Coastal Scents Hot Pots (general)

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
No Image

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/19/2014 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Coastal Scents Hot Pots are among my favorite eyeshadows. The price/quality ratio simply can not be beaten as the pigmentation and blend-ability of them is awesome. I bought these Hot Pots when they were on sale at $0.99 a piece. The regular price is $1.95 each which is still very affordable. There are also more than 300 colors to choose from so there are a few unique shades in the line.

The performance of these is on par with any high end eyeshadow in my opinion. I have purchased both their mattes and shimmers, the matte eyeshadows are very good but the shimmers are outstanding-I prefer Coastal Scents Hot Pot shimmers to Makeup Geek and they are cheaper. I have over 30 of the Hot Pots and the following are my favorites:

Fleshtone (now called Nectar) - Gorgeous champagne highlight color. A universal color that will suit most skin tones. There are probably a few dupes of this color out there. However what makes Fleshtone awesome is that it's so pigmented and smooth that it's a dream to use. I really like this on the browbone/inner corners but it also works well on the cheekbones.

Bright Copper- Stunning rose gold shimmer that is so smooth and pigmented. Another favorite.

Copper Pot- This is a great shimmery golden brown with orange undertones. It's beautiful but a very dupable color. The color is very close to MAC Amber Lights but with a more shimmery finish.

Elven Gold-This is a light gold with a slight green undertone. It works well as a highlight and looks great paired with green eyeshadows.

Tuscany- This is a unique color that I'd describe as a matte pinky brown with a bit of orange in it. It reminds me of a terracotta tile and I love this color in the crease. Beautiful.

Paprika- This is a deeper,redder version of Tuscany, the two are very similar and I love both.

Dark Golden Olive- The name is a bit of a misnomer as there's nothing golden about it. It's a dark khaki green with more of a satin than shimmery finish. Awesome color.

Medieval Gold-This is an antique bronze color with great texture and pigmentation.

Golden Avocado - Perfect shimmery golden green, very flattering everyday green for me.

Redstone- A shimmery wine-burgundy red. A gorgeous color for fall.

Cherry Moss- A gorgeous brown/green duochrome eyeshadow. Similar to MAC Club

Spruced Up-A shimmery light green with some grey tones. Very pretty.

Mai Tai- A pretty shimmery taupe with some purple tones. Along the lines of MAC Satin Taupe/Makeup Geek Prom Night.

Deep Viridian- this is a matte deep turquoise, not quite as wearable a color as some of the others but the pigmentation of it is insane. Would make a great eyeliner. If you're a fan of blue-green eyeshadows, you'll want this.

Pumpkin Pie- This is a great matte ,light tan color. This one is very close to my skin tone so it's perfect for blending.

Oatmeal Tan- This is similar to Pumpkin Pie but it's a bit darker. This one is also great for blending and it works as an all over lid color when I want a nude eye look.

Chocolatier-Beautiful matte dark reddish brown. This is a great matte that is so pigmented and buttery.

Oktoberfest- Initially I wasn't a huge fan of this one but it steadily grew on me. It's a matte burnt orange- brown that works with warm eye looks. It looks great in the crease and adds intensity to a warm neutral eye look.

**If forced to choose I'd say Nectar,Tuscany, Pumpkin Pie, Oatmeal Tan,Bright Copper, Golden Avocado, Redstone, Chocolatier and Medieval Gold would be my must haves from the entire line.

Video Reviews & Tutorials