Rimmel ScandalEyes Curve Alert

Rimmel ScandalEyes Curve Alert

3.3

Rimmel London mascaras were my favorite for a really long time and people would always comment on my lashes but in the last few years I have found when i purchase any of them they are consistently clumpier, which I can't stand. Other than that problem, I do still find they look good especially for the price and convenience. I will try another one soon, but I may stop soon.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down best mascara I have ever used. Obsessed with this one!

on 9/14/2016 12:50:00 AM

Terrible, clumpy mess.

on 3/24/2016 1:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite drugstore mascara! The formula is perfect for me...not too wet and not too dry. I don't have to worry about blinking and having wet mascara smudged up on my browbone or under my lower lashes. It also doesn't flake off during the day. What I put on in the morning is what I wash off at night, which is also easy to do! I've never had a problem getting it off, no matter what kind of makeup remover I use. The wand is rather daunting because it is large with so many bristles, but I found that it fits the curve of my eye perfectly. It gives me great volume and length with just one coat. It doesn't get clumpy unless I try to apply a second coat, but I never need to! I cannot attest to the curl-factor because my lashes already have a decent curl. I don't really notice a difference in my curl, but I also don't really care about that, so I don't pay attention! :) I have bought several tubes of this and always buy extra when I see 2 in 1 packages!

on 11/18/2015 10:36:00 AM

I love rimmel mascara seriously. I use this as a final coat to give a little more volume to my lashes and it always pulls through for me. I love the huge applicator. I would buy over and over again

on 11/13/2015 2:12:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Not to bad. Bought it on sale to try it out. Probably would not repurchase though.

I have pretty average lashes. This seemed to make them look clumpy and spidery after just one coat. I even wiped off excess of the brush. I went back in with l'oreal telescopic and that seemed to help a bit but if i have to use one mascara to make another mascara work, then it's a no-go for me.

Me being the mascara fiend I can be,
I saw a two pack of this mascara in Walgreens for $5 so of course I had to pick it up.

The tube is quite large and orange and black. The name "curve alert" intrigued me the most, since I'm always looking for a lengthening, volumizing mascara that will also hold it's curl.

The applicator is a very large traditional bristle brush. The thing is COVERED in bristles. It's a pretty good applicator, but it is very big and it's hard to get the more difficult to reach lashes.

The formula is wet. I'm not a huge fan of wet mascaras, because they usually don't HOLD THEIR CURL *ahem* and they can smudge more easily than drier formulas. This one though, holds curl pretty dang well for a wet formula.

Adds volume, considerable length, and holds curl pretty well. It's better when layered with other mascaras. Smudges easily, but not a pain to clean up. Worth the $5 for two.

I bought this forever ago, but it stands out in my memory for all the wrong reasons.
I'm surprised I bought it in the first place, since the package is so hideous and Halloween-like. The brush is ridiculously big and was hard to use without smearing it everywhere or poking myself in the eye. I found the formula very wet, it felt heavy and did not do anything very positive for my lashes. They stuck together and did not look very long or full.
It was quite cheap, but there are lots of great drugstore mascaras you can get for around the same price. Definitely would not buy again or recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Was on a mascara hunt and picked this up for pretty cheap. My lashes are short and sparse so good volume is a must with mascaras. I don't mind this mascara too much but I do dislike the formula. Extremely clumpy! I also prefer plastic/rubber bristled wands so this mascara was meh. The wand was too big to reach and grab all my lashes, didn't provide separation. However if you do like the spider lash look- you will enjoy this mascara. Didn't flake or smudge but I have tried better...