MAC Retro Matte - All Fired Up

Filtered by age: 19-24
MAC Retro Matte - All Fired Up
Retro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired Up

4.6

on 10/9/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

For a nude lover like myself, this is extremely out of my comfort zone, yet I'm obsessed with how this lipstick just brightens up my face. It is a bright pinky red that gives such a beautiful velvetty matte finish. Be careful, this is super drying as all retro matte finishes are, but if you exfoliate, let a lip balm sink into your lips for a couple minutes and then apply, you should be all set. The fact that its long wearing, gives off such a beautiful matte finish & its ability to brighten up my face is enough justification to continue to purchase this lipstick as long as it's available. I'm an NC30 from Mac for reference, but I haven't seen this color be unflattering to anyone.

This shade is literally never in stock, because everyone seems to be obsessed with it and now that I own my tube of it - I totally justify the hype.

All Fired Up is a beautiful, deep berry red colour that has a retro matte finish. This means that it is drier than a matte and a bit difficult to apply. You certainly need to prep your lips beforehand for a flawless lipstick application.

It does however last all day long and survive all the drinking and eating. It doesn't smudge and has got that velvety-smooth look to it. Absolutely divine! If you like your reds a bit blue-ish and berry in colour - try this lipstick!

For swatches and more info on other best selling MAC lipsticks use the link below. Hope it helps deciding!

I'm in love with this shade it's a more red / pink. I never wear pink so this was a perfect find for me with just a tad bit of a vibrant Pink. The retro matte formula is my favourite as long as your moisturizing your lips. I great colour to finish off a natural makeup for a nice pop

on 6/28/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this from my sister(didn't go well with her skin tone). At first I didn't like it so much because it just made my lips look rough and loud but then I started mouturising my lips properly that helped a lot as it's super drying. Then the colour, it can be a bit Loud and overwhelming - it's a cross between ruby woo and flat out fabulous(it's like a reddish pink). If you're a bit conservative ensure you line it with a brown lip liner and fall in love with your lips!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The MAC website describes All Fired Up as a 'bright fuschia matte' however that would depend on your skin tone and the pigmentation of your lips. On me, it's a deep yet bright dark pink. It doesn't look red on me at all. The finish is a 'retro matte', it takes a few swipes to get it on your lips and the colour pay off is highly pigmented and intense. It seems like a dry formula however it doesn't feel dry or heavy on my lips, and doesn't settle into the lines. It is a very beautiful shade, and would suit a variety of different skin tones.
A very good dupe for it is the KIKO Rock Idol Lipstick in Rossetto 06, they look practically the same on me. I love having both, as the familiar vanilla scent of the MAC lipsticks is just lovely.

on 1/26/2015 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Many people claim that retro mattes dry your lips out much more than regular matte lipsticks. However, this wasn't my experience. I found it to be a quite comfortable wear that last well for about 6 hours. The color is kind of like a starwberry red and I love it!! Becuase I had already given too much of money to Mac and so I decided to pair it with a the wet and wild fuschia lip liner and think it marched pretty well. I love the warm undertones of all fired up. Most fuschia lip sticks tend to have cooler undertones so I was delighted when I came across all fired up. I definetly reccomend this product to others!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Bought this about 3 months ago and I love this lipstick! I have been grabbing this lipstick if I am in the mood of a bright lip colour. This can be drying if you do not have any lip product underneath to hydrate the lips.

Since it is a retro matte formula, this colour lasts the whole day. I would only have to re-apply once mid day if I need to extend my day from morning to night. Had no problems with this lipstick smudging too.

Sometimes even with a lip balm, my lips do get cracked by the end of the day. I recently found 1 product which I paired with this lipstick and it DID NOT crack my lips at all! I pair this together with Dior's Lip Maximizer and my lips was plump and smooth throughout the day.

Highly recommend this lip colour as it would match all skin tones! Would repurchase if I ever lost this lipstick

on 7/22/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

The first lipstick from Mac that I own and I am hooked! The formula is great. Lasts long, doesn't dry out my lips, super pigmented, the colour is an instant eye catch, but not overwhelmingly bright. Just perfection! I want more of their lip colours now!

Very very pretty colour. Stands out from all the fuschia's that I own. Might be too loud on fairer skin tones but is just right on my NC42 skin.

on 2/23/2014 10:56:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When the Retro Matte collection came out, I was already too late to order. Since then I was searching for the whole collection, but they're still sold out on the MAC website. Last friday I went to the city and as usual I needed to stop at the MAC counter, I looked at the lipstick display and I saw three ones of this collection. I ended up buying all three. My first impression was fantastic, they last very very long so huge plus!