Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask

Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask

2.5

on 10/17/2017 11:49:00 PM

I'm surprised at all the negative and lackluster reviews!

I will say that I agree with it being ridiculously overpriced, but there seems to be an ingredient in this mask that my skin absolutely loves. I've gotten three sample jars so far (over the span of a few months) just because of the ridiculous price tag, but I feel like I may just have to shell out the $ for a full-sized jar.

After one use, this mask somehow makes my skin look more vibrant, bright and smooth. I recently compromised my moisture barrier while nuking the crap out of my hormonal acne, and it's been hard to cover with makeup. The skin around my nose and mouth is just so dry, flaky and peeling. Today, I put this mask on for 20 minutes prior to doing my makeup and miraculously my makeup applied evenly. The flakes were gone.

It's annoying that this is so expensive but I just wanted to add my thoughts here as I was shocked to see so few positive reviews.

When the mask is on it made my skin feel tight and sticky. The mask does spread well on the face and then dries quickly.
It does leave my skin surface feeling very smooth but I dislike the dry and tight feeling it leaves behind.
I also dislike the pot system.
Rather expensive.
The scent reminds me of roses and is similar to that of Dr Hauska's clarifying toner

Not one to buy again

on 7/5/2017 3:06:00 PM

Save your money. This mask did nothing for me. I followed the instructions and applied this for three days straight. It's unclear both on the TH site and Sephora's site if it should be applied to clean dry skin or clean damp skin, so I tried it both ways. After the first night, I didn't notice any difference at all when I washed it off. Since they recommend using it three days in a row, I figured the results might be cumulative. However, I didn't notice anything on the second or third night either. On the fourth morning, I noticed a dry patch on my oily T-zone, and I usually have non-reactive skin. I can only surmise that it's because of this product as I hadn't introduced any other new items to my skin care regimen. All in all, this is a pricey product with no discernible results.

on 7/28/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Best mask I've used, I've dehydrated but slow to turn over so gets clogged up! This really works for my skin and calms it down.

on 7/26/2017 1:09:00 PM

This mask has a gel like consistency and pleasant non offensive scent. Only a thin layer is needed so the jar should last quite a while. After wearing it for 15-20 minutes wet your fingertips and massage face to loosen mask and rinse. This mask dissolves dead skin cells and improves skins texture and radiance. My face feels like satin after this mask.

The jar is cute. That's about it. The smell is horrendous! Like extremely chemically-like an alcohol smell. It burned while on my face, and made little difference in the feel or appearance.

on 6/4/2017 4:18:00 PM

I received a small jar of this in my Sephora Play box. I'm always into trying new masks, but this one did nothing for me. It smells nice, and the gel texture feels nice on the skin, but that's just about it. Maybe my skin looked a little bit more "glowy" afterwards, but hardly, if at all. As far as I can tell, this doesn't really have any active ingredients in it that could provide results. I FOR SURE would not shell out $58 for a full size jar 🙅🏼

I see so many negative reviews I wanted to add one...
This was a sample given to me free...
I like it very much...
It is a jar so you have to dip it out & the odor isn't that great, but I notice a decrease in lines around my lips after using in & my skin feels tightened...My whole face just looks better...
I am an old lady of 65...

on 4/22/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A light-textured and yummy-scented gel that acts as a gentle exfoliating acid. It comes in a jar and I would prefer a different packaging but I understand that in a pump it would probably get stuck.
I rarely use it on its own, I prefer it much more along with the TH Regenerating Cleanser, in the mornings: I cleanse with TH Regenerating Cleanser, leave it on and add a small amount of the Resurfacing Mask, wait for 10-15 min and rinse off. The skin is soft and glowing, the results are there for at least a couple of days.
It probably does not substitute acids completely, but sometimes it makes me feel I could live without them. Well, except for Liquid Gold once or twice a week!
You should go for it if you find the classic acids too harsh for your skin.
Not absolutely sure about repurchasing, but yes, I probably will when I finish my pot.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I should have read these reviews before I bought this, as I trust makeupalley's reviews. I went out and spent $100 that I could have used on clothes/shoes (that I actually really need lol) but instead I decided to go and buy this mask as well as the regenerating cleanser as Tata recommended and I was super hyped because it was organic, luxurious and she hyped it up, etc etc. Well, I've used it maybe 3-4 times already and I was expecting some dewy, glowy, bright new skin and my skin still looks the same & as someone else noted there aren't any exfoliating ingredients in here. I am very disappointed as I spent so much money on those two products and I was really looking forward to them working. Now I'm stuck with a full bottle of the regenerating cleanser and I've already used half of this mask so I might as well just hurry up and finish it. "Instant glow" my freaking foot. Very upset. My diy sugar, salt, & olive oil scrub gave my skin an actual glow compared to these products.