MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte - All Fired Up

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte - All Fired Up
Retro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired Up

4.4

on 8/29/2018 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nice color but, just lke Relentlessly Red, it is very close to looking garish on my pale olive complexion - too harsh for me.

This is a fairly recent discovery for me, I only purchased this around 2 months ago but it has become my go-to lipstick. I never want to take it off! It is a gorgeous shade of cool toned medium red with pinky undertones. It flatters my fair skin perfectly and makes my teeth look whiter also, which is always a bonus. It has MAC’s Retro Matte formula, so it is quite dry. However, I simply apply a little lip balm underneath, blot off the shiny residue the balm leaves and then put on the lipstick. This way makes it quite easy to apply. It lasts forever on the lips, and will easily withstand eating and drinking. You can pop it on in the morning and it will look great until evening! When it does fade, it fades evenly and leaves a lovely stain on the lips. I find that if you need to reapply during the day you can do this easy, as the lipstick doesn’t become thick and cakey. I am obsessed with this lippy, I never want to be without it! It is my absolute favourite, I just wish I had discovered it years ago! I believe it would suit a wide variety of skin tones so encourage everyone to check it out!

on 7/10/2017 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this lip color! I pair it with Currant lip liner and give it a slight ombre look. On me it looks like a 80's pink Red.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the Taylor Swift lip! When I put it on I just started singing "shake it off"! lol! So I bought this and Ruby woo online. I never buy bright statement lipsticks! I usually wear peachy pinky nudes or darkest velvet teddy and brave. Brave is my HG! I want a more dressed up lip lately getting bored same old thing. I have about half Latin features so I have to be careful about reds or too dark of colors it can make me look awful. Ruby woo was way to bright and loud omg. Awful on me I really don't think it would look good on anyone honestly all the hype over a clown lip? it's not good trust me. This is more of a raspberry type of red..I brighten my face brings of my yellow golden undertone. I cannot wear this on its own though. I paired it with mac cherry lipliner perfect! and Estee lauder pure sculpting gloss in flirtatious magenta..and let me let you it's to die for the most beautiful lushish red lip ever. Keep in mind when you buy this is your like me who can't wear statement lips on everyday basis. You will need some kind of sheen or gloss and liner with this otherwise it's too flat and loud, stands out more way out! I excited to wear this lip going out or on a nice holiday or even maybe in summer but I definitely look way to dressed up to go to the store with this on fyi. So if your on the fence like me buy this for special occasions only with that in mind. Otherwise it will sit your makeup collection forever. So it's worth buying if you have somewhere to wear it and to looks like Taylor Swift lol.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The others have stated my feelings on this lipstick. Color is gorgeous though not as dramatic on the lips as in the tube. I LOVE the color. But- I'm not a huge make up person and this is too high maintenance for me. Drying, drags.... Not worth the effort of applying other products to make this perfect. I love MAC's Satin line and probably just need to stay there. I will probably give this one away. I've had probably 20 MAC shades and despite loving the shade of this one, it's my least favorite by a landslide :( it pains me to write that.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick looked so good in pictures that I had to order it even though I was dreading the "difficulty" of applying it based on reviews. Well it is gorgeous, and I didn't find it hard to apply at all! I usually exfoliate my lips by gently rubbing them in the shower under water to get rid of flakes anyway, and I always wear lip balm under anything because my lips are always dry. I didn't have to put in any extra effort to making this go on better. It took me maybe 5-6 minutes, if that, to put on and it looks great.

The color is a bright matte pinky red that's just so effortlessly sexy. I've tried pairing it with MAC Cherry lip pencil, and it does make it look redder and deeper. Great combo! But I love wearing it by itself too. I don't feel ready to rock a true red lipstick, so this is a great alternative.

on 10/9/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

For a nude lover like myself, this is extremely out of my comfort zone, yet I'm obsessed with how this lipstick just brightens up my face. It is a bright pinky red that gives such a beautiful velvetty matte finish. Be careful, this is super drying as all retro matte finishes are, but if you exfoliate, let a lip balm sink into your lips for a couple minutes and then apply, you should be all set. The fact that its long wearing, gives off such a beautiful matte finish & its ability to brighten up my face is enough justification to continue to purchase this lipstick as long as it's available. I'm an NC30 from Mac for reference, but I haven't seen this color be unflattering to anyone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shade is literally never in stock, because everyone seems to be obsessed with it and now that I own my tube of it - I totally justify the hype.

All Fired Up is a beautiful, deep berry red colour that has a retro matte finish. This means that it is drier than a matte and a bit difficult to apply. You certainly need to prep your lips beforehand for a flawless lipstick application.

It does however last all day long and survive all the drinking and eating. It doesn't smudge and has got that velvety-smooth look to it. Absolutely divine! If you like your reds a bit blue-ish and berry in colour - try this lipstick!

For swatches and more info on other best selling MAC lipsticks use the link below. Hope it helps deciding!

on 6/28/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this from my sister(didn't go well with her skin tone). At first I didn't like it so much because it just made my lips look rough and loud but then I started mouturising my lips properly that helped a lot as it's super drying. Then the colour, it can be a bit Loud and overwhelming - it's a cross between ruby woo and flat out fabulous(it's like a reddish pink). If you're a bit conservative ensure you line it with a brown lip liner and fall in love with your lips!

on 6/15/2015 7:13:00 PM

Returning this. It's dry, and as a retro matte I expected that. Unfortunately even after applying with a brush, blotting, all that, the second I purse my lips, the inner lipstick comes off. This is immediate. Disappointed.