Coastal Scents Hot Pots (general)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

on 12/16/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

To be totally honest, I think people rate these highly because of the price. A friend of mine loved these and recommended a few shades to me so I thought it would be a great idea if I made a palette for them. I bought 15 shadows and they've... mostly gone unused. Sadly.

These Hot Pots have too much fallout and crumble very easily, and the color fades even with good primers (I like NARS and the wet n'wild one).

I also dislike that the color for many of these shadows is not saturated/pigmented after application on the eye. Good swatches don't necessarily translate into good performance once on the eyelid. It seems like these Hot Pots do not adhere well to the skin.

If you ask my opinion... I think many consumers get sidetracked by quantity vs quality. Save money by trying 1 thing at a time rather than 5 because you're so excited that other people are raving about it. Your own experience with a product is fundamentally more important and relevant than what a Youtube guru (who could have been sponsored to promote a product) has to say.

For people on a budget, I recommend the e.l.f. smudge pots, Kiko eyeshadow sticks, and the L'ORÉAL Infallible eyeshadows.

on 6/9/2015 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

These eyeshadows are beyond amazing especially for the price. They are 1.95 regularly and they go on sale a couple times out of the year for 99 cents...you can't find a better deal then that..these are highly pigmented shadows and blend wonderfully..one tip i would give everyone is too read the description of each shadow.....so many ppl do not do this and then complain that it is sheer to too shimmery or something to that effect. They have a description on each color telling you the shade.. its opacity..and if its shimmer matte satin whatever finish...that way you know what to expect...the only colors i found to have a little trouble with are the matte purples not all of them but some of the deeper colors do not have the color payoff like the rest of the shadows..these shadpws can be used without a primer and they will still be very vibrant and last a long time but i always wear primer with my eyeshadow..these shadows last all day until i wash them off they blend very nicely and i dont get alot of fallout..i have never had any allergic reaction to them.. I have 4 large custom palettes from CS and 1 12 pan palette for my kit...then i have a few of their other palettes they make, the creative me 1 palette...think pink palette....fall festive palette which is beyond beatiful...and the smokey palette...I use them all on clients and i have never had a complaint or a bad reaction from a client..I will say this though about the smokey palette i was kind of let down maybe i got a dud but its not as pigmented as the rest of my palettes...i also have the 252 color palette and wow is all i can say to that...beyond pigmented beautiful colors and finishes..i also have their blush palette which is amazing and their reavealed palettes which are just as amazing and they are also great dupes for the urban decay naked 123 palettes..I have all 3 naked palettes so there is definitely dupes to all the colors in the reavealed palettes...I recommend the hot pots by coastal scents sooo much you wont be dissatisfied..just be sure to read the description on the colors so you know exactly what you are getting.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wow this has to be the highest rating i've ever given a product! These are so cheap, under $2, and soooo incredibly buttery, creamy, and pigmented. They're so pigmented that you would swear that its a loose pigment rather than a pressed eyeshadow. These blend better than makeupgeek eyeshadows, and i have a bunch of those two, which are 3x the cost :/

Also there are so many colors to choose from which is great. I love the neutrals and coppers--definitely check out "bright copper" and "peachy copper"--soo vibrant, blendable and gorgeous!

on 7/18/2014 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My video review of the Coastal Scents Hot Pots & a video of my collection with swatches.

Mini Review & Haul -