Bumble & Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish Spray

Bumble & Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish Spray

3.4

on 9/11/2017 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nope, not for me. Left my hair feeling absolutely disgusting to the point where I immediately went and washed it (thus defeating the object of said spray). The claim on the front of the can – ‘dry spray creates instant fullness and holds airy texture’ – was completely lost on me. Unless by instant fullness they mean ‘tangled mess covered in residue’ and airy texture as ‘makes you look like you’ve been standing in a wind tunnel for 30 minutes’.

I genuinely wish I could find a product like this that doesn’t immediately make me a) look like I’ve dumped a bag of flour on my head and b) make me immediately want to go and wash my hair. The closest I’ve found so fair is the Clairol Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo, but that’s getting harder and harder to find where I live and doesn’t provide the volume I want. Sadly, the search continues for that true HG product.

on 5/22/2017 10:39:00 AM

This isn't something I would pick out on my own- I got it in a gift set. I don't heat style my hair so I've been using it more as a dry shampoo. Works ok on 2nd day hair to give some volume & make it look like I washed it. Smells good. not a fan of the matte finish it leaves on my hair

on 6/28/2016 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Major rave. I have long hair that's damaged from too much color, but gets oily at the roots. Plus I travel a lot for work and after a flight, need to freshen up. Wish I could afford to have this on hand at all times, when I don't, I substitute an imitation/knockoff version, like a drugstore texture spray or dry shampoo. This is perfect for me because it really does what it says. Adds touchable texture and volume, not overkill tangled beach hair, no white residue, soaks up oil well, great smell, a little goes a long way. I've tried countless similar products,including bumble's city swept spray, and this is the best so far. Multipurpose product that is versatile, don't need additional bottles cluttering my purse like dry shampoo/hair spray/detangler. Too bad it got confiscated in my carry-on last week, bottle more than half full. If I hadn't already been late and there hadn't been an hour long security line I would have gone back and checked the bag just so I could keep it! Just the right amount of texture amd volume. Would probably be even more awesome on short hair. Perfect pick me up/travel essential. Only wish it was cheaper!!

on 9/11/2016 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Finally, a texturizing product that works exactly how you expect! Gives me instant volume and fullness at the roots that doesn't deflate after two hours, and gives the shaft of my hair texture. I always put this in my hair before I go out and use it in one of two ways. One is to "dirty" my hair before styling so that styles will hold better and look more defined. The other is just to spray all over (concentrate at the crown) in order to sort of "sex-ify" my fine, long hair. It works really well and is pretty dramatic (boyfriend notices immediately that I did something.) Best part? For all the work it does it's pretty low residue, and I don't feel like I HAVE to wash my hair the next day if I used this product the night before.

As you've probably surmised, this product has become absolutely critical to my hair game. In fact, I love it so much that I have a full sized version at home and a travel size for my dopp kit. Before this I was using a combination of teasing, hairspray, and Oribe's texturizing spray. After using this for a few weeks, I threw out the Oribe (and that stuff is not cheap) because this worked so much better. If you have fine hair and want volume, texture and/or sexy bed head, buy this. I will keep buying it forever. Honestly, the only bad thing about it is that it smells like pond water, but that dissipates and I think it's preferable to all the overpowering fragrances they are putting in spray hair products these days.

on 10/30/2016 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a quick-fix, multitasking spray that cost less than my beloved Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray but smelled and performed just as good. A tall order, I must admit.

Used this a myriad of ways for a whole month, and I'm not impressed, to say the least. Hyped as a texturizing hair spray that doubles as a dry shampoo, it didn't cut down, let alone eliminate, greasies on my 2-days-post-wash blond hair. Next day style didn't hold shape whatsoever. I found it surprisingly difficult to spray what little product was even in the aerosol can. It's now in my junk drawer with other half full failed B&B products, if that's anything to go by.

Have also tried B&B's Dryspun Mousse, which holds deliberately messy hair much better but almost to a fault (unpleasantly sticky to the point where I couldn't work a wetbrush into my thin, fine hair for a whole hour after using said "mousse").

As tempted as I am to write this brand off completely, I've been told their Creme Contour is *the* product for lived-in waves, so I may still give that a test drive before all is said and done.

2 stars for the AMAZING smell.

Lesson learned: I will no longer reluctantly fork over the cash for Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have very fine long hair- but it's very thick so it can look limp and lack volume. This adds the perfect texture to my hair without weighing it down. I like the scent as well. My only complaint is that it tends to run out quickly. But it's perfect for giving my hair some "oomph".

on 3/11/2016 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well this stuff isn't all it's cracked up to be. I finally bit the bullet and bought it for $31 and tried to use it on my medium layered lob. The volume I got initially fell flat within 10 minutes. While it isn't sticky, it isn't thickening either. It didn't make my hair look much different, it only dirtied it up a bit and now it feels like straw. I'm not happy with the results at all. I bought it because on a ytube vid, there's a review that states that Garnier Texture Tease is a dupe for Dryspun, so I tried the Garnier and it's awful. This pretty much sealed the deal against Dryspun because I assumed it was similarly sticky. It isn't. And that is a very good thing....EXCEPT.....the volume I got at first totally deflated right before my eyes, before I even had a chance to leave the house! So this is a no go for me. It's going back to Sephora as soon as I get the time to return it. I'm going to try the new Macadamia texture spray, which I understand from another ytube reviewer is pretty great and also not sticky. My main complaint with dry texturizing sprays in general is that every single one I've tried has been as sticky as all get out and that totally spoils the rocker chic vibe I'm going for. My layered cut needs some separation and piece-y-ness and it's just not happening with Dryspun. If you want a dry shampoo/hairspray hybrid, then Dryspun may be the ideal product for you. Frankly, I wanted to hate it because I couldn't see spending $31 as something I could do on a regular basis should I actually love it. And hate it I do and I couldn't be happier about it, lol!. I'm going to stay with the Living Proof Thickening Cream and then use a texture gel to piece out the ends. Or maybe use the Macadamia spray to give it more volume and separation, if it in fact isn't sticky and it works like I hope it will. Besides, it's $25 for 8 ounces compared to $31 for 4 ounces for Dryspun. A much better bargain in the long run. For all those people who like Dryspun, more power to you. But it's a sour disappointment for me and I hate wasting the gas to return it to Sephora. Now my hair is flatter than it was to begin with and it just feels dirty. No thanks. I definitely do not recommend Dryspun. I can't imagine who this product benefits. If you live in Florida, the humidity will make your hair fall flat within minutes if you use Dryspun. Keep looking for something better. I love a couple of BB products but not this one. Frankly, it sucks.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love the way my hair looks when I use this spray. It volumizes my hair and makes it smell great, and it still leaves the hair soft. It gives me the poof I want, but none of the shellacked helmet effect that often goes with this much lift.

I have dark thick hair that is a bit wavy. This stuff can still lift my heavy hair and doesn't leave any pale residue in my hair.

This product works like a combination of a dry shampoo and a hair spray. It perks up my hair, whether it is freshly dried or a couple of days from its last wash and the hair stays smooth and larger.

All in all, I am impressed because it delivers exactly what it promises on the bottle.

I almost never finish hair products because I tend to use different products in different sections of my hair, and in different seasons, or at different lengths. Also, I find that some hair care products don't work as well as you go through the container, such that only the first half is really effective. For me, this product is the HG and worth the cost.

on 12/26/2015 5:18:00 PM

So it's Christmas, and the Cheech and Chong bit about Santa Claus comes on Sirius. How does Santa get his reindeer off the ground, man? asks Chong.

"Oh well, man...he had some magic dust, man." Cheech replies. I screamed and nearly drove off the road. That's my Dryspun Finish! It's freaking Magic Dust!

So I don't know what's in this because my eyes barely work enough to focus on the road, and the dark print on the back of the can is mighty small. And my hairstylist tells me that this stuff doesn't work on everyone. But for me, a couple of sprays on each side of my head gives me volume like I haven't had in years. I have stick straight, boob-length hair that is prone to breakage and thinning these days. (Thyroid meds+hair=lots of visible scalp. Aging sucks.) But a push of my finger, and my hair looks so good that when my graying roots are covered, even strangers tell me my hair is gorgeous. No kidding. I might add a couple of light waves with a curling iron, and then I lift up the top layer, do a quick burst or two, and this stuff gives me volume like nothing else. Let it set for a minute and then shake it out again. Perfect. It's got a fragrance that I'm not crazy about, but it disappears after about 10 minutes. I admit it's a little pricey, but I don't go through it that quickly. I also don't like that the can looks a lot like other products in the b&B line, as I accidentally bought mousse that I thought was what I wanted. (The mousse is fine, and I do use it occasionally, but only because it's there. I wouldn't buy it again.) But if you're looking for a little magic for your hair, some of this might work for you, too.

on 2/18/2016 1:11:00 AM

I have bought this product three times, I have fine layered hair and if I am going out after a long day (or to use this the next day) this gives my hair a nice refresh and boost. Since I have fine hair I do find products can weigh my hair down quite easily so I am always looking for products that can give a lift on my fine hair and this one works on my hair, instant volume. As I use it on occasion when I need to give my hair some lift this can last me a while.

Popular Styling Products