Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

2.8

on 6/16/2015 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Finally a tinted moisturizer/CC cream with SPF that doesn't make me break out! Based on other reviews I was concerned the colour would be too orange but it was perfect on my fair/freckled skin. Yes, the coverage is light but that is what I expected and wanted.

My skin is sensitive to products and dry, but yet still prone to clogged pores (sigh...) Most tinted or SPF bases break me out by mid-afternoon if I apply them in the morning so I was thrilled to find one that not only didn't do that, but which was good on my dry skin and didn't emphasize any dry patches.

I've already bought another one - I'm concerned this is discontinued since it's hard to find.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

At first I didn't like this as it wasn't really what I was expecting. I don't usually just dump a product (although it does happen occasionally) and generally try to find another use for it and so I decided to use this up as an SPF moisturiser for my décolletage simply to use it up.

I slapped it on every day and then suddenly, after about a week, I noticed that the skin on my chest looked much more even and glowy. So, I gave it another chance on my face and I have to admit that it has made quite a difference in evening out my pigmentation. No breakouts either, yay!

It doesn't have the coverage I was expecting but, after a few weeks use together with a mineral powder foundation, I now find I don't need that coverage from the mineral foundation - just a touch of concealer here and there and a quick dusting of setting powder.

It's definitely a bit of a weird thing, very hydrating, a bit tacky, smells a bit odd but, after two years of collecting a graveyard of liquid foundations, I think I've actually found something that works...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

i wanted to love this so badly. the consistency? great! the feel on my skin? great! the sheer coverage (which really means no coverage). pretty good. the price, excellent. the SMELL? awful!!

i was all excited by this thinking o.k., the smell will dissipate in a few minutes. NOT! the smell lasted over 2 ours so i kept smelling it consistently and it's NOT a nice grapefruit, or pleasant floral smell. it's a chemical smell (akin to how self-tanners often smell) and it just never went away.

sadly, there's NO WAY i'm going to wear this all day and smell the odor all day.

had to return it, sadly.

if YOU can tolerate the smell and you want something wonderfully moisturizing and sheer without being oily, this is great...

good luck!

on 11/30/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like a lot of Yes To products, so I was excited to try this. But unfortunately, it's a failure. The coverage is nonexistent, it feels oily, and it made me break out. I never break out except during my ToTM, so I know it was this. The only upside is the sturdy, hygienic packaging.

on 10/8/2013 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has to be the worst BB/CC cream that I have tried to date. I received a sample of it from Birchbox (thank God, no real money lost!). The texture is heavy and the smell is horrible. The worst part is that the feel of the cream on my skin is very gummy, even after lots of blending and then setting it with powder. By the end of the day, I still couldn't bear to touch my face because it felt like I could still move the cream around. Putting foundation over it doesn't improve things at all: it make foundations that look great on their own look horrible.

I like a lot of the "Yes to..." brand, but this CC cream is an awful mistake. Save your money. There are many better ones out there, even in the drugstore aisles.