Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a nice cruelty free bb or cc cream. I wanted something with light coverage, spf, moisturizing and preferably natural, this seemed to tick all the boxes. Although the reviews were mixed, I decided that I should try it for myself.

You get a nice amount of product for the price in a handy clear pump. That's pretty much where the good ends. First off, it stinks. you smell a faint but pleasant grapefruit scent that tries to cover up a horrible musty fungal basement smell. And it lingers, I wore this for a day and I could smell that awful scent every time I moved my head, tried to drink something or ate. Before you buy this, smell it.

When you apply the product it applies really streaky, it's hard to blend. And once blended it doesn't give any coverage. It does brighten the skin ever so slightly, but only if you take the time to blend it perfectly, otherwise you will look patchy and streaky.
But blending it well is hard, because it dries really quick, and if you try to blend it after it dried it will ball up. You can't touch your face throughout the day or the cc cream will ball up on your face, not cute.

Because it dries so much, it feels like a mask on your face, no matter if you apply it lightly or heavy, with a spounge, brush or your fingers. You can feel it on you skin.

And the spf 18 claim, well, it's no longer on the bottle or the carboard box. You can only find the spf claim on the website and you can find titanium dioxide in the ingredient list. Other than that, you wouldn't think it has spf. I would think the company would wave that fact in your face as a selling point instead of hiding it in the ingrediƫnt list.

So, in conclusion, if you are looking for something that may or may not have spf, that's streaky to apply, balls up on your skin, feels like a mask, doesn't give coverage and smells like stinky basement; this is the product for you!

In all honesty, I am really disappointed, I really tried to make it work but I can't stand it and there's nothing good about it. Mine is far from it's expiration date so that is not the problem. If you are interested in this product: smell it in a store and blend it on you hand to give you an idea before you buy it. But I think there are many better products out there, so you might as well skip this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Very disappointed in this CC Cream... I was psyched to buy this thinking it would be my new favorite, but alas, I am still on the hunt for a quality BB/CC Cream...
The runniness of the product didnt bother me. I have had acne for almost 20 years, (and I'm 27... Bulls**t isn't it?) I have used many a runny foundation, so I was expecting it. No big.
I'm usually pretty easygoing when it comes to the scent of the stuff I put on my body. I can deal. But this stuff has an odd citrus/musty basement smell to it. Yuck. I looked past that and decided to give it a shot anyway... What a joke.
This CC Cream covered literally nothing. After my stint with accutane, I dont have much to cover anymore aside from the unevenness of my complexion due to scarring. Nothing. Can't cover a SCAR? What IS this concoction?
Made me look kinda shiny, felt pretty greasy. (Perhaps what they mean by "glowing" is that it actually makes you look oily... Not impressed.)
I didnt purchase the "light" but the "medium" formula. Not sure why it looks a strange orange'ish-pink, but it is certainly not fleshtone. I give it credit though for not making me look like an Oompa Loompa.
For the price, this was a huge flop. It's ONLY redeeming quality is that this CC Cream has SPF. I may keep it for that reason ONLY.

on 10/11/2013 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The Yes to Grapefruit CC cream claims to do a lot of things. It will moisturize, brighten, protect from the sun with SPF 18, repair your skin, and cover minor flaws. And it's 95% natural. I'm not a fan of putting half a dozen things on my face, so this takes the place of moisturizer and sunscreen. I've even worn it in place of foundation and I practically never go without foundation. Two downsides: smell and color. The smell isn't bad but it lingers. Sometimes it lingers all day and that annoys me. And the color is definitely pink-based. It makes me sad because I have recently decided that I absolutely need yellow-based foundation or else I look awful. Another reviewer claimed that it feels "gummy" and I have noticed it, but it's not enough to be a major annoyance. If they could make this in a warm hue I would repurchase, but until then I will pass it up.