Coastal Scents Hot Pots (general)

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

I love these inexpensive eyeshadows...I have tried many drugstore eyeshadows and a few high end but these are honestly the best. They are inexpensive and are offered in a variety of shades and they blend well and offer lots of pigmentation. I sometimes get tempted to buy new eyeshadow palettes in store but when I swatch them I end up feeling that what I already have in coastal scents hot pots are exactly what I like so I dont feel the need to buy more eyeshadows..I havent bought any other brand shadows for ages.

I made 2 custom palettes from coastal scents with these shadows. I have one for more natural looks and the other filled with brighter shades.

I dont use primer most of the time and I never have problems with creasing or fading with these shadows, but keep in mind that my skin tends to be on the dry side as well and my eyelids are very normal, not oily or anything.

My FAVORITE shade is 'victorian pear'...its the PERFECT nudey dusky pink color to apply all over my lid, I wear it on its own most days when i dont feel like spending a lot of time doing my eyeshadow. I LOVE IT so much!!

on 3/28/2016 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The colors are slightly different from what's on the site. I apply most of my eyeshadow with a flat paintbrush, as I feel it grants a more accurate shape. these do not disappoint, they're high quality, super pigmented, and the variety of shades is INSANE. They work well with each other. I ended up using the sample of Shea butter they gave me as a primer, and it works great as well.

on 12/19/2014 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Coastal Scents Hot Pots are among my favorite eyeshadows. The price/quality ratio simply can not be beaten as the pigmentation and blend-ability of them is awesome. I bought these Hot Pots when they were on sale at $0.99 a piece. The regular price is $1.95 each which is still very affordable. There are also more than 300 colors to choose from so there are a few unique shades in the line.

The performance of these is on par with any high end eyeshadow in my opinion. I have purchased both their mattes and shimmers, the matte eyeshadows are very good but the shimmers are outstanding-I prefer Coastal Scents Hot Pot shimmers to Makeup Geek and they are cheaper. I have over 30 of the Hot Pots and the following are my favorites:

Fleshtone (now called Nectar) - Gorgeous champagne highlight color. A universal color that will suit most skin tones. There are probably a few dupes of this color out there. However what makes Fleshtone awesome is that it's so pigmented and smooth that it's a dream to use. I really like this on the browbone/inner corners but it also works well on the cheekbones.

Bright Copper- Stunning rose gold shimmer that is so smooth and pigmented. Another favorite.

Copper Pot- This is a great shimmery golden brown with orange undertones. It's beautiful but a very dupable color. The color is very close to MAC Amber Lights but with a more shimmery finish.

Elven Gold-This is a light gold with a slight green undertone. It works well as a highlight and looks great paired with green eyeshadows.

Tuscany- This is a unique color that I'd describe as a matte pinky brown with a bit of orange in it. It reminds me of a terracotta tile and I love this color in the crease. Beautiful.

Paprika- This is a deeper,redder version of Tuscany, the two are very similar and I love both.

Dark Golden Olive- The name is a bit of a misnomer as there's nothing golden about it. It's a dark khaki green with more of a satin than shimmery finish. Awesome color.

Medieval Gold-This is an antique bronze color with great texture and pigmentation.

Golden Avocado - Perfect shimmery golden green, very flattering everyday green for me.

Redstone- A shimmery wine-burgundy red. A gorgeous color for fall.

Cherry Moss- A gorgeous brown/green duochrome eyeshadow. Similar to MAC Club

Spruced Up-A shimmery light green with some grey tones. Very pretty.

Mai Tai- A pretty shimmery taupe with some purple tones. Along the lines of MAC Satin Taupe/Makeup Geek Prom Night.

Deep Viridian- this is a matte deep turquoise, not quite as wearable a color as some of the others but the pigmentation of it is insane. Would make a great eyeliner. If you're a fan of blue-green eyeshadows, you'll want this.

Pumpkin Pie- This is a great matte ,light tan color. This one is very close to my skin tone so it's perfect for blending.

Oatmeal Tan- This is similar to Pumpkin Pie but it's a bit darker. This one is also great for blending and it works as an all over lid color when I want a nude eye look.

Chocolatier-Beautiful matte dark reddish brown. This is a great matte that is so pigmented and buttery.

Oktoberfest- Initially I wasn't a huge fan of this one but it steadily grew on me. It's a matte burnt orange- brown that works with warm eye looks. It looks great in the crease and adds intensity to a warm neutral eye look.

**If forced to choose I'd say Nectar,Tuscany, Pumpkin Pie, Oatmeal Tan,Bright Copper, Golden Avocado, Redstone, Chocolatier and Medieval Gold would be my must haves from the entire line.

Video Reviews & Tutorials