Coastal Scents Hot Pots (general)

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

1 review

on 4/13/2015 4:44:00 AM

I noticed that there aren't many reviews for matte Hot Pots. I have 11 matte Hot Pots and 1 shimmery shade. One light matte (Chamois Nude) and a range of reddish-purplish and brown shadows, plus a shimmery Light Apricot. They're fantastic!

The matte shadows are pigmented BUT there is a bit of a learning curve. They are not buttery soft like Urban Decay eye shadows. Still, they can be blended beautifully -- it just takes a bit more than one quick swirl. This allows for more control over blending. It is easy to build up colour. I think this is because the shadows contain kaolin clay. Kaolin clay increases adhesion. I have an Illamasqua Facets palette that includes a few eye shadows and an eyebrow powder. In that palette, the brow powder has kaolinite in it and it performs differently to the eye shadows. It kind of sticks more. It's the same with the Coastal Scents Hot Pots. It's more noticeable in the mattes.

I do use a primer so I don't know how the shadows would last alone on my oily lids but with primer they last all day unchanged, from 8am to 7pm, when I remove my make up.

Video Reviews & Tutorials