Coastal Scents Hot Pots (general)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

4.4

on 1/1/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These eyeshadow are very similar to morphe single shadows. They are hit and misses. Some are very soft and others are super chalky (burnt umber) They also don't blend well. I don't think I will be repurchasing since the ingredients are not the safest.

One of my colors flipped out of the packaging, the packaging's a bit weird. On to the shadows themselves, These are AMAZING. Of course, I've only owned wet n' wild, Jcat beauty, and naked cosmetics shadows before, some of which came from ipsy bags. I don't know what people are on about with the mattes, they seem very pigmented to me, whether I swatch them with my finger or a brush, but YOU MUST use primer, the colors are much brighter and alive that way. all of the colors have been quite good quality, and for 99 cents (I bought them half price) they're quite a steal. I bought about 26, and there hasn't been a single dud, although the colors can differ compared to what's on the site, for example, Frosted Pea looks pale green, but online, It's more of a white. They're easy to blend (even though I suck at blending)

on 6/9/2015 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

These eyeshadows are beyond amazing especially for the price. They are 1.95 regularly and they go on sale a couple times out of the year for 99 cents...you can't find a better deal then that..these are highly pigmented shadows and blend wonderfully..one tip i would give everyone is too read the description of each shadow.....so many ppl do not do this and then complain that it is sheer to too shimmery or something to that effect. They have a description on each color telling you the shade.. its opacity..and if its shimmer matte satin whatever finish...that way you know what to expect...the only colors i found to have a little trouble with are the matte purples not all of them but some of the deeper colors do not have the color payoff like the rest of the shadows..these shadpws can be used without a primer and they will still be very vibrant and last a long time but i always wear primer with my eyeshadow..these shadows last all day until i wash them off they blend very nicely and i dont get alot of fallout..i have never had any allergic reaction to them.. I have 4 large custom palettes from CS and 1 12 pan palette for my kit...then i have a few of their other palettes they make, the creative me 1 palette...think pink palette....fall festive palette which is beyond beatiful...and the smokey palette...I use them all on clients and i have never had a complaint or a bad reaction from a client..I will say this though about the smokey palette i was kind of let down maybe i got a dud but its not as pigmented as the rest of my palettes...i also have the 252 color palette and wow is all i can say to that...beyond pigmented beautiful colors and finishes..i also have their blush palette which is amazing and their reavealed palettes which are just as amazing and they are also great dupes for the urban decay naked 123 palettes..I have all 3 naked palettes so there is definitely dupes to all the colors in the reavealed palettes...I recommend the hot pots by coastal scents sooo much you wont be dissatisfied..just be sure to read the description on the colors so you know exactly what you are getting.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wow this has to be the highest rating i've ever given a product! These are so cheap, under $2, and soooo incredibly buttery, creamy, and pigmented. They're so pigmented that you would swear that its a loose pigment rather than a pressed eyeshadow. These blend better than makeupgeek eyeshadows, and i have a bunch of those two, which are 3x the cost :/

Also there are so many colors to choose from which is great. I love the neutrals and coppers--definitely check out "bright copper" and "peachy copper"--soo vibrant, blendable and gorgeous!

on 7/18/2014 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My video review of the Coastal Scents Hot Pots & a video of my collection with swatches.

Mini Review & Haul -