MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte - All Fired Up

Filtered by skin tone : Other
MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte - All Fired Up
Retro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired Up

4.5

I'm normally into MLBB/nudes so this was a bit of a deviation for me. It was rec'd to me by a friend on fb so I blind bought this off of Maccosmetics .com & I love it. It is a retro matte so it is very dry. I would classify this as a strawberry red (my mom saw it on me & goes "that's really red!!" Um, ok, she wasn't a fan I guess). This is bright without being dark nor vampy/goth. I personally love it for a brighter fun look better than Girl About Town I do love Candy Yum Yum for bright looks & I am hoarding a tube of Viva Glam Nicki but Viva Glam Miley 1 is also good. MAC has so many good shades! This manages to be dry (I rec'd MAC Prep + Prime Lip), but long wearing because it doesn't slide around & isn't emollient but this is 1 of the driest [traditional formula] lipsticks I own. I own a few Retro Mattes & I like the formula. It doesn't feel like I have a heavy coating on my lips. Lasts a long time. <3 #winning

Amazing colour :) Downsides: the formula isn't very creamy so it's a bit hard to apply. Also fairly drying. If you have any flakey/dry skin on your lips at all, this will only make it worse!

Such a beautiful watermelon red shade! I love it so much.

It looks kind of pink in the tube, but don't let that fool you. It's much more red and intense when you put it on. You could even probably get away with using a red liner if you don't have a matching liner.

In terms of texture, it is a DRY matte. A bit difficult to put on, but quite long-lasting once you do.

on 2/21/2015 10:03:00 PM

This is the only red I wear. The only downside is it clings to dryness. I exfoliate well and put on Chapstick before applying. Gorgeous color with my pale skin and dark hair. In love with the color and matte finish.