Paula's Choice RESIST Retinol Skin-Smoothing Body Treatment

4.1

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fragrance-free should not mean that your product is allowed to go out into the world smelling like turned dairy, which this product does. A retinol body treatment is a brilliant idea for a product, but unfortunately I cannot attest to this product's efficacy because I couldn't get past the smell.

I received a sample of this product--I'm typically a Paula's Choice fan girl--and smoothed it on my chest and shoulders, where I expect to start seeing the effects of wrinkles and sun damage soon. Gag me the smell was awful! I gave it about an hour to dissipate. When it didn't, I hopped into the shower to wash it off. Too bad.

on 8/18/2016 10:07:00 AM

I've been using several Paula's Choice products for about 8 years now (the 8% AHA and the 2% BHA gels), but a few years ago I decided to experiment with a few other products. I'm in my mid 40s and I felt like I needed something extra for my neck area. I use this product on my neck, chest and on a few spot areas on my face a few times a week (about every other day, alternating with other products), and I'm happy to say my skin looks much better. I do use spf 30 sunscreen daily, which I also think helps. Paula's Choice prices have gone up, but since I don't use this on my whole body, a bottle lasts me about a year. I'm on my second bottle. The texture is smooth and it sinks in nicely. Her products don't have added scents, but this does have a slight scent from the ingredients. Her air tight packaging are fantastic also.

on 7/23/2016 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used this on my face for light moisturizing since I am very dry. My skin immediately looks better. No clogged my pores (heard that a lot, never know what it means).
I got a rather pleasant tingling sensation upon application that I do not have from other PC's retinol products. Sometimes I layered it on thick as a mask.
The package is truly something to rave about, absolutely sealed container with pump dispenser.
I am already on my 3 jars & will ordered more.

on 4/5/2016 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

While I don't use body lotions on a daily basis, I find this is a great option when I do want to use one. No fragrance so it doesn't clash with my perfume and does a great job of moisturising dry areas without a heavy residue.

on 12/28/2015 9:26:00 PM

Love this stuff -- I use it daily on my shoulders and back (where it prevents break outs) and on my chest, and it lasts for several months.

A lot of reviewers have complained that this product is expensive, and I agree that I wouldn't use this as an all-over body moisturizer. But it actually saves me money because I'm not using my more expensive face products on my chest every day. Most face moisturizers are 1 oz -- this is 4 oz. It's also one of PC's moderate-strength retinols (.1%). For comparison, she sells a retinol serum of the same strength for $40 for 1 oz. So all of the people using this on their face are really smart because on sale it's around $22 for 4 oz.

on 9/25/2015 3:10:00 PM

OK, I use this on my neck, chest and back (where I have a few acne scars that I hope might fade). it's too expensive (tiny bottle!) to use all over unless you're rolling in money... I like it so far, but I haven't really use it long enough to have definite results. certainly the skin on my back feels very smooth since using this for 2 weeks. I will buy it again if can afford it.

on 1/22/2015 8:35:00 PM

Even though this is a body cream I use this as my face cream at night without issues. For reference I have combo, somewhat sensitive skin. I've been using OTC retinol creams for years so didn't have any sensitivity issues but if this is your first start out slow a couple times a week and go from there. Also be careful about any facial waxing and I wouldn't layer this over a BHA exfoliant regardless of what the website says.

pros:
-very moisturizing night cream, at least as effective if not more on wrinkles compared to other similar products
-very inexpensive if using it as a face cream
-I believe it has as much, if not more retinol than the other paula's choice creams (except the clinical 1% of course). I asked a rep and they said it's .1% retinol
-great anti-aging ingredients
-no animal testing
-not in a jar so the product remains stable

cons:
-could be too moisturizing for someone with oily skin to use on their face

highly recommend for a great OTC retinol and budget friendly :)

on 4/10/2014 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Not very moisturizing. I used it as a hand cream. It only contains four ounces, so it won't last very long if used as a body moisturizer. I had a reaction to the Resist facial products, so I decided to avoid retinol entirely.

on 3/7/2014 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like Mrs. Begoun quite a bit but I had received 4 samples of it and got some good results but mostly poor results. Allow me to explain why:
Maybe mine was old but the first time I put on this lotion it rolled up similiar to a product with titanium dioxide an effect which I abhore. What's really inexcusable about this though is it doesn't have titanium dioxide. In addition to the ingredients there was butylene glycol a controversial chemical but one with a reputation for making smooth application. These two points with the application were flabergasting.
I was in a rush so this went under my sunscreen and makeup and made the blush application streaky and uneven- great.
I would think this might be uncomfortable for someone with oily skin or acne. My skin is combination oily and it felt thick to me. If you have dry patches and it flakes this will make some dryness look exagerated.With all the flaking it can be a chore to wash off because you will wash one part and the flakes will spread to another area for this I recommend using a washcloth. It has a white cast if you are pale no problem but for darker complexions it could look ghastly.
The good thing is this has potentially good ingredients it is very emollient with good spreadability for the emollients I just did not like it.

on 2/15/2014 6:22:00 AM

Love this retinol cream for the body. I use this on my hands, arms, neck and d├ęcolletage and it plumps everything up nicely without being to greasy or heavy. For me this would be too rich for my face but for many others this would be a cheaper way of getting some excellent anti aging ingredients.