Clinique Exfoliating Scrub

Clinique Exfoliating Scrub
Exfoliating Scrub

4.3

INGREDIENTS: water\aqua\eau [] glyceryl stearate [] polyethylene [] hexylene glycol [] disodium cocoamphodiacetate [] disodium oleamido mipa-sulfosuccinate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] salicylic acid [] menthol [] stearamidoethyl diethylamine [] methylparaben [] propylparaben [] titanium dioxide

This scrub works well . I just don't like that it contains menthol. I'm not a fan of the minty tingle. It's not very expensive and it lasts a long time .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Another one my HG products that I've literally been using for well over 20 years that I completely forgot to review.

I LOVE this scrub, I use it about once a week on my face. I have to be careful not to overdue it because I have mild rosacea/sensitive skin - that somehow, is not aggravated by this scrub in the slightest. It is very gritty so you have to work gently if you're sensitive. I follow up with Clinique's Foaming Sonic cleanser and I can immediately see how smooth (almost shiny) my skin is after my shower, I'm a little red for 5-10 mins but afterwards, my skin looks great. The evening of exfoliating I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid to clear out my pores and I wake up plump, glowing skin. Wonderful stuff!

on 4/5/2016 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm not entirely sure if it is the one I purchased. The one I purchased is called Clinique exfoliating scrub super-exfoliate. It says "super-exfoliate" on the tube below "exfoliating scrub". I checked my online order history with Clinique and their website says I bought the Exfoliating Scrub and I couldn't find one called super-exfoliate there. So let me know if they aren't the same product and also ignore what I'm about to say if you know for sure they are different products.

I absolutely hate this. I didn't even know I can hate a product this much before this came along. I bought it because of all the positive reviews on Clinique's website and also in the past I had good luck with the brand. It has a VERY strong peppermint scent that really stings my eyes. It feels like I'm putting cheap unnatural toothpaste on my face. Now I didn't put it around my eyes. I don't have sensitive eyes and generally I don't hate peppermint scents. I like peppermint toothpastes, peppermint body products, and peppermint latte. But this thing is just a nightmare. The first time I used it. I put it on my face with my eyes open and it burned the crap out of my eyes. Funny thing, I looked up the ingredients on the back of the tube and there is no peppermint anything in it so I don't understand where this scent comes from. After the first time, I kept trying it in the hope that I could get used to the scent. No, that didn't happen. I bought this product last October so I did give it a fair shot. For five months, I kept trying it and kept hating it. Today after using it one last time, I decided to just get rid of it. I guess I can't love everything.

As for the exfoliating side of things, it does exfoliate my skin and leaves a smooth feeling. However, I don't think it is any different from other physical exfoliators. A drugstore exfoliator will give me the exact same results without burning my eyes.

P.S. I just noticed it actually says "100% fragrance free" on the back of the tube. So now I'm thinking maybe I got a bad one. Anyways, won't be repurchasing.

on 1/31/2016 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I purchased Clinique exfoliating scrub super- exfoliant. This product left my skin feeling refreshed and smooth. Depending on how my skin is reacting I use product 1 a week and upon occasion if my skin looks dull 2x. I will scrub my face Monday evening and Thursday evening (occasionally 2x a week) and usually I will not apply any makeup to my face the next day to give my skin a break. If I am going somewhere or I will be photographed I will exfoliate with this product the night before that way my foundation applies beautifully. With this product a little goes a long way. I usually squeeze out a dab and mix equal parts of CeraVe (which I love) as a mixing agent to apply to the skin. This product is very fine however very coarse therefore I do suggest mixing with a mild soap to reduce the harshness. In addition, I love that it is fragrance free. At first this product appear to be very pricey however it lasts me 12 months. I would definitely recommend this product for those who do not have sensitive skin and I would definitely repurchase this product again this is one of the best scrubs that I have used.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I started off loving this product, but after continued use - usually once a week - it's started to have a negative effect on my skin, leaving it very red, sore and irritated. My skin used to be able to tolerate Clinique products well, but over the last few months I've noticed this isn't the case anymore and I'm starting to think they must have changed the formula of more than just the DDML.

This is a great product if you want something that finely exfoliates and leaves your skin feeling fresh and tingly (it has menthol in it, so be very careful not to get any in your eyes), but I would be cautious if you have sensitive skin - even if it's oily - as I think this would be too much for it to handle.

on 10/2/2014 6:26:00 AM

Fantastic face exfoliator. I've been using it for almost 20 years and continue using it once a week, before my facial mask. If I find that my face looks dull, I use in the meantime and only in the mornings the 7-day scrub cream, which is lighter. For the moment... it's a keeper!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fantastic stuff. My skin tends to get dry patches and this exfoliating scrub is great at stripping away flakes and leaving my face baby soft. It's fairly grainy but still very gentle, in my opinion, and the price is very reasonable for the quality, especially considering what a lot of comparable high-end exfoliating scrubs go for.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

SEPT. 23, 2015 EDIT: I finished my 2nd tube a few weeks back and have decided to stop purchasing it since the small plastic beads wreak havoc on our water systems (they're too small to be filtered out and end up being eaten by fish) and CLINIQUE DOES TEST ON ANIMALS.

I knew that when purchasing this & my 4th bottle of moisturizing gel, but overlooked it b/c everyone in the industry does it. Lancome, Shiseido, MAC... but I finally decided that just b/c it's inconvenient to avoid these large companies, That DOESN'T MAKE IT OK. In this day and age, there's nothing to be gained from testing cosmetics on animals.

----

After years of using Neutrogena and briefly scrubbing my face with sugar, I'm very impressed by this product. It's much more gritty than any of Neutrogena's face scrubs by a long shot, which is great bang for the buck.

It's pricey ($20), but worth the dive... very glad I bought this after doing so much research on here, Sephora, and Amazon. It hasn't done any miracles on my face, but let's be real here. As far as mechanical exfoliation, it's as good as it gets.

on 6/6/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely hate Clinique products.
Two years ago, I have spent over 50 pounds, purchasing entire set of Anti Blemish Clinique, and those money were totally wasted.
The results I got were horrible: Red skin, pimples all over, dry skin.
Clinique products are quite harsh on skin, a lot of chemicals.

After years of using this and occasionally trying to find other scrubs that do the same job, I always come back to this one. I've concluded it's my HG scrub and have decided not to bother looking for others as this one, IMO, is the best. You need just a small amount and if it's too abrasive you can moisten your hands with water before applying it. It really does a fantastic job of removing the dead skin cells and revealing soft, glowing skin. Love this product!