Paula's Choice RESIST Retinol Skin-Smoothing Body Treatment

Not tested on animals

on 7/11/2017 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Not for my face!!
A reviewer suggested this for the face as a cheaper way to get retinol, but on my face it didn't have a good effect.
It's very emollient, I got deeper lines next to my mouth/nose, and my cheeks and chinline were more sagging.
On my forehead it was ok.
It didn't cause irritation though, so that was good.
It seems like emollient products overnight, cause deeper creases and sagging.
I don't recommend this body product for the face.
I prefer a lighter product. (I used a sample size of the Clinical 1% and that didn't cause the sagging effect.)

I used the rest of the product on my hands.

on 5/11/2017 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

As per the reviews of Hawko, Hibou22 and AsPieCutie, I am using this on my face. I would never have thought to do this on my own. Thank you! I have aging Asian combination skin, tending towards dry, and I am prone to milia and hives. However, I have used retin A, retin A micro and other prescription strength products extensively in the past and historically my skin handles AHA, BHA and Retin A well without extensive purging, redness or peeling.

I've generally stepped away from prescription strength, and I've had some success with using the Pc lineup which I consider reasonably priced (though prices are rising). I still proceed with caution and, if necessary, I buffer with moisturizers. I tend to be overzealous in application; right now I am enjoying being prudent and rotating this separately from PC BHA 2% liquid and 8% glycolic (over select parts of face only) a few times a week. After applying this product, my face is somewhat glowy but not nearly as shiny as when I use BHA 2% liquid. No white cast (NC 30-35) and absorbs easily.

In my case, OTC retinols help with overall texture of skin rather than wrinkles. This product contains cyclopentasiloxane and other ingredients that might be problematic for some users.
If you choose to experiment, my advice is to go very slowly; patch test where appropriate and wear sunscreen. I do not wear retinols during the daytime and I use sunscreen. I also prefer not not to layer products. No noticeable scent. This packaging seems a bit more sturdy than some of her other pumps. In general, I prefer PC line for BHA and AHA, not retinoids, but this cream is an exception.

Note: even OTC retinols may cause some people to purge. Going very slowly into a new product may limit this possibility. if not, you may want to use BHA or AHA (separately, when you are not using retinol) to treat.

on 8/18/2016 10:07:00 AM

I've been using several Paula's Choice products for about 8 years now (the 8% AHA and the 2% BHA gels), but a few years ago I decided to experiment with a few other products. I'm in my mid 40s and I felt like I needed something extra for my neck area. I use this product on my neck, chest and on a few spot areas on my face a few times a week (about every other day, alternating with other products), and I'm happy to say my skin looks much better. I do use spf 30 sunscreen daily, which I also think helps. Paula's Choice prices have gone up, but since I don't use this on my whole body, a bottle lasts me about a year. I'm on my second bottle. The texture is smooth and it sinks in nicely. Her products don't have added scents, but this does have a slight scent from the ingredients. Her air tight packaging are fantastic also.

on 7/23/2016 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used this on my face for light moisturizing since I am very dry. My skin immediately looks better. No clogged my pores (heard that a lot, never know what it means).
I got a rather pleasant tingling sensation upon application that I do not have from other PC's retinol products. Sometimes I layered it on thick as a mask.
The package is truly something to rave about, absolutely sealed container with pump dispenser.
I am already on my 3 jars & will ordered more.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fragrance-free should not mean that your product is allowed to go out into the world smelling like turned dairy, which this product does. A retinol body treatment is a brilliant idea for a product, but unfortunately I cannot attest to this product's efficacy because I couldn't get past the smell.

I received a sample of this product--I'm typically a Paula's Choice fan girl--and smoothed it on my chest and shoulders, where I expect to start seeing the effects of wrinkles and sun damage soon. Gag me the smell was awful! I gave it about an hour to dissipate. When it didn't, I hopped into the shower to wash it off. Too bad.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

At age 25 i started breaking out strangely , i changed my skincare routine , tried so many things nothing worked , until i used acretin ( retin-a ) , it did purged my skin , i had peeling and redness , so decied to try a gentle product and it was this retionl 💛💛 , and yes on my face ! My skin looked much better and less peeling , you can have it less here https://goo.gl/qfTpOR ( -$10 ) and i placed another order , my skin needs this stuff

on 9/25/2015 3:10:00 PM

OK, I use this on my neck, chest and back (where I have a few acne scars that I hope might fade). it's too expensive (tiny bottle!) to use all over unless you're rolling in money... I like it so far, but I haven't really use it long enough to have definite results. certainly the skin on my back feels very smooth since using this for 2 weeks. I will buy it again if can afford it.

on 12/28/2015 9:26:00 PM

Love this stuff -- I use it daily on my shoulders and back (where it prevents break outs) and on my chest, and it lasts for several months.

A lot of reviewers have complained that this product is expensive, and I agree that I wouldn't use this as an all-over body moisturizer. But it actually saves me money because I'm not using my more expensive face products on my chest every day. Most face moisturizers are 1 oz -- this is 4 oz. It's also one of PC's moderate-strength retinols (.1%). For comparison, she sells a retinol serum of the same strength for $40 for 1 oz. So all of the people using this on their face are really smart because on sale it's around $22 for 4 oz.

on 1/22/2015 8:35:00 PM

Even though this is a body cream I use this as my face cream at night without issues. For reference I have combo, somewhat sensitive skin. I've been using OTC retinol creams for years so didn't have any sensitivity issues but if this is your first start out slow a couple times a week and go from there. Also be careful about any facial waxing and I wouldn't layer this over a BHA exfoliant regardless of what the website says.

pros:
-very moisturizing night cream, at least as effective if not more on wrinkles compared to other similar products
-very inexpensive if using it as a face cream
-I believe it has as much, if not more retinol than the other paula's choice creams (except the clinical 1% of course). I asked a rep and they said it's .1% retinol
-great anti-aging ingredients
-no animal testing
-not in a jar so the product remains stable

cons:
-could be too moisturizing for someone with oily skin to use on their face

highly recommend for a great OTC retinol and budget friendly :)

on 4/5/2016 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

While I don't use body lotions on a daily basis, I find this is a great option when I do want to use one. No fragrance so it doesn't clash with my perfume and does a great job of moisturising dry areas without a heavy residue.