4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I received samples over the years. I don’t find joy in using this . It’s so weird . Much prefer st Ives , it’s scented , nice relaxing and I know what is going on with the beads

About reviewer (541 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3 months ago

I’m all for chemical exfoliants but every once in a while (every 10-14 days) my thick, combination skin needs a good physical exfoliation. This is a pretty average scrub. Exfoliates pretty well (but not as well as my favorite which has been recently discontinued). The reason why I won’t buy it again is the cooling effect, which I hate. I should have read the ingredients list more carefully. It contains menthol- my bad. Well, what’s important to me that it doesn’t contain SLS so my allergy doesn’t flare up- but the cooling effect is not something I need or like. I wish companies would stop adding that ingredient to skincare products. There are quite a few pros, of course: - it makes my skin feel soft and clean, - it’s not too harsh, - didn’t dry out my skin, - a small amount will last me for a long time So if you don’t mind the cooling effect, you may like this product. Sadly my search for the perfect exfoliant continues.

About reviewer (243 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

a year ago

This is a great product that does exactly what it says it will - exfoliate. The granules in this are very fine so you get a great scrub. I’ve used other products where the granules are too big and it was not as an effective of a scrub. This one feels like soft sand, but in a good way! I use this twice a week especially if I notice dry patches or I want a deep clean feeling. It also leaves a tingle sensation after being rinsed off that I personally love. Plus at the price point you can’t go wrong! It’s a simple, no frills product and one of my favorites. Totally recommend!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

3 years ago

This scrub works well . I just don't like that it contains menthol. I'm not a fan of the minty tingle. It's not very expensive and it lasts a long time .

About reviewer (228 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

3 years ago

Another one my HG products that I've literally been using for well over 20 years that I completely forgot to review. I LOVE this scrub, I use it about once a week on my face. I have to be careful not to overdue it because I have mild rosacea/sensitive skin - that somehow, is not aggravated by this scrub in the slightest. It is very gritty so you have to work gently if you're sensitive. I follow up with Clinique's Foaming Sonic cleanser and I can immediately see how smooth (almost shiny) my skin is after my shower, I'm a little red for 5-10 mins but afterwards, my skin looks great. The evening of exfoliating I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid to clear out my pores and I wake up plump, glowing skin. Wonderful stuff!

About reviewer (131 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

1.0

4 years ago

I'm not entirely sure if it is the one I purchased. The one I purchased is called Clinique exfoliating scrub super-exfoliate. It says "super-exfoliate" on the tube below "exfoliating scrub". I checked my online order history with Clinique and their website says I bought the Exfoliating Scrub and I couldn't find one called super-exfoliate there. So let me know if they aren't the same product and also ignore what I'm about to say if you know for sure they are different products. I absolutely hate this. I didn't even know I can hate a product this much before this came along. I bought it because of all the positive reviews on Clinique's website and also in the past I had good luck with the brand. It has a VERY strong peppermint scent that really stings my eyes. It feels like I'm putting cheap unnatural toothpaste on my face. Now I didn't put it around my eyes. I don't have sensitive eyes and generally I don't hate peppermint scents. I like peppermint toothpastes, peppermint body products, and peppermint latte. But this thing is just a nightmare. The first time I used it. I put it on my face with my eyes open and it burned the crap out of my eyes. Funny thing, I looked up the ingredients on the back of the tube and there is no peppermint anything in it so I don't understand where this scent comes from. After the first time, I kept trying it in the hope that I could get used to the scent. No, that didn't happen. I bought this product last October so I did give it a fair shot. For five months, I kept trying it and kept hating it. Today after using it one last time, I decided to just get rid of it. I guess I can't love everything. As for the exfoliating side of things, it does exfoliate my skin and leaves a smooth feeling. However, I don't think it is any different from other physical exfoliators. A drugstore exfoliator will give me the exact same results without burning my eyes. P.S. I just noticed it actually says "100% fragrance free" on the back of the tube. So now I'm thinking maybe I got a bad one. Anyways, won't be repurchasing.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I purchased Clinique exfoliating scrub super- exfoliant. This product left my skin feeling refreshed and smooth. Depending on how my skin is reacting I use product 1 a week and upon occasion if my skin looks dull 2x. I will scrub my face Monday evening and Thursday evening (occasionally 2x a week) and usually I will not apply any makeup to my face the next day to give my skin a break. If I am going somewhere or I will be photographed I will exfoliate with this product the night before that way my foundation applies beautifully. With this product a little goes a long way. I usually squeeze out a dab and mix equal parts of CeraVe (which I love) as a mixing agent to apply to the skin. This product is very fine however very coarse therefore I do suggest mixing with a mild soap to reduce the harshness. In addition, I love that it is fragrance free. At first this product appear to be very pricey however it lasts me 12 months. I would definitely recommend this product for those who do not have sensitive skin and I would definitely repurchase this product again this is one of the best scrubs that I have used.

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

5 years ago

I started off loving this product, but after continued use - usually once a week - it's started to have a negative effect on my skin, leaving it very red, sore and irritated. My skin used to be able to tolerate Clinique products well, but over the last few months I've noticed this isn't the case anymore and I'm starting to think they must have changed the formula of more than just the DDML. This is a great product if you want something that finely exfoliates and leaves your skin feeling fresh and tingly (it has menthol in it, so be very careful not to get any in your eyes), but I would be cautious if you have sensitive skin - even if it's oily - as I think this would be too much for it to handle.

About reviewer (652 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

6 years ago

Fantastic face exfoliator. I've been using it for almost 20 years and continue using it once a week, before my facial mask. If I find that my face looks dull, I use in the meantime and only in the mornings the 7-day scrub cream, which is lighter. For the moment... it's a keeper!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

Fantastic stuff. My skin tends to get dry patches and this exfoliating scrub is great at stripping away flakes and leaving my face baby soft. It's fairly grainy but still very gentle, in my opinion, and the price is very reasonable for the quality, especially considering what a lot of comparable high-end exfoliating scrubs go for.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24