Giorgio Armani Si

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

Love this perfume; it has so many layers! Starts with sweet, fruity top notes, and turns into a complex vanilla scent. I'm in college and it's not too mature!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

An elegant perfume best suited for women over 30. I'm a professional woman and have been searching for a good office/daytime scent that is sophisticated and doesn't smell like citrus. Si is perfect. It's soft and subtly sexy, but still appropriate for work. My boyfriend loves it also, and he's fussy.

Another daytime favorite of mine is the original Bottega Veneta, which is a refined, musky leather scent. I'm an American, but these scents smell more European, which I prefer. Young women who like very sweet, vanilla scents will probably not like either of these perfumes.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top Notes: Sicilian bergamot, Mandarin, Blackcurrant liqueur

Heart Notes: Rose de Mai, Neroli, Egyptian jasmine, Freesia

Base notes: Patchouli, Woods, Amber, Orcanox, Vanilla

If you like gourmands but think they are a little less mature and sophisticated than you would prefer, try this. If you are interested in gourmands but are not used to them, this is a great option as well.

I would also recommend this to someone who wants to step away from gourmands but doesn't want to take the plunge into other types of fragrances just yet.

Basically, this is a stepping stone between a vanilla gourmand and a floral fragrance.

This is safe for work or school, as it is very inoffensive and doesn't stray too far from the mainstream.

It's great for a nurturing type of soul who likes sweets, animals and babies, and who cares about other people's feelings. It might sound silly, but this perfume is meant for a traditionally feminine woman or girl, so someone who enjoys black nail polish and purple hair would find this perfume to be too boring.

I could see both a college freshman and a grandmother enjoy this perfume, as it's so versatile and appealing.

It's in the same vein as La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb, and stands on its own two feet as a vanilla fragrance. I get no patchouli in this, which is good because the standout star in this frag is indeed the vanilla, which puts it in line with the other sweet scents in the same category.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Have just purchased my 2nd bottle of Si. It is beautiful, I wear it as my everyday fragrance as it is a light gentle scent, defiantly not overpowering

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Since Armani isn't cruelty-free, I won't be repurchasing this, but other than that, I love this perfume.
Just a matter of taste. I personally love the scent, sweet but somehow a bit spicy. Lasts long, in contrast to other voices here I feel there is sophistication, maturity, and femininity to it. I always feel very woman when I wear it, and a little sexy, too.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Someone here mentioned how it reeks of industrial chemicals, or bugspray, and i agree. Very synthetic sweetness, it's like Lancome La Vie en belle, but worse-overwhelming candy, nothing attractive. Just too over the top, with no grounding note. The patchouli is horribly random. Just thrown together. It smells cheap and not well done., It's like a teenage girl's idea of what she would like to smell like with loads of different Victoria Secret perfumes on. By the way, similar to Victoria's Secret garbage, the lasting power is nothing special either.

To me, Flowerbomb is the best from all the gourmands. At least it unwinds gently, lasts, changes, and has some sort of movement to it. And it's not a clashing cacophony like Si, there is harmony to the drydown. This is just a garbage dump of ALLTHESWEETNOTESEVARRRR. No discernment, no sign of intelligent thought being put into it. Just....ALLTHESWEETNOTESEVARRRR. For this price, i wasn't expecting something equivalent to $30 worth of Disney princess memorabilia. I really fail to understand the good reviews, but that's nothing new for me. When I hate something, I royally hate it.

It's like if an annoying teenage girl had a Tumblr for perfume notes. You know, instead of reblogging umpteen unicorn and coloured braces and candy hearts pictures, perfume notes. I hope you can sense the disdain there.

The first time I smelt this perfume I actually heaved, it was awful. but I went to get my hair done and my stylist smelt AMAZING! So I asked her what she was wearing and of course it was GA Si. so I went on a whim and bought it although I hated it when I first ever smelt it. but my gosh I love this perfume, I've completely changed my mind about it. it smells so good and classy. I think it's a sophisticated woman's perfume. it is rather pricey but completely worth it! if they ever discontinued this perfume I would actually cry.

The smell is wonderful, floral, and feminine. It hit me for the first time I tried it. Three levels - notes during the day are not change very much, but It makes me feel like a autumn lady whenever I wear it!

If you want something new for your coming fall season, may be this is for you!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The first time I tried Armani Si I thought it was wonderful. The opening notes are slightly sweet (without it being for the "junior set") with a warm hint of vanilla. Si evolved within about 15 minutes and the base notes were warm and sexy and not like anything I had tried lately. Less than forty minutes later I couldn't smell it at all. I thought it might be just me so I asked a friend if he could smell the fragrance on me...no. I re-applied and once again it was very nice for about forty minutes and then nothing. I thought it might be my skin chemistry so I had a friend try it and she had the same experience. I don't want an "aura" of perfume around me but I want someone close to be able to detect my fragrance otherwise why spend the money. SI INTENSE is reported to be the best selling perfume in Europe. It's been my experience that when they come out with an "intense" version of the perfume its because the original has no staying power. I will use what I have and maybe try "Si Intense" when its introduced into the US. Don't waste your money on the roller ball version. My friend gave me her Si roller ball and when you first put it on it smells of alcohol and fades faster than the juice in the bottle and the dry down is weird. Other reviewers have also had an issue with the staying power. Too bad as it is a nice fragrance but too expensive to apply several times a day. L'Oreal needs to go back to the drawing board with this one.

Best fragrance ever!