Giorgio Armani Si

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a very classy perfume, I find it to be a sweet floral with a slightly fruity undertone. The top notes are quite a sharp flowery scent on me, but quickly settle into a sweeter, floral fragrance. I like the fruity notes, but on my skin the floral notes are well and truly at the forefront of this perfume. Whilst this may be a positive for some, for me the fragrance is a bit too florally for me to enjoy. I wouldn't wear this everyday, I would wear it for a formal event where I want to feel mature and classy. This would be perfect for lovers of floral perfumes and those wanting a mature and classic perfume. It has good lasting power, lasting all day on me and even longer on my clothes. A little goes a long way as it can become overpowering quite quickly. A nice fragrance, but not the one for me.

Top Notes: Cassis.
Heart Notes: Freesia, May Rose.
Base Notes: Vanilla, Patchouli, Ambroxan, Woody Notes.

(Notes from Fragrantica)

One of my favorite fragrances!

I'm obsessed with the scent. I've been loving this fragrance ever since it came out. The scent isn't that strong - it won't give me a headache - but strong enough to leave a nice trail in the air as I walk around. The staying power is great - I apply it in the morning before leaving the house and if I don't shower in the evening, I'll wake up the next morning still smelling nice - and so will my whole bed!

The price is, well, normal for the Armani brand. The packaging is what I don't really dig - it could definitely be way prettier and elegant, but it is what it is.

Repurchase? Yes, if I can afford it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am always amazed at how differently perfumes will work based on your personal chemistry.

On me, this smells like cat pee. Or if you'd prefer a less offensive way of explaining it, a Boxwood shrub. Either way, this does not work for me. Test this out before you buy - glad mine was a sample.

And yes, it did last all day - funny how the scents you don't care for can linger on and on and on....

Love this perfume; it has so many layers! Starts with sweet, fruity top notes, and turns into a complex vanilla scent. I'm in college and it's not too mature!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

An elegant perfume best suited for women over 30. I'm a professional woman and have been searching for a good office/daytime scent that is sophisticated and doesn't smell like citrus. Si is perfect. It's soft and subtly sexy, but still appropriate for work. My boyfriend loves it also, and he's fussy.

Another daytime favorite of mine is the original Bottega Veneta, which is a refined, musky leather scent. I'm an American, but these scents smell more European, which I prefer. Young women who like very sweet, vanilla scents will probably not like either of these perfumes.

I was given a sample of this by a pushy sales associate at Macy's when I was trying to buy my sister a perfume as a gift. She said Si was one of their best sellers. I really did expect to like this; fruitchoulis and sweet patchouli blends are among my most recent favorites. My longtime love, Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noire, is such a blend, as are my new favorites, DKNY MyNY by Donna Karan and Jimmy Choo's perfume in the grenade-shaped bottle.

Unfortunately, something went wrong here. All I get is overpoweringly sweet berry and a very harsh, synthetic patchouli. Dear god, why must all modern fragrances include this synthetic berry note? Celebrity perfumes and Bath & Body Works/Victoria's Secret are most prone to this, but now it's showing up in designer and old standard perfume houses too. The patchouli here is also badly done; instead of the warm, earthy patchouli as seen in DKNY MyNY, we get the synthetic stuff that hippies loved in the 70s.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top Notes: Sicilian bergamot, Mandarin, Blackcurrant liqueur

Heart Notes: Rose de Mai, Neroli, Egyptian jasmine, Freesia

Base notes: Patchouli, Woods, Amber, Orcanox, Vanilla

If you like gourmands but think they are a little less mature and sophisticated than you would prefer, try this. If you are interested in gourmands but are not used to them, this is a great option as well.

I would also recommend this to someone who wants to step away from gourmands but doesn't want to take the plunge into other types of fragrances just yet.

Basically, this is a stepping stone between a vanilla gourmand and a floral fragrance.

This is safe for work or school, as it is very inoffensive and doesn't stray too far from the mainstream.

It's great for a nurturing type of soul who likes sweets, animals and babies, and who cares about other people's feelings. It might sound silly, but this perfume is meant for a traditionally feminine woman or girl, so someone who enjoys black nail polish and purple hair would find this perfume to be too boring.

I could see both a college freshman and a grandmother enjoy this perfume, as it's so versatile and appealing.

It's in the same vein as La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb, and stands on its own two feet as a vanilla fragrance. I get no patchouli in this, which is good because the standout star in this frag is indeed the vanilla, which puts it in line with the other sweet scents in the same category.

I own more than 40 fragrances and this is the one that garners the most compliments from those around me (major man magnet too...try it out and see for yourself). It's sweet but also chic and versatile, can be worn from day to night, and will suit many different occasions (office, evening, dinner, dates, nights out and about, etc). Si may be too mature for teens, but it's perfect for women in their 20's. It's also sophisticated enough for women in their 30's, 40's and beyond, and those who enjoy sweet smells but don't want to smell juvenile or like straight up candy.

It's in the same fragrance family as Lancome's La Vie Est Belle and V&R's Flowerbomb, but this one has a crisp and slightly sharp green element to it that makes it less cloyingly sweet, and easier to wear than either of those two. This 'crisp/green' nuance in Si makes it quite distinctive, saving it from being just another Flowerbomb/LVEB smell-alike (off-topic: if you do want a cheaper alternative to Flowerbomb, check out Aquolina's 'Pink Sugar Sparks').

Anyways...this is my signature scent for fall and winter. It also wears well in spring and on breezy summer nights. If you're looking for a 'cleaner', crisper and more versatile alternative to La Vie Est Belle (which I personally cannot wear...too loud, too 'frilly girly', too much), then try Si. If you love sweet scents but still want to be taken seriously, try Si. It lasts a whole day on me without needing touch-ups and the scent could fill a whole room if you spray on too much (careful with that! two sprays is good enough for daytime...add another 2-3 sprays for night-time if you want all eyes on you). I will always repurchase, and I hope it never gets discontinued.

I'm surprised to see so many negative reviews of this. There are a million and a half spawn of Flowerbomb and I have no interest in trying most of them anymore--Flowerbomb is perfect as it is for me and it has that special something that has made me reach for it again over the years. The reason I am reviewing Si is because I stumbled over it and it took me by surprise. I got a little sample spray vial in a Sephora order, used it all up....got another sample in a Nordstrom order, used it up....now I find myself keeping samples of it in my purse, on my vanity at home, etc. I basically hoover up samples wherever I can find them. It is unabashedly gourmand, but I don't find it as in your face as La Vie Est Belle (which is a much closer Flowerbomb clone, imo). There is something quietly unusual about it....I swear I smell pistachio, and I think that's what I love about it. That is not in the notes though. Even if you have gourmand fatigue, I would suggest trying a spritz of this on skin. I'm not sure if I will ever actually get around to purchasing a full bottle of it thanks to my sample stash. But it is full bottle worthy to me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Since Armani isn't cruelty-free, I won't be repurchasing this, but other than that, I love this perfume.
Just a matter of taste. I personally love the scent, sweet but somehow a bit spicy. Lasts long, in contrast to other voices here I feel there is sophistication, maturity, and femininity to it. I always feel very woman when I wear it, and a little sexy, too.

Popular Fragrances