Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a nice cruelty free bb or cc cream. I wanted something with light coverage, spf, moisturizing and preferably natural, this seemed to tick all the boxes. Although the reviews were mixed, I decided that I should try it for myself.

You get a nice amount of product for the price in a handy clear pump. That's pretty much where the good ends. First off, it stinks. you smell a faint but pleasant grapefruit scent that tries to cover up a horrible musty fungal basement smell. And it lingers, I wore this for a day and I could smell that awful scent every time I moved my head, tried to drink something or ate. Before you buy this, smell it.

When you apply the product it applies really streaky, it's hard to blend. And once blended it doesn't give any coverage. It does brighten the skin ever so slightly, but only if you take the time to blend it perfectly, otherwise you will look patchy and streaky.
But blending it well is hard, because it dries really quick, and if you try to blend it after it dried it will ball up. You can't touch your face throughout the day or the cc cream will ball up on your face, not cute.

Because it dries so much, it feels like a mask on your face, no matter if you apply it lightly or heavy, with a spounge, brush or your fingers. You can feel it on you skin.

And the spf 18 claim, well, it's no longer on the bottle or the carboard box. You can only find the spf claim on the website and you can find titanium dioxide in the ingredient list. Other than that, you wouldn't think it has spf. I would think the company would wave that fact in your face as a selling point instead of hiding it in the ingrediƫnt list.

So, in conclusion, if you are looking for something that may or may not have spf, that's streaky to apply, balls up on your skin, feels like a mask, doesn't give coverage and smells like stinky basement; this is the product for you!

In all honesty, I am really disappointed, I really tried to make it work but I can't stand it and there's nothing good about it. Mine is far from it's expiration date so that is not the problem. If you are interested in this product: smell it in a store and blend it on you hand to give you an idea before you buy it. But I think there are many better products out there, so you might as well skip this one.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This just didn't work for me. First of all, I didn't realise it when I bought it - but it's grapefruit, and I don't like anything citrusy... it smells like it too. But of course that is a personal preference.

This CC cream stated that it's a "light/medium" , lightly tinted... that is a lie! In the spring time, I had to blend this with a light - like ivory light, to make it proper shade... or I couldn't even wear this until after summer when I was tanned!!! Also, I think it makes me look more orange if anything.

And this cream says it blends beautifully, that is a lie too! A few times I went out, thinking it was all blended in, and when I saw my face in natural sunlight, there'd be a big orange streak across my cheek or something. NOT a good look to go for, especially when you wanted to wear "less" in the summer.

Horrible product, will never buy again, I'm even throwing out half the bottle, that's how much I don't like it.

on 3/4/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I decided to pick this up because I was curious about the Yes to Grapefruit line, and I can never say no to a foundation/base product. I also tend to get sucked in by anything citrus.
In fairness, given my history with trying some of the other products in the Yes To line, and always being disappointed in the scents never quite being what I think they will be, I should have known that this wasn't going to smell like a tart, fresh grapefruit. There is an initial zinginess to the cream when I pump it out on my hand, but that is taken over by a sort of powdery undertone that is not really pleasant to my nose, and just gets more cloying over time. The cream is very watery and thin, and very pink-toned. Over the day, the color began to look more and more rediculous on me, as it was also a smidge too dark on my more olive skin. While I am also aware that CC creams typically do not advertise heavy coverage, I thought this one would offer at least a little bit. Nope, coverage is pretty much zero, even when I apply a bit more to certain areas. Additionally, it is also not the best for more oily skin, as it looked shinier throughout the day. To add insult to injury, it also began to break me out over the three weeks I wore it. I think the only positive for me about this is that it applies smoothly.
I think this would only be good for drier skintypes, and more pink-toned skin that needs almost no coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Very disappointed in this CC Cream... I was psyched to buy this thinking it would be my new favorite, but alas, I am still on the hunt for a quality BB/CC Cream...
The runniness of the product didnt bother me. I have had acne for almost 20 years, (and I'm 27... Bulls**t isn't it?) I have used many a runny foundation, so I was expecting it. No big.
I'm usually pretty easygoing when it comes to the scent of the stuff I put on my body. I can deal. But this stuff has an odd citrus/musty basement smell to it. Yuck. I looked past that and decided to give it a shot anyway... What a joke.
This CC Cream covered literally nothing. After my stint with accutane, I dont have much to cover anymore aside from the unevenness of my complexion due to scarring. Nothing. Can't cover a SCAR? What IS this concoction?
Made me look kinda shiny, felt pretty greasy. (Perhaps what they mean by "glowing" is that it actually makes you look oily... Not impressed.)
I didnt purchase the "light" but the "medium" formula. Not sure why it looks a strange orange'ish-pink, but it is certainly not fleshtone. I give it credit though for not making me look like an Oompa Loompa.
For the price, this was a huge flop. It's ONLY redeeming quality is that this CC Cream has SPF. I may keep it for that reason ONLY.

on 11/21/2013 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

After using Yes To's body butter, face wipes, and daily moisturizer, I was really excited to try their CC cream as an alternative to heavy foundation.

I read the rave reviews on this product on the website (which should have been a red flag), but I bought this anyway.

Right when you open it, the smell hits you in the face. As the name suggests, you might think it would smell like grapefruit, right? Wrong. It's this sickly-sweet smell that literally burns the back of my throat and makes me think of the berry-scented stuff that little girls use. Not only was that a turn-off, because, well, it literally burned my eyes and throat, but also -- what would something that smells that potent feel like on my face?

So, I applied it anyway and managed to get past the smell.

The next thing you run into is the texture, which brought to mind an incredibly watery smoothie. It's runny and doesn't really go on well because of that. I tried applying it with my fingers initially, but that really did nothing but move it around, so I moved onto my foundation brush, which just streaked up my face. I tried using my beauty blender, which proved to only soak up the product (surprise surprise) and so the ONLY method I was able to find that gets the product applied evenly was my stipling brush.

When you put it on, you can definitely feel the tingling that's probably a side-effect to whatever nauseatingly-sweet fragrance they put in it. It's not unbearable, but it reminds me of a pore-shrinking mask, which also isn't a pleasant feeling. As expected, it feels like it's sitting on top of your skin after application. If you don't set it with powder, then it doesn't look dewy, it looks greasy. Even when setting it with powder, I found that, if you don't use a translucent powder, it's going to get cakey really, really fast.

On top of that -- where's the coverage? I wanted something that WASN'T cakey but had little to medium coverage, and this is barely better than a tinted moisturizer -- which I didn't buy for a reason.

In the end, I didn't pay $15 for a CC cream -- I payed $15 for a watery, sickly-sweet concoction of fragrance, greasy lotion, and maybe a dot of pigment waved over it. Garbage! Wouldn't buy again or recommend.

on 10/19/2013 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was really excited when i saw this in store, I wanted to try it out because of the 95% natural claim and the "cc cream" label slapped on it. It claims to correct and even out skin tone, and there are definately face goodies inside, but it does very little for me. It has a sort of creamy but watery texture, like aloe vera gel except not as pleasant. The shades run a little dark and its sort of pinky toned, but super sheer, almost invisible (like no coverage), which is not necessarily bad, but definitely not what it claims (this cc cream doesn't really even out skin tone). In terms of application, i hate how this applies. it feels smooth at first, but you have to go fairly quick or else risk it drying up in little powdery blotches. It does feel a little bit watery, so its not especially heavy on the face, but if you touch it it feels sort of tacky, and like someone mentioned, gummy, no matter how little you apply. As for layering, it will ball up into little clumps or rub off whats already under. (Like when you layer products that dont mix well, the products will clump up). Even on bare skin, no moisturizer or anything, this will ball or the pigment itself will just completely smear away. So, for such a product, yes its natural, yes it has a pump, but you can do much better for the price. I don't recommend this at all.

on 10/8/2013 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has to be the worst BB/CC cream that I have tried to date. I received a sample of it from Birchbox (thank God, no real money lost!). The texture is heavy and the smell is horrible. The worst part is that the feel of the cream on my skin is very gummy, even after lots of blending and then setting it with powder. By the end of the day, I still couldn't bear to touch my face because it felt like I could still move the cream around. Putting foundation over it doesn't improve things at all: it make foundations that look great on their own look horrible.

I like a lot of the "Yes to..." brand, but this CC cream is an awful mistake. Save your money. There are many better ones out there, even in the drugstore aisles.

on 4/27/2016 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmm I don't know. Really wanted to like this! Natural ingredients, beautiful packaging, sanitary pump, cruelty free, really wanted this to be my new friend, but no.
This doesn't make me look any better... I look fresher, bit paler but still fresher, without this. I have this in medium, and it made me look slightly more orange and patchy, nothing else. Can't pinpoint why it makes me look patchy - does it accentuate my uneven skintone? Or did it dry less fast in some spots? I dunno. A big con also is the smell. Do you know that specific smell to organic cosmetic products when they've gone bad? That. When I smelled this last night, I thought I let it sit in my cabinet too long and it was my fault. Was happy to read that others had the same smell experience.

- cruelty free, natural ingredients
- nice packaging that I would like to display
- hygienic, controllable pump

- no visible positive result
- orange
- patchy

Again, wasted my money.....

on 3/2/2015 6:58:00 PM

The whole line sucks IMO. This is too dark for me even though it said light on the package, the coverage was okay, it was build able but it broke me out!

on 3/28/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I prefer to use more natural products, and I usually love bb/cc creams, so I was excited when Yes To came out with this product. However, I was very disappointed when I tried it. I'm not super sensitive to smells, however I was not a big fan of the scent. The color (light) was a bit orange for me. It was a little moisturizing, but I would prefer more because I have dry skin. The consistency was very watery and hard to blend. It also gave no coverage. Overall, I would definitely not repurchase because it did not cover, smelled bad and didn't moisturize particularly well.