Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer BLEMISH CONTROL

Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer BLEMISH CONTROL

2.9

Active: Salicylic Acid 2% Other Ingredients: Water, Squalane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Tocopheryl, Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cinnamomum Zelanicum Bark Extract, Honey Extract/Mel/Extrait De Miel, Panthenol, Sarcosine, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Coco-Glucoside, Capryloyl Glycine, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

While the packaging I feel is pretty solid, it just felt like a basic silicone primer. My makeup did crease and wipe off during the day regardless. I would not buy again.

Also, yes, it is green but its pretty much clear once on your face so it really doesnt counteract any red or pink tones.

on 2/8/2017 2:11:00 PM

This is a waste of money. I got the trial size for $16(UGH) from Macy's probably almost a year ago now and I never reach for it. I don't necessarily expect this to clear my skin up because it's not a treatment but idk, it's just so bland. I'm better off buying something cheap or not using anything at all. I guess the ingredients are probably good to sit on top of acneic skin but as a primer, I don't feel like it smooths my skin out, helps anything go on better or increases longevity. Also, when I squeeze some out, a lot of weird clear liquid comes out with it. I feel like Smashbox primers are so hyped but I personally would say pass on them. I'm going to use this up just so i'm not throwing away $16 but I won't repurchase this or probably any smash box primers again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

It's horrible and makes my foundation go on so weird and rub off and stuff idk. It didn't help with my acne at all either. Their normal Photo Finish Primer is way better.

This primer is fine, but quite different from the other Smashbox primers I've used. The texture is like a moisturizing lotion. My skin is acne prone, and though I can't decide if the product actually helped or prevented any breakouts, it did not dry out my skin like some products with salicylic acid. I purchased at a cosmetics outlet and can't say that I would pay the full $40+ price for it in the future. I did have to be careful though; while it worked great for foundation, I used a couple of bb creams over this primer and they did not mix well. The product would ball up and flake off so I stopped trying to apply bb cream over it. Also, it would separate into cream and oil if unused for a few days, so I had to shake it well to mix. I did store it flat, so maybe it wouldn't do that if standing up.

Overall, not a bad product if used with foundation just not amazing.

on 3/10/2016 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was the only routine change I made this past week. The result - exponentially oilier than usual by the time I reached the parking garage at 9 a.m., and watched my foundation slide off throughout the day. Best part - cystic acne all over. At this price, it should work without a lot of "but you need to" with it. $42 worth of big-name bullsh/t.

This primer is decent. I've been using it for a month now under foundation and while it doesn't do a great job of keeping my skin from getting too oily, there seems to be less transfer with my foundation. Can't say it actually fights blemishes, but it doesn't cause them so that's a plus. It doesn't have the silky feel that the standard smashbox photo ready primer has; this formula is more like a very lightweight, fast-absorbing lotion. There is no unpleasant smell or feel to it, in my opinion. However, the product does have a tendency to separate easily... I have to shake up the tube before each use, otherwise it comes out messy and in two consistencies. I'm happy with it overall, although it isn't my holy grail primer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This primer does a good job at holding on my make up so it wont melt off, and I have acne. When I applied it, first off I'm not a big fan of the smell (i don't know how to describe it) but i wasn't strong so it didn't bother me that much. I liked how my makeup looked and I went on with my day, but after an hour my skin really didn't like it and i started to get more pimples, so when I got home I had to remove it right away, I'm just happy that I got this as a sample from Sephora so I didn't feel bad when I threw it out.

on 10/21/2015 10:08:00 AM

Nothing more then a good primer however it does nothing for my redness

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm sort of iffy on this product. I had bought it a while ago and heard great things from others about this product. I have oily skin and when I don't use the prescribed creams, I try other alternatives so my skin doesn't dry out and crack (which usually happens because the prescribed creams are drying). I had bought this product for about $50 from my local Shoppers Drug Mart and was excited to try it. It made my skin feel sticky and gross. On the back of the product and packaging, it says you can wear it on bear skin or under make up. I personally don't like to wear it under make up because it makes my skin sticky. However, it works best on bare skin (though it makes me personally look greasy). If you plan on purchasing this product, I recommend wearing it under liquid and cream facial products as pressed powders and some compact foundations will be hard to blend. I would rather have spent money on a regular primer and just stay on top of cleansing my face.

on 7/10/2015 4:55:00 PM

For years I have used the clear smashbox primer however I recently changed to the blemish control one after the man at the counter telling me it improved his skin. I was sure this would just break me out like everything new I usually try but within a few days I stopped getting spots and its cleared up my skin lots. It's pricey but 100% worth it, never found anything that helps my skin like this!! Don't go a day without it now!