Bumble & Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish Spray

3.4

on 6/28/2016 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Major rave. I have long hair that's damaged from too much color, but gets oily at the roots. Plus I travel a lot for work and after a flight, need to freshen up. Wish I could afford to have this on hand at all times, when I don't, I substitute an imitation/knockoff version, like a drugstore texture spray or dry shampoo. This is perfect for me because it really does what it says. Adds touchable texture and volume, not overkill tangled beach hair, no white residue, soaks up oil well, great smell, a little goes a long way. I've tried countless similar products,including bumble's city swept spray, and this is the best so far. Multipurpose product that is versatile, don't need additional bottles cluttering my purse like dry shampoo/hair spray/detangler. Too bad it got confiscated in my carry-on last week, bottle more than half full. If I hadn't already been late and there hadn't been an hour long security line I would have gone back and checked the bag just so I could keep it! Just the right amount of texture amd volume. Would probably be even more awesome on short hair. Perfect pick me up/travel essential. Only wish it was cheaper!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love the way my hair looks when I use this spray. It volumizes my hair and makes it smell great, and it still leaves the hair soft. It gives me the poof I want, but none of the shellacked helmet effect that often goes with this much lift.

I have dark thick hair that is a bit wavy. This stuff can still lift my heavy hair and doesn't leave any pale residue in my hair.

This product works like a combination of a dry shampoo and a hair spray. It perks up my hair, whether it is freshly dried or a couple of days from its last wash and the hair stays smooth and larger.

All in all, I am impressed because it delivers exactly what it promises on the bottle.

I almost never finish hair products because I tend to use different products in different sections of my hair, and in different seasons, or at different lengths. Also, I find that some hair care products don't work as well as you go through the container, such that only the first half is really effective. For me, this product is the HG and worth the cost.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/11/2016 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well this stuff isn't all it's cracked up to be. I finally bit the bullet and bought it for $31 and tried to use it on my medium layered lob. The volume I got initially fell flat within 10 minutes. While it isn't sticky, it isn't thickening either. It didn't make my hair look much different, it only dirtied it up a bit and now it feels like straw. I'm not happy with the results at all. I bought it because on a ytube vid, there's a review that states that Garnier Texture Tease is a dupe for Dryspun, so I tried the Garnier and it's awful. This pretty much sealed the deal against Dryspun because I assumed it was similarly sticky. It isn't. And that is a very good thing....EXCEPT.....the volume I got at first totally deflated right before my eyes, before I even had a chance to leave the house! So this is a no go for me. It's going back to Sephora as soon as I get the time to return it. I'm going to try the new Macadamia texture spray, which I understand from another ytube reviewer is pretty great and also not sticky. My main complaint with dry texturizing sprays in general is that every single one I've tried has been as sticky as all get out and that totally spoils the rocker chic vibe I'm going for. My layered cut needs some separation and piece-y-ness and it's just not happening with Dryspun. If you want a dry shampoo/hairspray hybrid, then Dryspun may be the ideal product for you. Frankly, I wanted to hate it because I couldn't see spending $31 as something I could do on a regular basis should I actually love it. And hate it I do and I couldn't be happier about it, lol!. I'm going to stay with the Living Proof Thickening Cream and then use a texture gel to piece out the ends. Or maybe use the Macadamia spray to give it more volume and separation, if it in fact isn't sticky and it works like I hope it will. Besides, it's $25 for 8 ounces compared to $31 for 4 ounces for Dryspun. A much better bargain in the long run. For all those people who like Dryspun, more power to you. But it's a sour disappointment for me and I hate wasting the gas to return it to Sephora. Now my hair is flatter than it was to begin with and it just feels dirty. No thanks. I definitely do not recommend Dryspun. I can't imagine who this product benefits. If you live in Florida, the humidity will make your hair fall flat within minutes if you use Dryspun. Keep looking for something better. I love a couple of BB products but not this one. Frankly, it sucks.

on 2/18/2016 1:11:00 AM

I have bought this product three times, I have fine layered hair and if I am going out after a long day (or to use this the next day) this gives my hair a nice refresh and boost. Since I have fine hair I do find products can weigh my hair down quite easily so I am always looking for products that can give a lift on my fine hair and this one works on my hair, instant volume. As I use it on occasion when I need to give my hair some lift this can last me a while.

on 12/26/2015 5:18:00 PM

So it's Christmas, and the Cheech and Chong bit about Santa Claus comes on Sirius. How does Santa get his reindeer off the ground, man? asks Chong.

"Oh well, man...he had some magic dust, man." Cheech replies. I screamed and nearly drove off the road. That's my Dryspun Finish! It's freaking Magic Dust!

So I don't know what's in this because my eyes barely work enough to focus on the road, and the dark print on the back of the can is mighty small. And my hairstylist tells me that this stuff doesn't work on everyone. But for me, a couple of sprays on each side of my head gives me volume like I haven't had in years. I have stick straight, boob-length hair that is prone to breakage and thinning these days. (Thyroid meds+hair=lots of visible scalp. Aging sucks.) But a push of my finger, and my hair looks so good that when my graying roots are covered, even strangers tell me my hair is gorgeous. No kidding. I might add a couple of light waves with a curling iron, and then I lift up the top layer, do a quick burst or two, and this stuff gives me volume like nothing else. Let it set for a minute and then shake it out again. Perfect. It's got a fragrance that I'm not crazy about, but it disappears after about 10 minutes. I admit it's a little pricey, but I don't go through it that quickly. I also don't like that the can looks a lot like other products in the b&B line, as I accidentally bought mousse that I thought was what I wanted. (The mousse is fine, and I do use it occasionally, but only because it's there. I wouldn't buy it again.) But if you're looking for a little magic for your hair, some of this might work for you, too.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This doesn't work on my hair type. I have long thick straight layered hair but it never holds a curl. I bought this in hopes of holding the body from large Velcro rollers. Forever, I've been looking for a product that holds and provides root lift but doesn't cause helmet head. It just doesn't exist for me. I heard very positive things about dryspun so I went and bought the tiny travel can for $16. I ended up needing to use about 75% of the can in one night! I get amazing lift at first application but it falls in about 5 minutes. I need to reapply this throughout the day or night to maintain the lift and with that, comes major buildup. I typically never use hairspray on my hair unless I need to put rollers in or curl it. I was hoping this would be HG status considering the price and the high end name but it falls flat for meeting my expectations.

on 12/11/2015 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

sadly, I love this. It's so not worth 30 bucks but nothing gives me the volume I want like this does. I have long hair, layered, with bangs. The look I go for is that sixties big wavy hair thing with the thick bangs, and this is the only thing that gives it to me. I love it. But unfortunately, even though I do use bumble a lot, I go through this so fast that I can't justify purchasing it regularly. If you need volume at the roots and have the cash to burn, nothing works like this.

I wanted to love this product so much. There are components to it that I do like - and I think for the right application and hair type, this stuff is probably HG material.

My hair is wavy, textured, bob. I have been using Oribe texturizing spray and thought this might be very similar. In theory, it is. But the Dryspun left my hair crunchy. Not in an 80's hairspray way, but in a bird's nest kind of way. I also didn't think it was effective enough (for me) as a dry shampoo and I quickly learned that using that much on my scalp was a big, bird's nest disaster. And not in the cool way, either. So I had to use dry shampoo at night anyway. And I think this inhibited the dry shampoo's effectiveness! This just wasn't the right combination for me.

The scent is strong.

Overall, this could be perfect for some ladies. It is certainly very well made, has a lot of specific uses. Hello, runway! Hello, occasion hair, concert hair, bridal hair - YES. But for everyday, this just didn't work for me. Back to only Oribe.

on 2/9/2015 10:22:00 AM

My stylist recommended this product when I had long hair, and I was skeptical. It's good for second- or third-day hair for a bit of grit and volume at the roots. My hair is very fine, so just a few spritzes worked for me. I used in once in a while and thought it was okay. However, I just cut my hair into a modified pixie, and for this cut, I LOVE this product. It really adds nice dimension, shape and volume to my short hair. Yes, I wish it were cheaper and that a bottle lasted longer, but all in all I'm glad I found this product.

This spray only works if I use it in conjunction with the thickening mousse from the same line for me. I tried it by itself one day and it really didn't do much, Both together though, give my hair weightless bulk for about 6-7 hours. Just my two cents. My hair is fine, slightly wavy, color treated, just past my shoulders btw. Drawbacks are of course the price, and it can be drying on my hair because it contains alcohol, hth someone.