone? Or did it dry less fast in some spots? I dunno. A big con also is the smell. Do you know that specific smell to organic cosmetic products when they've gone bad? That. When I smelled this last night, I thought I let it sit in my cabinet too long and it was my fault. Was happy to read that others had the same smell experience.

Pro:
- cruelty free, natural ingredients
- nice packaging that I would like to display
- hygienic, controllable pump

Con:
- no visible positive result
- orange
- patchy
- STINKS

Again, wasted my money.....

on 3/2/2015 6:58:00 PM

The whole line sucks IMO. This is too dark for me even though it said light on the package, the coverage was okay, it was build able but it broke me out!

on 3/28/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I prefer to use more natural products, and I usually love bb/cc creams, so I was excited when Yes To came out with this product. However, I was very disappointed when I tried it. I'm not super sensitive to smells, however I was not a big fan of the scent. The color (light) was a bit orange for me. It was a little moisturizing, but I would prefer more because I have dry skin. The consistency was very watery and hard to blend. It also gave no coverage. Overall, I would definitely not repurchase because it did not cover, smelled bad and didn't moisturize particularly well.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

i wanted to love this so badly. the consistency? great! the feel on my skin? great! the sheer coverage (which really means no coverage). pretty good. the price, excellent. the SMELL? awful!!

i was all excited by this thinking o.k., the smell will dissipate in a few minutes. NOT! the smell lasted over 2 ours so i kept smelling it consistently and it's NOT a nice grapefruit, or pleasant floral smell. it's a chemical smell (akin to how self-tanners often smell) and it just never went away.

sadly, there's NO WAY i'm going to wear this all day and smell the odor all day.

had to return it, sadly.

if YOU can tolerate the smell and you want something wonderfully moisturizing and sheer without being oily, this is great...

good luck!

on 11/30/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like a lot of Yes To products, so I was excited to try this. But unfortunately, it's a failure. The coverage is nonexistent, it feels oily, and it made me break out. I never break out except during my ToTM, so I know it was this. The only upside is the sturdy, hygienic packaging.