Coastal Scents Hot Pots (general)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

4.3

on 1/1/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These eyeshadow are very similar to morphe single shadows. They are hit and misses. Some are very soft and others are super chalky (burnt umber) They also don't blend well. I don't think I will be repurchasing since the ingredients are not the safest.

One of my colors flipped out of the packaging, the packaging's a bit weird. On to the shadows themselves, These are AMAZING. Of course, I've only owned wet n' wild, Jcat beauty, and naked cosmetics shadows before, some of which came from ipsy bags. I don't know what people are on about with the mattes, they seem very pigmented to me, whether I swatch them with my finger or a brush, but YOU MUST use primer, the colors are much brighter and alive that way. all of the colors have been quite good quality, and for 99 cents (I bought them half price) they're quite a steal. I bought about 26, and there hasn't been a single dud, although the colors can differ compared to what's on the site, for example, Frosted Pea looks pale green, but online, It's more of a white. They're easy to blend (even though I suck at blending)

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wow this has to be the highest rating i've ever given a product! These are so cheap, under $2, and soooo incredibly buttery, creamy, and pigmented. They're so pigmented that you would swear that its a loose pigment rather than a pressed eyeshadow. These blend better than makeupgeek eyeshadows, and i have a bunch of those two, which are 3x the cost :/

Also there are so many colors to choose from which is great. I love the neutrals and coppers--definitely check out "bright copper" and "peachy copper"--soo vibrant, blendable and gorgeous!

on 7/18/2014 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My video review of the Coastal Scents Hot Pots & a video of my collection with swatches.

Mini Review & Haul -