MAC Retro Matte - All Fired Up

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Retro Matte - All Fired Up
Retro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired Up

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I hear people describing this as red all the time, but on me it's bright pink- a reddish fuchsia, but still pink, not red. I've always had trouble with bright pinks, which tend to make me look washed out but the reddish undertone means this is one of the few that looks good - it actually pops and lights up my face. Ruby Woo is my HG lipstick for a classic look, but AFU is what I wear when I want something slightly fresher and more poppy.

Texture-wise, this is an easier lipstick to apply than Ruby Woo. Like most MAC mattes, it has phenomenal staying power and fades to a bright stain. The absolute matte-ness of it makes for fantastic pigmentation, but it's absolutely imperative to make sure your lips are moisturised/non-flaky before application, because it WILL cling to the flakes.

All in all, it's a great lipstick and I would much rather have yet another backup of it than waste money on liquid lipsticks which are much worse on the dryness and texture fronts. I feel like for a while there, people were so caught up in that liquid lipstick craze that they forgot lipstick in a bullet could do the job just as well.

on 10/9/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

For a nude lover like myself, this is extremely out of my comfort zone, yet I'm obsessed with how this lipstick just brightens up my face. It is a bright pinky red that gives such a beautiful velvetty matte finish. Be careful, this is super drying as all retro matte finishes are, but if you exfoliate, let a lip balm sink into your lips for a couple minutes and then apply, you should be all set. The fact that its long wearing, gives off such a beautiful matte finish & its ability to brighten up my face is enough justification to continue to purchase this lipstick as long as it's available. I'm an NC30 from Mac for reference, but I haven't seen this color be unflattering to anyone.

This shade is literally never in stock, because everyone seems to be obsessed with it and now that I own my tube of it - I totally justify the hype.

All Fired Up is a beautiful, deep berry red colour that has a retro matte finish. This means that it is drier than a matte and a bit difficult to apply. You certainly need to prep your lips beforehand for a flawless lipstick application.

It does however last all day long and survive all the drinking and eating. It doesn't smudge and has got that velvety-smooth look to it. Absolutely divine! If you like your reds a bit blue-ish and berry in colour - try this lipstick!

For swatches and more info on other best selling MAC lipsticks use the link below. Hope it helps deciding!