MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte - All Fired Up

MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte - All Fired Up
Retro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired Up

4.4

on 11/8/2018 6:16:00 PM

This is one of the most flattering reds I have ever worn in my life! It instantly brightens my face, it's perfect for the summer. The soft hint of lavander makes this perfect for warmed skintones, and doesn't make my teeth look yellow either! It's a win-win for me. Of course, there's the down side: there is no way of wearing this without a lip balm, it's waaay to drying on the lips. If you wear this without a lip balm your lips will turn into the sahaara desert!

on 8/29/2018 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nice color but, just lke Relentlessly Red, it is very close to looking garish on my pale olive complexion - too harsh for me.

This is a fairly recent discovery for me, I only purchased this around 2 months ago but it has become my go-to lipstick. I never want to take it off! It is a gorgeous shade of cool toned medium red with pinky undertones. It flatters my fair skin perfectly and makes my teeth look whiter also, which is always a bonus. It has MAC’s Retro Matte formula, so it is quite dry. However, I simply apply a little lip balm underneath, blot off the shiny residue the balm leaves and then put on the lipstick. This way makes it quite easy to apply. It lasts forever on the lips, and will easily withstand eating and drinking. You can pop it on in the morning and it will look great until evening! When it does fade, it fades evenly and leaves a lovely stain on the lips. I find that if you need to reapply during the day you can do this easy, as the lipstick doesn’t become thick and cakey. I am obsessed with this lippy, I never want to be without it! It is my absolute favourite, I just wish I had discovered it years ago! I believe it would suit a wide variety of skin tones so encourage everyone to check it out!

on 7/10/2017 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this lip color! I pair it with Currant lip liner and give it a slight ombre look. On me it looks like a 80's pink Red.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I hear people describing this as red all the time, but on me it's bright pink- a reddish fuchsia, but still pink, not red. I've always had trouble with bright pinks, which tend to make me look washed out but the reddish undertone means this is one of the few that looks good - it actually pops and lights up my face. Ruby Woo is my HG lipstick for a classic look, but AFU is what I wear when I want something slightly fresher and more poppy.

Texture-wise, this is an easier lipstick to apply than Ruby Woo. Like most MAC mattes, it has phenomenal staying power and fades to a bright stain. The absolute matte-ness of it makes for fantastic pigmentation, but it's absolutely imperative to make sure your lips are moisturised/non-flaky before application, because it WILL cling to the flakes.

All in all, it's a great lipstick and I would much rather have yet another backup of it than waste money on liquid lipsticks which are much worse on the dryness and texture fronts. I feel like for a while there, people were so caught up in that liquid lipstick craze that they forgot lipstick in a bullet could do the job just as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the Taylor Swift lip! When I put it on I just started singing "shake it off"! lol! So I bought this and Ruby woo online. I never buy bright statement lipsticks! I usually wear peachy pinky nudes or darkest velvet teddy and brave. Brave is my HG! I want a more dressed up lip lately getting bored same old thing. I have about half Latin features so I have to be careful about reds or too dark of colors it can make me look awful. Ruby woo was way to bright and loud omg. Awful on me I really don't think it would look good on anyone honestly all the hype over a clown lip? it's not good trust me. This is more of a raspberry type of red..I brighten my face brings of my yellow golden undertone. I cannot wear this on its own though. I paired it with mac cherry lipliner perfect! and Estee lauder pure sculpting gloss in flirtatious magenta..and let me let you it's to die for the most beautiful lushish red lip ever. Keep in mind when you buy this is your like me who can't wear statement lips on everyday basis. You will need some kind of sheen or gloss and liner with this otherwise it's too flat and loud, stands out more way out! I excited to wear this lip going out or on a nice holiday or even maybe in summer but I definitely look way to dressed up to go to the store with this on fyi. So if your on the fence like me buy this for special occasions only with that in mind. Otherwise it will sit your makeup collection forever. So it's worth buying if you have somewhere to wear it and to looks like Taylor Swift lol.

I'm normally into MLBB/nudes so this was a bit of a deviation for me. It was rec'd to me by a friend on fb so I blind bought this off of Maccosmetics .com & I love it. It is a retro matte so it is very dry. I would classify this as a strawberry red (my mom saw it on me & goes "that's really red!!" Um, ok, she wasn't a fan I guess). This is bright without being dark nor vampy/goth. I personally love it for a brighter fun look better than Girl About Town I do love Candy Yum Yum for bright looks & I am hoarding a tube of Viva Glam Nicki but Viva Glam Miley 1 is also good. MAC has so many good shades! This manages to be dry (I rec'd MAC Prep + Prime Lip), but long wearing because it doesn't slide around & isn't emollient but this is 1 of the driest [traditional formula] lipsticks I own. I own a few Retro Mattes & I like the formula. It doesn't feel like I have a heavy coating on my lips. Lasts a long time. <3 #winning

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The others have stated my feelings on this lipstick. Color is gorgeous though not as dramatic on the lips as in the tube. I LOVE the color. But- I'm not a huge make up person and this is too high maintenance for me. Drying, drags.... Not worth the effort of applying other products to make this perfect. I love MAC's Satin line and probably just need to stay there. I will probably give this one away. I've had probably 20 MAC shades and despite loving the shade of this one, it's my least favorite by a landslide :( it pains me to write that.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick looked so good in pictures that I had to order it even though I was dreading the "difficulty" of applying it based on reviews. Well it is gorgeous, and I didn't find it hard to apply at all! I usually exfoliate my lips by gently rubbing them in the shower under water to get rid of flakes anyway, and I always wear lip balm under anything because my lips are always dry. I didn't have to put in any extra effort to making this go on better. It took me maybe 5-6 minutes, if that, to put on and it looks great.

The color is a bright matte pinky red that's just so effortlessly sexy. I've tried pairing it with MAC Cherry lip pencil, and it does make it look redder and deeper. Great combo! But I love wearing it by itself too. I don't feel ready to rock a true red lipstick, so this is a great alternative.

Amazing colour :) Downsides: the formula isn't very creamy so it's a bit hard to apply. Also fairly drying. If you have any flakey/dry skin on your lips at all, this will only make it worse!