Eclos Daily HydraPrimer SPF 30

No Image

2.6

Not tested on animals

on 2/22/2016 10:32:00 AM

I love Freeman products, but a primer like this seems mediocre. It is priced at ten bucks or so, but you might not be able to find it at the store. I think I received it in a surprise mystery box ordered from the Freeman website. It comes in a long, squeeze tube. The applicator is a precision one, so you won't be using too much product. It dispenses just the right amount, in my opinion. The product comes out as a skin color...like a nude color. I do like that...since it blends better with what you will put on top of the primer. What I really dislike about this product is the smell. The more I use it, the less it bothers me, but the first time was horrible. The scent is unbearable. It smells so weird...like a bad perfume that was never launched. Thankfully, it fades away on the skin over time. I find it to be decent when it comes to providing a smooth surface for the foundation to go on. It doesn't cause me to break out and contains SPF 30, which is such a plus! I find that the texture or finish on the skin isn't what I would like...I am expecting something silky and smooth, but it sort of clings to the skin. It doesn't help minimize pores much. So really...it is mediocre. All in all, not so great scent, doesn't smooth things out enough, but does have SPF. I would just skip this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Eclos whole line, it has helped clear up the red, scaly, patches on my face along with refreshing and making it smoother, however, I do not like the hydraprimer. It made the patches on my face more noticeable, made my face look ashy, and the color did not match my complexion. I will be returning this product today and will continue to use their other products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this because of the high zinc content/high sun protection. It's hard to find a cosmetically elegant product with 14% zinc + 4% titanium dioxide. I tend to burn very easily, right through my sunscreen and hat, after only about 10 minutes in midday sun. So I tried this as the first layer of protection, spot-testing first because I have very sensitive/reactive/rosacean skin. To my surprise I didn't burn through this and I didn't have any negative reaction to it. It's also very reasonably priced at around $16 at Walgreens, (though the tube is small). My issues with it are that:
- the tint is too dark for my NC10-15 skin -- looks to be more like NC25
- it oxidizes and darkens over the course of a day
- it makes my sheer-coverage BB cream look like a heavy thick foundation
- it doesn't seem to keep my makeup from getting greasy or sliding off my face - it really did nothing in that department

So I don't hate it and will probably use it on those days when I'm worried about being in the sun, but I won't re-purchase.

I received this little nugget as a sample, I believe it was an Ulta order, not sure, but....this is one of the best primers I have ever tried! Made my face feel like silk, (not slippery like some silicone based primers) it also minimized my pores. Def worth a try!

I also found it on the Target website for $10.00 Definitely worth looking into!

on 2/1/2014 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this product. Lots of good-for-your-face ingredients, great SPF, felt absolutely amazing when first applied.

This comes in a very convenient squeeze tube, allowing you to get out just the amount you need to use with no waste. The product itself is a muddy brown color, but once applied (and it applies easily) it's no longer a muddy brown color, it matched perfectly to my NC20-25 skintone (truly the best color match of any tinted moisturizer/foundation I've ever tried, it matched that well).

Just enough light coverage to tone down my redness, and minimized my pores. And my skin felt sooo soft with it on. I realize this is a primer to be applied before makeup, but I didn't need to use my regular foundation after applying this, it gave just the right amount of coverage (better than most BB creams I've tried).

So far so good, right? Until I checked my face in a mirror a few hours later...

I have combination skin (oily t-zone, normal everywhere else, some fine wrinkles around my eyes and mouth). This primer eventually settled into every line on my face, even a few "barely there" ones, and magnified them horribly. The color had also oxidized quite a bit, making the wrinkles look even more pronounced. I couldn't wash this stuff off my face fast enough!

Another big negative for me is despite using my normal face wash (which gets off every bit of makeup, always), I had to go over my face repeatedly with toner, to remove every last trace of this primer. Normally I use toner w/one cotton ball to refresh my skin; needed to use toner with 3 cotton balls (and lots of rubbing) to completely remove this stuff from my skin. This AFTER I'd washed my face.

I've tried using this in different ways (applying moisturizer first, or after, as a primer before foundation, etc.) and still getting the same results. Settles into and magnifies every line, oxides horribly and very hard to remove.

If you're interested in trying this product, be sure and purchase from a store that allows returns on opened cosmetics items.

on 12/13/2013 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is one of the better foundation primers I've used, but it's not perfect. It comes out of the tube in a brownish color, which isn't a problem for my skintone (NC25-30) and becomes invisible upon contact with my skin. This is good and bad, because I have a difficult time knowing which areas of my face need primer and which areas I've already applied it to. Anyways, it does a great job of keeping my t-zone from becoming oily as the day wears on, but I think it either oxidizes or makes my foundation oxidize, because my face seems slightly darker when I use it as opposed to when I use foundation alone. Also, it has a tendency to clump around the creases of my nose. I think this is due to the primer clumping there, and the foundation clinging to the excess primer. Otherwise, my foundation looks much better at the end of the day when I use this primer. I like that it contains sunscreen, especially when I use a foundation that doesn't have SPF. There's a light herbal scent, but I only smell it when squeezing the primer out of the tube, as it dissipates quickly.

About a year ago I found a travel size value set for this product line, eclos, and I was a girl on a budget so I decided to purchase and test the products out. So far I have to say that I really enjoy all of their products, I don't tend to stick with any particular skincare line for too long, but for whatever reason this one just really seems to work for me.

I initially bought this particular product, Eclos-Daily HydraPrimer SPF 30, because the Regenerative Cream has no SPF in it and I figured that if I liked the majority of the other products that I would probably like this one too. I would like to point out I did not necessarily purchase this product for the purpose of combating wrinkles, but I will touch on the other claims that the product makes. So here is my overall review of the product:

Packaging: Not a big fan of the tube b/c the label is a sticker and since I've gone half way through it the tube gets flat and the label on the sticker starts looking distressed and starts peeling off, so I’m not a huge fan.

Color: When I went to go use if for the first time I was surprised to see that the primer actually has color in it, and initially I was a bit upset b/c I have light to fair skin by Sephora Standards or C3 based upon my MAC powder, so this product, coming out of the tube, would be the equivalent to me during the summer with a slight tan, BUT once I sucked it up and put it on my face I found that it actually doesn’t darken my skin too much. There is a slight color difference between my natural skin tone and then that of the primer, but it’s MAYBE a half shade darker at most….. I personally would prefer it to be sheer b/c I really do enjoy embracing my natural color, but that’s just me.

Texture/Consistency: I find this product does have a slight grainy texture when going to apply/blend on my skin (not to the point of it causing any irritation) so I definitely avoid the eye area (between my brow bone and the top of my cheek bone). I do have sensitive skin, like if I get bitten by a mosquito on my face it does get pretty red in that area, so maybe that’s just me being picky, but again this is just my personal observation.

Finish: Overall I do like the finish, I find that it does even my skin tone and ever so slightly dull any red marks on my face and I have found that it has improved my skin texture a little bit.... I also find that my makeup products do sit well with this primer too.

Overall I would recommend this product and buy it again around the Spring/Summer when I finally do get a little color and especially since it has SPF 30, and for $15.99 at Walgreens (http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/eclos-daily-hydraprimer-spf-30-broad-spectrum/ID=prod6185709-product) I feel like it's a good buy b/c I've had it for about one and a half months and I'm only down half a tube.

I hope this all helps!

on 10/5/2013 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I am just about out of my Pop Beauty Face Magnet Primer. So after reading a bunch of positive reviews, I decided to give this product a try. I ordered it from Target.com and paid under $10.00. I recieved it yesterday and was super excited to try it. This is primer made from natural ingredients and contains SPF 30. According to the package, this product claims to hydrate, prime, even skin tone, minimize pores, fine lines, and wrinkles.

About the only thing I like about this primer is the packaging. It's a very nice looking squeeze tube with a twist off cap and a small, thin nozzle.

The primer itself is very thick, rich, and creamy. In fact, it's a little difficult to get out of the tube. You have to squeeze pretty hard. I was also surprised by the color of this primer. I was expecting it to be clear or white, but instead, it's a mud brown color. It was easy to spread and I liked how light it felt on my skin. But it definitely gave my skin a brown tint. I was hoping it wouldn't be noticeable under my foundation. I used this primer under my Makeup Forever Mat Velvet foundation, which is a perfect match for my skin.

About an hour later, I was in the bathroom and happened to glance in the mirror! I was horrified! My face was Oompa Loompa orange! This caused my Mat Velvet foundation to darken significantly, at least 2 shades. I've been using the Mat Velvet for about a month now, and I've NEVER had it turn that color before. So it has to be from this primer. I'm just glad I discovered it in time to fix it. I work retail, and would have been totally humiliated if I'd gone to work looking like that! Needless to say, I ended up removing my foundation. I reapplied it using using my Pop Beauty primer and it looked normal again. I returned this. I would not recommend this primer and will not repurchase.