Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede

Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede

3.7

on 11/11/2017 5:12:00 PM

Not much to say really other than this is my current favourite Jo Malone perfume. It's a floral as many have already stated but I find that the suede aspect takes it from being too girly and cloying, to feminine and classic. You always know you've got a winner when you stash it in its box and spray it on "down days" - i'm actually using up lesser favoured perfumes currently as I don't want to waste this delightful perfume but I will bust it out in spring when I feel it is most appropriate. I also have a love for Pomegranate Noir which is more of a winter smell and Ginger Lily which is a more night time sexy fragrance...but for the most part it's Peony and Blush Suede all the way. Simply gorgeous.

This was one of my first Jo Malone scents that I bought in the 30 ml bottle. When I was at the shop, the sales assistant was very nice and incredibly helpful! she spent 3 hours with me, showing me how to layer a body cream with a cologne, showing me the shower gels and how I can layer scents after using a shower gel in a different scent. There was so many colognes that I wanted to buy but I limited myself to two. I decided to buy the peony blush suede layered with orange blossom for an everyday sophisticated scent, I wore it for a year, using it everyday and I got a lot of compliments, people said it's so unique and when I told them it's Jo Malone they immediately went and bought for themselves as well. Its perfect layered with orange blossom and it's also beautiful just on its own however I bought recently from aqua de Parma their peony perfume and I like that one a lot better then the peony blush suede however the aqua de Parma is more expensive so it was a big splurge for me. I think the peony blush suede is a great scent for autumn and the beginning of winter.

on 6/5/2016 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

There is nothing unique or interesting with this perfume. It reminds me of a typical popular or celebrity type fragrance. There are many similar at the deparment store for a lower price.

Peony & Blush Suede is a strong floral. For Jo Malone, it's strong and long-lasting. I liked the scent when first sprayed, but didn't like the drydown. Upon first spray, it was a light, fresh, and cooling scent - with alot of the apple coming through. However, the fresh scent disappears quickly and leaves a generic heavy musky floral. The scent upon drydown is very heavy, warm, and sweet. It's a strange switch. The scent is also very overpowering - one spray was enough.

Overall, a generic fragrance that doesn't live up to the price point.

Price: $125.00 USD for 3.4oz
Notes:
- Top: red apple.
- Middle: peony.
- Base: suede.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my newest favorite from JM. It has the longest staying power of the JM perfumes I've tried. And even though it's quite long lasting, it's not in the least overpowering. Just a beautiful floral with a bit of an edge, thanks to the blush suede. This is a brilliant year-round scent that's just warm enough for winter but not too heavy for warmer months. I've tried the body creme which is just as lovely and so luxurious. Highly recommended!

on 6/13/2017 9:06:00 AM

This is my favorite Jo Malone scent and I already bought my second bottle. This smells so lovely and lasts whole day.

on 8/16/2017 6:07:00 AM

I bought it as my wedding perfume , in fact i followed saleswomen recommendation and i combined Peony& Blush Sued with Orange blossom . The result ???????? Amazing ,,,,,,,,,
Try it you will not be dissapointed.

on 12/20/2015 11:19:00 AM

I agree with a previous reviewer that this is overpriced for what it is. Others have already described the fragrance; I can only add that to my nose it is a very generic smell that can be found wafting through every department store. Pass.

on 4/19/2016 12:45:00 AM

I have a collection of Jo Malone fragrances (English Pear, Orange Blossom, Nectarine Blossom, Wild Bluebell, Tuberose Angelica) and I must say Peony and Blush Suede is my HANDS DOWN favourite!!

According to Fragrantica, the top note is red apple; middle notes are peony, jasmine, carnation and rose; base note is suede. It smells very pretty and feminine, classy even (my brother and husband pick this when I asked them to choose in the department store)... most importantly, it lasts the whole day!! Unlike other Jo Malone fragrances, I can still smell it on my clothes the following day.

Will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Seems to be overpowering in my own opinion. Something with the floral note that I don't like and makes me nauseated everytime I wear it even with a single spritz. Longevity in me is amazing but I just can't fall in love with the fragrance. Not great for my body chemistry I guess..

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this a couple years ago and pulled it back out of the back of my perfume collection. I think Jo Malone fragrances are ones that people either love or..not love. For me I fall into the latter category. It is just not my cup of tea. It is mainly floral with a slight fresh secondary note. Apple is listed as the top note of this on fragratica.com and I detect apple somewhere in the slight background, but I mainly detect floral/rose with this. And I guess maybe for me the apple and floral scent is just odd and just hits my nose in a weird way. The rose in this for me is predominant and in fairness I am not a fan of rose scented perfumes. The addition of the suede note in this in combination with the other notes just makes this an unpleasant fragrance for me.

I do think this is nice for day time or Springtime, if you like the scent. The floral and fresh notes have that Spring and daytime appeal about them. Although fragrance seems to be anytime anywhere anymore.

The bottle for this is lovely, clean and classy looking.

Just not my cup of tea. But if you like floral fragrances and in particular rose fragrances, I would say give this one a test. It definitely is 'different' and not like anything out there that I can recall.

This also does not last on me, it is gone in 2 hours or less; which I suppose for me is a good thing. The dry-down on me (mind you, I spray and 'walk into' the fragrance, so it gets mainly on my clothes) is also not pleasant for me, it just dries down to (imo) a heavy musky rose.

Would not re-purchase and this is probably going to go to a friend. Which is a shame, because the bottle itself is lovely. I do love the look and simple clean design of the bottle. But the fragrance is just not for me. I never get compliments when I wear this, so that tells me it is not just 'my nose'.

Again, I think Jo Malone fragrances are just either ones people love or..not. Fragrances in general are so personal, but ime it just seems that these fragrances in general are very much love 'em or leave 'em, it seems ime (around here) people either love this or..not.

But to me, when I wear this, it is like a strange battle of the notes. One minute I get a heavy floral note, a few minutes later I get a very subtle fresh note, then a very strong rose note..This is one I don't dare spray directly on my skin because I could see it reacting badly with my body chemistry.

It definitely is 'different' and ime and imo does not even smell like a perfume. I guess it is just that unique and different. But it is just not for me. I also would not wear this in a crowd as I think some of the notes may set off allergies or worse. JMO.

I am sorry for those who love this fragrance, but we all have our own opinions and tastes. This one, great if you love it. It is definitely unique and different.

Popular Fragrances