Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

2.6

on 4/27/2016 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmm I don't know. Really wanted to like this! Natural ingredients, beautiful packaging, sanitary pump, cruelty free, really wanted this to be my new friend, but no.
This doesn't make me look any better... I look fresher, bit paler but still fresher, without this. I have this in medium, and it made me look slightly more orange and patchy, nothing else. Can't pinpoint why it makes me look patchy - does it accentuate my uneven skintone? Or did it dry less fast in some spots? I dunno. A big con also is the smell. Do you know that specific smell to organic cosmetic products when they've gone bad? That. When I smelled this last night, I thought I let it sit in my cabinet too long and it was my fault. Was happy to read that others had the same smell experience.

Pro:
- cruelty free, natural ingredients
- nice packaging that I would like to display
- hygienic, controllable pump

Con:
- no visible positive result
- orange
- patchy
- STINKS

Again, wasted my money.....

on 2/4/2016 8:31:00 AM

I am surprised, but will be actually repurchase. This may be the first time I will be using an entire bottle of a CC cream. I have fair to medium skin so light/medium worked well for me. I also have sensitive oily/combination skin that is prone to hormonal/cystic acne and scarring so I can't wear heavy liquid make up and have been tryin to use more natural products due to sensitivity and this fit the bill. To me it is a true tinted moisturizer, not a foundation, more like a treatment than makeup, so you won't get foundation coverage. It subtly evens and gives light coverage without feeling cakey or greasy. Though it feels thick out of the pump, it actually wears well once set and my face is not greasy mid-day like with other products and... it amazingly doesn't break me out an I think helps heal my acne at times! It is great for everyday use, but I use it a a base for other products for special occasions went I want more coverage. Over time, my skin tone has improve and evened. It also doesn't replace my moisturizer, but it is the last thing I put on my face for subtle moisture, to remove the shine from my gel moisturizer, some SPF protection without clogging pores, and give an overall more even and brighter natural look. Spreading with fingers gave me best application. I don't think I woul recommend it for dry skin though.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This just didn't work for me. First of all, I didn't realise it when I bought it - but it's grapefruit, and I don't like anything citrusy... it smells like it too. But of course that is a personal preference.

This CC cream stated that it's a "light/medium" , lightly tinted... that is a lie! In the spring time, I had to blend this with a light - like ivory light, to make it proper shade... or I couldn't even wear this until after summer when I was tanned!!! Also, I think it makes me look more orange if anything.

And this cream says it blends beautifully, that is a lie too! A few times I went out, thinking it was all blended in, and when I saw my face in natural sunlight, there'd be a big orange streak across my cheek or something. NOT a good look to go for, especially when you wanted to wear "less" in the summer.

Horrible product, will never buy again, I'm even throwing out half the bottle, that's how much I don't like it.

on 3/4/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I decided to pick this up because I was curious about the Yes to Grapefruit line, and I can never say no to a foundation/base product. I also tend to get sucked in by anything citrus.
In fairness, given my history with trying some of the other products in the Yes To line, and always being disappointed in the scents never quite being what I think they will be, I should have known that this wasn't going to smell like a tart, fresh grapefruit. There is an initial zinginess to the cream when I pump it out on my hand, but that is taken over by a sort of powdery undertone that is not really pleasant to my nose, and just gets more cloying over time. The cream is very watery and thin, and very pink-toned. Over the day, the color began to look more and more rediculous on me, as it was also a smidge too dark on my more olive skin. While I am also aware that CC creams typically do not advertise heavy coverage, I thought this one would offer at least a little bit. Nope, coverage is pretty much zero, even when I apply a bit more to certain areas. Additionally, it is also not the best for more oily skin, as it looked shinier throughout the day. To add insult to injury, it also began to break me out over the three weeks I wore it. I think the only positive for me about this is that it applies smoothly.
I think this would only be good for drier skintypes, and more pink-toned skin that needs almost no coverage.

I love this product. It's the first 'tinted moisturizer' that I can actually use as a moisturizer in the am and as a make up foundation. I have acne, but since using this my acne has gotten better. It's the only thing I'll use in the am.