MAC Retro Matte - All Fired Up

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Retro Matte - All Fired Up
Retro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired Up

4.6

on 6/28/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this from my sister(didn't go well with her skin tone). At first I didn't like it so much because it just made my lips look rough and loud but then I started mouturising my lips properly that helped a lot as it's super drying. Then the colour, it can be a bit Loud and overwhelming - it's a cross between ruby woo and flat out fabulous(it's like a reddish pink). If you're a bit conservative ensure you line it with a brown lip liner and fall in love with your lips!

on 2/21/2015 10:03:00 PM

This is the only red I wear. The only downside is it clings to dryness. I exfoliate well and put on Chapstick before applying. Gorgeous color with my pale skin and dark hair. In love with the color and matte finish.

on 1/16/2015 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the colour of this lipstick. It's quite bright so I would only wear it on a night out personally but it's very eye catching.

It's quite matte so like previous reviews, I'd definitely recommend some sort of conditioning of the lips prior to putting it on but it lasts hours and is very glam!

on 4/18/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Picked up this shade from the Retro Matte line despite my fear of mattes and bright colors at my age. I purchased Flat Out Fabulous a few days ago and really love it so I took the plunge with another one.

It's fuchsia and pulls reddish-pink or a pinkish-red depending on your skin tone and the lip liner you pair it with. I picked the Pro Longwear liner in "Trust in Red" and it tones down to a pinky red on my lips. Had I picked "Dynamo" the pinker tones would have been emphasized and it would have been more of a hot pink.

As with most Mac lipsticks this is high quality with less tug than you'd expect from a matte lipstick. The wear is great even when paired with a gloss. Blends well with the liner. Not drying on my lips but I exfoliate and moisturize them religiously so I wouldn't expect that to be an issue with most lipsticks. I did not try it with a balm first. Would definitely recommend to anyone who likes bright matte lipsticks.

on 11/8/2013 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Fabulous color! it is a NARs Dragon Girl but with a much smoother delivery and that little itty bitty pink undertone which makes it just about perfect.

love the retro matte's texture-- buttery and to me, non drying (I still use a balm underneath). Love the long wear and smooth feeling.

I can't find anything to criticize this gorgeous lippie.

I got all the colors except the darkest FOD (and only because I find it so dupeable with many similar in my stash).