Coastal Scents Hot Pots (general)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.8

I picked up some of these cs hot pots for $0.99 each when they were on sale. For the price, I did not expect the shadows to have such smooth and blendable formulas. I especially recommend getting the shade cherry moss because it is a beautiful golden brown with green duochrome. However, the matte eyeshadow formulas can be a bit dry and powdery, depending on which shade you get. The shimmery formulas are wonderful, and I find them on par with some of the shimmery shades from Lorac in quality. I find these cs hot pots to be superior to most ds eyeshadow palettes, with the exception of loreal infallible e/s singles and milani bella e/s. If you are on a low-budget and don't want to pay too much for eyeshadows, pick some up and you won't regret it!

I love coastal scents hotpots more than UD naked, so thats saying something.
Yes most matte colors are sucks, powdery, some are not pigmented, some are so hard and cant picked up with brush (specially purple ones)
Thats why i usually choose shimmers.
Satins are not so good either, but after i repress them, they work absolutely fine.
What i like the most is because i can choose my own colors and change how they areanged on my palette (weird thing i like).
And theyre cheap also. So yes! Buy them shimmers!
But maybe skip the mattes.
And if u dont mind extra effort on some satins, buy them too.

on 4/13/2015 4:44:00 AM

I noticed that there aren't many reviews for matte Hot Pots. I have 11 matte Hot Pots and 1 shimmery shade. One light matte (Chamois Nude) and a range of reddish-purplish and brown shadows, plus a shimmery Light Apricot. They're fantastic!

The matte shadows are pigmented BUT there is a bit of a learning curve. They are not buttery soft like Urban Decay eye shadows. Still, they can be blended beautifully -- it just takes a bit more than one quick swirl. This allows for more control over blending. It is easy to build up colour. I think this is because the shadows contain kaolin clay. Kaolin clay increases adhesion. I have an Illamasqua Facets palette that includes a few eye shadows and an eyebrow powder. In that palette, the brow powder has kaolinite in it and it performs differently to the eye shadows. It kind of sticks more. It's the same with the Coastal Scents Hot Pots. It's more noticeable in the mattes.

I do use a primer so I don't know how the shadows would last alone on my oily lids but with primer they last all day unchanged, from 8am to 7pm, when I remove my make up.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wow this has to be the highest rating i've ever given a product! These are so cheap, under $2, and soooo incredibly buttery, creamy, and pigmented. They're so pigmented that you would swear that its a loose pigment rather than a pressed eyeshadow. These blend better than makeupgeek eyeshadows, and i have a bunch of those two, which are 3x the cost :/

Also there are so many colors to choose from which is great. I love the neutrals and coppers--definitely check out "bright copper" and "peachy copper"--soo vibrant, blendable and gorgeous!

on 7/21/2014 9:16:00 PM

Hot pots are fantastic little gems!!!! Highly pigmented, great wearing, and the colour selection is vast. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I have almost every colour.

on 10/3/2013 9:31:00 PM

These separate pot shadows are really great quality! They are about $2 each, and go on sale for $.99 occasionally! You can get your own empty palette and fill it with whatever shadows you choose so it's totally custom. I believe the quality of the "hot pots" which are separate is much better than the pre-made palettes by Coastal Scents.