Coastal Scents Hot Pots (general)

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
No Image

3.5

on 1/1/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These eyeshadow are very similar to morphe single shadows. They are hit and misses. Some are very soft and others are super chalky (burnt umber) They also don't blend well. I don't think I will be repurchasing since the ingredients are not the safest.

on 7/25/2014 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Generally, the more shimmery the color, the better the payoff. Some of these feel like a dream but look frosty and garish on my eyes. That is not to say there aren't some beautiful shades in this range with excellent quality that rival department store products. With 300 separate pans, there are bound to be some hits and misses. I find that these are about on par with good drugstore brands like Nyx and Milani. The most fabulous thing about them is the customizability. I love that these pans are magnetic and I can switch them around and create looks. You get a ton of product for the price, which is normally $1.99 but will go on sale for half off. I don't recommend getting the pre-made palettes unless you can get them deeply discounted. I have 4 of them and there are several colors that overlap. (I got them deeply discounted). You do need to get the empty palettes separately (a 12 pan palette costs $6 and has a nice big mirror). Some of my favorites: Cherry Chocolate, Regalia Purple, Deep Merlot, Mauve, Camel Taupe, Bazaar, Berry Grey, Dark Golden Olive. I don't have enough mattes to recommend any of them.

Video Reviews & Tutorials