CLINIQUE anti blemish solutions spot treatment gel

No Image

2.8

on 12/6/2018 9:21:00 AM

This stuff is AMAZING! I’ve been using it as an all over face cream and the occasional spot treatment as part of my nightly routine and it works wonders. I’m writing this review because of a recent pimple it saved me from and I’m surprised how quickly it took care of it! I didn’t cleanse with Clinique for a couple of nights because I couldn’t get to the store and had a small breakout, including one horrible cyst on my chin. It was about the size of a dime, very deep beneath the skin, and hard to the touch. I had no idea how to resolve it so I cleansed normally and applied this gel to it and hoped for the best. In the morning it had shrunk excessively and was no longer red or painful! In ONE night! All in all it only took 3 nights to completely clear it and there’s no redness or scarring left over! This stuff really is a miracle worker!

My one caution is that it can be extremely drying if you don’t have oily skin or use a top notch moisturizer (I used Clinique moisture surge). This item is a must have staple in my cleansing routine!

on 5/24/2018 5:17:00 PM

I bought this gel as it was rated no1 in all the magazines for acne killing. I found if it was used overnight it did reduce swelling of spots but was incredibly drying on my skin. Used it for over a month now and whilst I see minimal improvement, I wouldn’t pay £25 for it again. Back to the drawing board.

on 2/7/2016 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product did not work for me. It did absolutely nothing for my blemishes and it irritated my eyes extremely. This is an issue I have with almost all clinique products.
This gel felt refreshing on the skin but did nothing to my blemishes. Spot size was not reduced, redness was not reduced and new breakouts were not prevented. It did nothing at all.
I would not recommend this product to anyone.

on 5/13/2014 2:08:00 AM

Now on my second bottle of the gel and I love it! I previously was using mario badascu drying lotion but it was too drying to the point that my skin was flaking (FYI - I went through 7 bottles of drying lotion and it IS a godsend). This gel is lightweight and disappears almost instantly ( just don't overload your pimples with it). It is more of a gentle type of acne treatment and took me a couple days to notice a difference. I apply it in the morning under makeup and then in the evening. For me it works better on those tiny pimples then the underground ones but it has definitely helped in both cases. Will be repurchasing when I run out.

on 9/30/2013 1:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a clear gel that comes in a 15 ml (0.5fl oz) plastic bottle. You can squeeze the product out like a tube so it's easy to control the amount you get.
It contains salicylic acid. It did absolutely nothing for me, so I consider it a waste of money. Doesn't diminish or even dry out blemishes a little bit. Doesn't reduce redness either(it claims that it does). But maybe my skin just doesn't like salicylic acid. Or maybe the concentration of the acid is too low in the product.
If you find that you get good results from salicylic acid products, this may work for you. I personally find the whole anti blemish solutions line to be useless.
Still pricy for the amount of product. Also, I think higher concentration salicylic acid products should be available for a lower price.