Cover FX CC Cream Time Release Tinted

Cover FX CC Cream Time Release Tinted

3.5

Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Aminomethyl Propanol, Water, Butylene Glycol, Carrageenan, Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Citric Acid, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Dimethyl Sulfone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Glycerin, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Hydrogenated Didecene, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Lactic Acid, Lecithin, Niacin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Portulaca Oleracea (Green Purslane) Extract, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Resveratrol, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Extract, Sea Salt, Silica, Sodium Coco-Glucoside Tartrate, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Synthetic Beeswax, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Theobroma (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Thioctic Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 5/9/2016 9:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

goes chalky and ashy, not luminous. Better coverage than most BBs or CCs, but makes my pores look huge and my face look ashy and unhealthy by the end of the day. Smashbox Camera Ready CC and Mac BB look better at the end of the day, but I still need to target blemishes with a concealer as the coverage of those is less than CoverFX but I still prefer them anyway as they wear better on my fair, combination/mature skin

on 4/7/2016 7:29:00 AM

I love this product. Unfortunately it seems that it is discontinued. Shame I wish I could buy it again.

on 2/8/2015 7:34:00 PM

I tried this in Light/Medium. Wow, it went really bright orangy-peach on my NC15 olive/yellow skin!

The formula is very pigmented. If this were a good color match for me I'd have to sheer it down with a lot of moisturizer or sunblock. I feel the formula is really chalky. Probably great if you're looking for full-coverage.

I was looking for a BB cream with SPF that I could apply quickly and go. This isn't it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this CC cream during SDM's promotion of BOGO free. $45 CDN for two is a pretty good deal considering Coverfx is a higher end brand without the nasties and no animal cruelty. While I do not need the anti-aging claims of retinoids to smooth fine lines, brighten the complexion, or SPF 30 in my makeup products, I do appreciate the added benefits.

I got two shades: G Light Medium and G Medium Deep; the former works as my winter shade NC 25-30 and the latter works for my NC 35 skin during the summer. Currently, I am mostly using G Medium Deep around the face and G Light Medium under my eyes and other points to subtly highlight.

I am a serious grease ball; in the summer, nothing will hold my oils back, but I found a combo of this CC cream and the Makeup Forever Step 1 Mattifying Primer really kept me matte for a full 8 hours. This CC cream has a thick consistency and I only use half a pea size amount for a first layer. Buildable, I can use more to cover up redness and pigmentation. I like to use my Beauty Blender damp to bounce it on to reduce this to a more of a natural finish, even so, I find that the more normal areas of my face feels a bit tight, so I can't say this is good for dry skin. The scent, isn't that offensive and it will dissipate after it sets.

I am grateful this hasn't broken my finicky acne prone skin out and its great for daily wear for school and work, but wear time is meh and I don't like wearing a primer everyday for such a matte base.

Update: This is really matte, I use a bit only on my face with a damp beauty blender and it leaves my complexion looking aged and powdery, and for something as matte as it is, the oil control is non-existent. I will mix in my lighter coverage foundations to use this up!

on 12/11/2014 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I thought I found my HG foundation/CC cream but unfortunately it broke me out. Unlike most BB/CC creams, the coverage is amazing- you only need less than a pea sized amount for full matte coverage, and it lasts all day and night. It controlled my oiliness really well. It has an SPF of 30 and it helps with skin discoloration and its unscented. Packaging is a plastic squeeze tube with a screw on cap. Good color selection- they have a light, m-deep, deep in all 3 undertones. Only con about this product is that the texture is pretty thick and it oxidizes a bit. purchased mine at sephora for $45

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is practically a foundation because of the amount of coverage it gives you, which is fabulous, but the ingredients broke me out. It claims to help acne yet I fail to see how considering some of the highly noncomedogenic ingredients the product contains. Was hopeful, but nope. Another one bites the dust.

on 7/31/2014 6:11:00 PM

I was talked into this in Sephora when I was mulling around in the Tarte aisle looking for a product to replace my old standby Smooth Operator/Amazonian Clay BB in Fair, which is no longer available and, even in the other colors, just isn't the same anymore. They've done something to screw it up. I liked the idea that this product uses only physical sunscreens -- which I need -- and the salesperson said that she too was disappointed in the direction Tarte has gone in lately and really liked this line as a replacement. She may but I don't. I used it once and determined that it needs to go back. Especially for the hefty price tag of $50! I found it to be very drying, somewhat masklike and the color was too light and too yellow. Back to the hunt...

on 6/26/2014 10:22:00 AM

I recently purchased the new BB Gel, which I really loved. I found it was a little drying for my combo and acne skin. I ended up purchasing the CC, and let's just saw OMG it's awesome. Not as drying as the BB, and has the same benefits to heal problematic skin types. I've been using for a week, and can already see less redness, and reduced scarring. I use this along with my Paulas Choice Combo Skin Set. I top the CC off with Bare Minerals Original Foundation, MUFE HD Cream Blush, and Josie Maran Illuminizer. This combo is amazing for summer!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A promising start... Normally wear Bobbi Brown BB Cream but it's really not yellow enough for my undertones (cooler complextions will likely do better). Tried Josie Maran Tinted moisturizer but I have to mix to shades to get the right color & that's gets pretty expensive. Also Josie Muran is a bit heavy (but it gives me a lovely bronzey, summer glow...mmmm!).

So I've been on the hunt for a BB/CC cream with SPF that works well with my undertones & doesn't irritate my sentive oily skin. Tried the G-Deep. Color match up is pretty good. No need to mix. No irritation...yay! Feels ok so far, not too heavy but I haven't given it more than 4 hours of wear yet. Hoping it lasts. The Cover FX BB Gel faded after 2-3 hours & it doesn't have sunscreen.

Will post an update after a full test....fingers crossed :-)

on 5/28/2014 11:51:00 AM

I was skeptical upon buying this as I never found CC creams to be enough coverage for me, however this product is the perfect amount of coverage. My skin is very prone to redness and I often find that even foundations are not enough to fully even out my skin tone, but the Cover FX CC has been able to do an amazing job. I have found that my makeup looks much less cakey as it is doing the job of a full coverage foundation. I often am able to use the CC with a light dusting of powder to set it and some bronzer and I am set for the day. It's staying power is incredible as well. I have very oily skin so I often lose my makeup within a few hours however I have been able to last much longer without having to retouch anything. It was very easy to find a match for my skin tone as well! Great product!