Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 02 Rose Bronze

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 02 Rose Bronze
Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 02 Rose BronzeJoues Contraste Powder Blush in 02 Rose BronzeRose Bronze

4.6

on 11/1/2017 2:48:00 PM

Pros:
Lovely packaging
Great scent
Gorgeous colour

Cons:
None

on 10/27/2017 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been wearing this blush for over two years and it is my favorite out of all the blushes I've ever owned. It just has something I can't quite describe. It somehow makes me look radiant, awake, glowy and polished but doesn't sink into my problematic cheek pores. It's better than my beloved Tarte Cargo, better than Nars Orgasm...really remarkable.

on 6/24/2017 7:34:00 AM

Perfect for the summer. It looks like light super sweat bronzer on your cheeks. Love it.

on 2/11/2013 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am really on the fence with this color. On my fair skin, it looks like a flush of rose. I don't see any bronze in it at all. I was sure I could find a dupe for it and, in fact, thought that my Laura Mercier Wild Bouquet blush was similar. But this Chanel blush just has something else. I don't know for sure what that something else is. It seems to have some sort of soft luminescense to it that lights my face up, but not in a glittery sparkly way.

Almost disappointed that it is so unique because I was thinking about returning it. It just seems to be such a similar shade to blushers I already own. But there is just that something extra I can't put my finger on. Whatever it is, it is unique and probably the reason Chanel blushers are so darn expensive...

Edit: Had to exchange this. I think there is a perfume or something in Chanel blushers that isn't agreeing with my skin. Also, had to work at getting it to look right. For $40+ I shouldn't have to work so hard at making it look good.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Chanel Rose Bronze is one of my favorite blushes of all time. I own several blushes (probably close to 100) and I don't have any dupes for Rose Bronze. Although I can't really locate the "bronze" in this blush, it's the most absolute prettiest every day natural pink that will leave your cheeks glowing. You can wear it all year round and it looks fabulous with muted makeup looks as well as more intense makeup looks. It's a blush that doesn't need much work to look perfect and it's a blush I can always rely on -- when I feel conflicted and don't know which blush to wear, I always grab Rose Bronze.

on 6/12/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love the formula of these blushes - so finely milled, that subtle glow, the way they just sink in and look like your skin rather than some product sitting on top of it.
This was the first of the JC's I tried and purchased (won't be the last!), and I loved it at first. However, I notice it gets a little orange on me as the day goes on. Nothing horrible, but something I'd rather avoid. I now reserve this for summer, when I am a little more tan and warmer toned, when I find it looks better.
These blushes are amazing, and I highly recommend them, even though I wouldn't re-purchase this particular shade. They are worth the price - particularly if you are a little older and want to look natural, yet totally fantastic. The way they just blend right in and light your face up without being too bright or too glittery - priceless!

on 4/25/2012 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This blush is beautiful all I can say is soft pretty and glowy on my Mac NW45 complexion. I got soo many com,compliments and at 1st glance I was thinking it was going to be too light, but I find that the opposite shades as opposed to the textbook shades look amazing on me.

on 4/1/2012 1:37:00 PM

I hated to pay the price for this, but it looked like a natural bronze!! I love the color!! I put some on at the counter, later someone asked what bronzer did I have on, because it looked natural. Well, needless to say, I ran and purchased it!!

In my opinion Chanel makes fantastic blushes! I love this one - it is like a cross of my favorite blush (Armani 5) and the infamous Nars Orgasm. I do have to be careful not overdoing it or my cheeks look iredescent.

on 9/20/2010 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I'm reviewing this blush because it reads differently on me than it does on *almost* everyone else who's reviewed it.
First off, my coloring is NC20 & I use Chanel Teint Innocence fluid in Cameo. This is a rather yellow/golden foundation, and that sometimes alters the appearance of things that I put on top of it. I think this blush is one of those things. Due to the already-yellow tone of my skin (post foundation) I see no bronze or golden tones in this blush. I guess the foundation cancels it. It reads as a slightly warm rose/pink. It is highly pigmented, so I just dust a skunk brush lightly across the dome for plenty of color.

Also, the coveted Chanel JC gleam that *I* get from this is a fabulous icy pink iridescence, which was mentioned by a reviewer (nLkky) back in '07. This only appears when the light hits you just right, but the effect is unusual because it's a cool-toned pink gleam on top of a slightly warm pink blush. Hey, I'm no blush expert (by any stretch) but I think a blush that reads cool or warm, depending on the lighting, is rather unique.
I like this item quite a bit & would purchase again. For me, the subtle, ethereal, icy pink gleam is what sets it apart nicely.