Coastal Scents Hot Pots (general)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

4.4

on 1/1/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These eyeshadow are very similar to morphe single shadows. They are hit and misses. Some are very soft and others are super chalky (burnt umber) They also don't blend well. I don't think I will be repurchasing since the ingredients are not the safest.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

So impressed and happy with these! For the price and value, they can't be beat. I wanted matte shadows since I have a lot of shimmers, so I bought: Oatmeal Tan, Persian Peach, Kokomo, Harvest Brown, Oktoberfest, and Tangelo Tint. I recommend all these shades HIGHLY they are the warms browns you see on trend. The blend really well and aren't chalky or powdery. Very very happy with these and am going to buy more!

on 3/28/2016 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The colors are slightly different from what's on the site. I apply most of my eyeshadow with a flat paintbrush, as I feel it grants a more accurate shape. these do not disappoint, they're high quality, super pigmented, and the variety of shades is INSANE. They work well with each other. I ended up using the sample of Shea butter they gave me as a primer, and it works great as well.

One of my colors flipped out of the packaging, the packaging's a bit weird. On to the shadows themselves, These are AMAZING. Of course, I've only owned wet n' wild, Jcat beauty, and naked cosmetics shadows before, some of which came from ipsy bags. I don't know what people are on about with the mattes, they seem very pigmented to me, whether I swatch them with my finger or a brush, but YOU MUST use primer, the colors are much brighter and alive that way. all of the colors have been quite good quality, and for 99 cents (I bought them half price) they're quite a steal. I bought about 26, and there hasn't been a single dud, although the colors can differ compared to what's on the site, for example, Frosted Pea looks pale green, but online, It's more of a white. They're easy to blend (even though I suck at blending)

on 12/16/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

To be totally honest, I think people rate these highly because of the price. A friend of mine loved these and recommended a few shades to me so I thought it would be a great idea if I made a palette for them. I bought 15 shadows and they've... mostly gone unused. Sadly.

These Hot Pots have too much fallout and crumble very easily, and the color fades even with good primers (I like NARS and the wet n'wild one).

I also dislike that the color for many of these shadows is not saturated/pigmented after application on the eye. Good swatches don't necessarily translate into good performance once on the eyelid. It seems like these Hot Pots do not adhere well to the skin.

If you ask my opinion... I think many consumers get sidetracked by quantity vs quality. Save money by trying 1 thing at a time rather than 5 because you're so excited that other people are raving about it. Your own experience with a product is fundamentally more important and relevant than what a Youtube guru (who could have been sponsored to promote a product) has to say.

For people on a budget, I recommend the e.l.f. smudge pots, Kiko eyeshadow sticks, and the L'ORÉAL Infallible eyeshadows.

on 12/19/2014 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Coastal Scents Hot Pots are among my favorite eyeshadows. The price/quality ratio simply can not be beaten as the pigmentation and blend-ability of them is awesome. I bought these Hot Pots when they were on sale at $0.99 a piece. The regular price is $1.95 each which is still very affordable. There are also more than 300 colors to choose from so there are a few unique shades in the line.

The performance of these is on par with any high end eyeshadow in my opinion. I have purchased both their mattes and shimmers, the matte eyeshadows are very good but the shimmers are outstanding-I prefer Coastal Scents Hot Pot shimmers to Makeup Geek and they are cheaper. I have over 30 of the Hot Pots and the following are my favorites:

Fleshtone (now called Nectar) - Gorgeous champagne highlight color. A universal color that will suit most skin tones. There are probably a few dupes of this color out there. However what makes Fleshtone awesome is that it's so pigmented and smooth that it's a dream to use. I really like this on the browbone/inner corners but it also works well on the cheekbones.

Bright Copper- Stunning rose gold shimmer that is so smooth and pigmented. Another favorite.

Copper Pot- This is a great shimmery golden brown with orange undertones. It's beautiful but a very dupable color. The color is very close to MAC Amber Lights but with a more shimmery finish.

Elven Gold-This is a light gold with a slight green undertone. It works well as a highlight and looks great paired with green eyeshadows.

Tuscany- This is a unique color that I'd describe as a matte pinky brown with a bit of orange in it. It reminds me of a terracotta tile and I love this color in the crease. Beautiful.

Paprika- This is a deeper,redder version of Tuscany, the two are very similar and I love both.

Dark Golden Olive- The name is a bit of a misnomer as there's nothing golden about it. It's a dark khaki green with more of a satin than shimmery finish. Awesome color.

Medieval Gold-This is an antique bronze color with great texture and pigmentation.

Golden Avocado - Perfect shimmery golden green, very flattering everyday green for me.

Redstone- A shimmery wine-burgundy red. A gorgeous color for fall.

Cherry Moss- A gorgeous brown/green duochrome eyeshadow. Similar to MAC Club

Spruced Up-A shimmery light green with some grey tones. Very pretty.

Mai Tai- A pretty shimmery taupe with some purple tones. Along the lines of MAC Satin Taupe/Makeup Geek Prom Night.

Deep Viridian- this is a matte deep turquoise, not quite as wearable a color as some of the others but the pigmentation of it is insane. Would make a great eyeliner. If you're a fan of blue-green eyeshadows, you'll want this.

Pumpkin Pie- This is a great matte ,light tan color. This one is very close to my skin tone so it's perfect for blending.

Oatmeal Tan- This is similar to Pumpkin Pie but it's a bit darker. This one is also great for blending and it works as an all over lid color when I want a nude eye look.

Chocolatier-Beautiful matte dark reddish brown. This is a great matte that is so pigmented and buttery.

Oktoberfest- Initially I wasn't a huge fan of this one but it steadily grew on me. It's a matte burnt orange- brown that works with warm eye looks. It looks great in the crease and adds intensity to a warm neutral eye look.

**If forced to choose I'd say Nectar,Tuscany, Pumpkin Pie, Oatmeal Tan,Bright Copper, Golden Avocado, Redstone, Chocolatier and Medieval Gold would be my must haves from the entire line.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wow this has to be the highest rating i've ever given a product! These are so cheap, under $2, and soooo incredibly buttery, creamy, and pigmented. They're so pigmented that you would swear that its a loose pigment rather than a pressed eyeshadow. These blend better than makeupgeek eyeshadows, and i have a bunch of those two, which are 3x the cost :/

Also there are so many colors to choose from which is great. I love the neutrals and coppers--definitely check out "bright copper" and "peachy copper"--soo vibrant, blendable and gorgeous!

on 8/6/2014 3:13:00 PM

I really like Coastal Scents' hot pot single eyeshadows! There are TONS of colors to choose from, way more than the singles BH Cosmetics offers. They have a good range of textures to choose from as well, & they have everything to rich metallics, everyday neutrals, blending shades, brights, darks, satins, & everything in between! Also, I'm convinced that the eyeshadow they use for the hot pots is different than the eyeshadow in the 88 palettes (or the 120's, 252's, etc. Basically the ones that have tons of colors), it seems to be much better quality. Don't get me wrong, I have the 88 Original palette & I love it & am satisfied with the quality, but I'm just saying that in my experience, I feel that the shadow for the Hot Pots is better. It's cool because they sell the pans of eyeshadow separately, & empty palettes, so you can build your own palette, or if you already have a palette at home & don't need a new one you can save some money & just buy the refills-I believe that they fit into Mac palettes, but am not 100% certain on that-would be easy enough to find out though. A few of my favorites I reach for alot off the top of my head are Wishy-Washy, Steel Grey, Kodiak, & Rainstorm.

on 7/21/2014 9:16:00 PM

Hot pots are fantastic little gems!!!! Highly pigmented, great wearing, and the colour selection is vast. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I have almost every colour.

on 7/18/2014 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My video review of the Coastal Scents Hot Pots & a video of my collection with swatches.

Mini Review & Haul -