Chapstick Hydration Lock Vanilla Creme with CoQ10

Chapstick Hydration Lock Vanilla Creme with CoQ10

3.8

on 1/4/2016 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

8-hour moisture? What, do you have to use the entire tube to get this? This is the first Chapstick item I purchased since I was a teen. Back then, Chapstick was just a solid wax stick that tore my poor chapped lips and made them bleed. Thank goodness I discovered Blistex ointment and balm, cause I have used that brand for years. To be more specific, I put a rather heavy coat of this Chapstick on before typing this review -- don't know how, it just disappears.,

on 12/25/2014 2:22:00 PM

I reallly like this stuff. It leaves a whitish tint to your lips but it doesnt look gross, just like a color lip balm. I have highly pigmented natural red lips and this made them look more like neutral nude. It does make the lips appear fuller and hydration does last quite a while. Not a full 8 hours but I still really like this and think its a great product for the price.

on 12/9/2014 2:18:00 AM

It's moisturizing and affordable. This doesn't smell like vanilla. It smells similar to chapstick's cake batter but more moisturizing. I use this at night most of the time.

on 9/20/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the best lip balm I have ever use...ever. and I am 51 years old, so I have tried many. I use lip balm only before going to bed at night, not alone during the day or under lipstick. During the years I have bought so many expensive products, more than $25 for one lipbalm or liptreatment and nothing better than this one. I have tried other Chapsticks and I hated them. I got this one on Birchbox and tried it, thinking I was going to throw it away. But it was very good. I like the subtle fragance, I like how soft my lips are next day. I am using my second one and saving a lot of money.

on 9/13/2014 2:13:00 PM

Moisturizes nicely, long-lasting, pleasant scent and flavor. But it leaves a very slight white cast on the lips. Decent product overall, but with so many options out there I wouldn't buy this again.

Well better than the original Chapstick. This one feels much better on the lips. Not waxy just smooth. I wish it smelled more like vanilla though this just smells almost like a plastic if u know what I mean. Great before bedtime and despite the lack of a vanilla scent I would buy again. Update: actually the more I use this stuff the more I like it. Iam a avid lip balm collector and must say luv this stuff for the price! The smell got better after I used it a few times and works great a bedtime and under my Chanel lipsticks!!! Not waxy or cakey! Much better IMO than Eos ( which I hate) or Burt's!!! Yup will be going to buy more!

on 4/30/2014 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this from birchbox. I keep it only because I always lose my lip balm so it's a back up to have. Key word is back up. I do not like this. It leaves a weird film on my lips. I suppose it would be ok if I put something else (lipstick) over it, but I would never wear this alone and out in the public.
I got the Vanilla Creme one. I'm not sure if there/how many other "flavors" this has but this vanilla one is scented weird. It's more creme-y than vanilla for sure.

Don't waste your money on this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really like this!! Wish the Vanilla Cremé flavor was a bit stronger, but this is very moisturizing. It doesn't taste/feel medicinal. I do think that Chapstick (& lipbalms in general esp Carmex, HELLO Carmex yes!!) produce a certain addiction/dependence of your lips on them once you get using them in a chronic manner but maybe that's just a wives tale...it just is that speaking from my own experience, it is like if I don't use lipbalms (esp after wearing lipgloss or lipstick that day), that if I skip even one night, I get a rebound dryer lips effect... They peel, sting, feel dry, just feel gross really without lipbalm or even simply Vaseline. I normally have my lips coated either in lipgloss/lipstick if not then I have on a lipbalm, not just a habit, more like a necessity!! My lips are naturally dry, I don't lick them, but I am lost without my lipbalms. I wonder what's the magic ingredient in lipbalms that makes them like crack for lips?!!! :\

on 1/11/2014 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This isn't anything to get excited about. It feels pretty good but wears right off, just like any other chapstick.

I can't use most chapstick because I have an allergic reaction to them that blisters my lips. However, I can use this one and I actually REALLY like it! It does make my dry lips feel softer and moisturized. I don't think it gives 8 hours of moisture, but for at least 3-4 my lips do feel moisturized. Don't buy into any plumping claims because that is non-existent. It is actually a bit pricey for chapstick, but since it's works, it's worth it. Yes, I will repurchase! Oh one more thing, they say it's vanilla crème scent, but honestly I never smell anything. Maybe it's my nose, but it certainly isn't an overpowering scent.