Coastal Scents Hot Pots (general)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

So impressed and happy with these! For the price and value, they can't be beat. I wanted matte shadows since I have a lot of shimmers, so I bought: Oatmeal Tan, Persian Peach, Kokomo, Harvest Brown, Oktoberfest, and Tangelo Tint. I recommend all these shades HIGHLY they are the warms browns you see on trend. The blend really well and aren't chalky or powdery. Very very happy with these and am going to buy more!

I love these inexpensive eyeshadows...I have tried many drugstore eyeshadows and a few high end but these are honestly the best. They are inexpensive and are offered in a variety of shades and they blend well and offer lots of pigmentation. I sometimes get tempted to buy new eyeshadow palettes in store but when I swatch them I end up feeling that what I already have in coastal scents hot pots are exactly what I like so I dont feel the need to buy more eyeshadows..I havent bought any other brand shadows for ages.

I made 2 custom palettes from coastal scents with these shadows. I have one for more natural looks and the other filled with brighter shades.

I dont use primer most of the time and I never have problems with creasing or fading with these shadows, but keep in mind that my skin tends to be on the dry side as well and my eyelids are very normal, not oily or anything.

My FAVORITE shade is 'victorian pear'...its the PERFECT nudey dusky pink color to apply all over my lid, I wear it on its own most days when i dont feel like spending a lot of time doing my eyeshadow. I LOVE IT so much!!

on 3/28/2016 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The colors are slightly different from what's on the site. I apply most of my eyeshadow with a flat paintbrush, as I feel it grants a more accurate shape. these do not disappoint, they're high quality, super pigmented, and the variety of shades is INSANE. They work well with each other. I ended up using the sample of Shea butter they gave me as a primer, and it works great as well.

on 8/6/2014 3:13:00 PM

I really like Coastal Scents' hot pot single eyeshadows! There are TONS of colors to choose from, way more than the singles BH Cosmetics offers. They have a good range of textures to choose from as well, & they have everything to rich metallics, everyday neutrals, blending shades, brights, darks, satins, & everything in between! Also, I'm convinced that the eyeshadow they use for the hot pots is different than the eyeshadow in the 88 palettes (or the 120's, 252's, etc. Basically the ones that have tons of colors), it seems to be much better quality. Don't get me wrong, I have the 88 Original palette & I love it & am satisfied with the quality, but I'm just saying that in my experience, I feel that the shadow for the Hot Pots is better. It's cool because they sell the pans of eyeshadow separately, & empty palettes, so you can build your own palette, or if you already have a palette at home & don't need a new one you can save some money & just buy the refills-I believe that they fit into Mac palettes, but am not 100% certain on that-would be easy enough to find out though. A few of my favorites I reach for alot off the top of my head are Wishy-Washy, Steel Grey, Kodiak, & Rainstorm.

on 7/21/2014 9:16:00 PM

Hot pots are fantastic little gems!!!! Highly pigmented, great wearing, and the colour selection is vast. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I have almost every colour.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Highly pigmented, these little beauties come in a wide range of colors and to top it all off they are super cheap. Not even going to lie I love them more than the MAC shadows I spent $12 a piece on! I will definitely be purchasing more

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I know every brand has their hits and misses when it comes to eyeshadow. Whenever I evaluate a brand's eyeshadow, I tend to think about a hit/miss ratio. When a group approaches a 50/50 hit/miss ratio, I start feeling like I wish I hadn't purchased this eyeshadow, because only half of them are any good. Coastal Scents hot pots hit/miss ratio is like 80/20. I swear!

These little gems are vastly unappreciated in my opinion. There's every color that you could possibly ever need to choose from. They have more than 250 colors, I think. They're cheap. They are normally $1.99 each, but right now they are on sale for $0.99 each! You can build your own palette and they stick in z-palettes and other pre-magnetized palettes without any extra gizmos. They are the same size as MAC eyeshadows. Around 8 out of every 10 eyeshadows is smooth, pigmented, and easily blendable. My favorites are the mattes. They have lovely matte neutrals! Their texture reminds me a lot of Inglot, slightly powdery, but still great to work with. I love Hot Pots every bit as much as my MAC, Inglot and Makeup Geek eyeshadows. I find Coastal Scents customer service to be great and the shipping quick, I've never had a problem.

The only downsides to Hot Pots I can think of is that there is so many to choose from it can be overwhelming. Also it's hard to find swatches online, and the pictures on the Coastal Scents website aren't always accurate (although they have gotten better).

Popular Eye Shadows