Giorgio Armani Si

Filtered by hair type : Other

2.6

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I always try this on, i love the first smell (or the topnotes), but then it just turns and becomes really strong and old lady like... i also just like the eu de toilette not the perfume because it just smells better on me. The perfume smells kind of like burnt liquorice?

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

An elegant perfume best suited for women over 30. I'm a professional woman and have been searching for a good office/daytime scent that is sophisticated and doesn't smell like citrus. Si is perfect. It's soft and subtly sexy, but still appropriate for work. My boyfriend loves it also, and he's fussy.

Another daytime favorite of mine is the original Bottega Veneta, which is a refined, musky leather scent. I'm an American, but these scents smell more European, which I prefer. Young women who like very sweet, vanilla scents will probably not like either of these perfumes.

I was given a sample of this by a pushy sales associate at Macy's when I was trying to buy my sister a perfume as a gift. She said Si was one of their best sellers. I really did expect to like this; fruitchoulis and sweet patchouli blends are among my most recent favorites. My longtime love, Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noire, is such a blend, as are my new favorites, DKNY MyNY by Donna Karan and Jimmy Choo's perfume in the grenade-shaped bottle.

Unfortunately, something went wrong here. All I get is overpoweringly sweet berry and a very harsh, synthetic patchouli. Dear god, why must all modern fragrances include this synthetic berry note? Celebrity perfumes and Bath & Body Works/Victoria's Secret are most prone to this, but now it's showing up in designer and old standard perfume houses too. The patchouli here is also badly done; instead of the warm, earthy patchouli as seen in DKNY MyNY, we get the synthetic stuff that hippies loved in the 70s.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I must remember to never buy this scent because for me its uninteresting.
I would rather wear an interesting scent that I don't like than an uninteresting one.
There is nothing actually wrong with Si and I don't think it would offend anyone else who smells it on you. I think this is a suitable fragrance for people who are at school.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Someone here mentioned how it reeks of industrial chemicals, or bugspray, and i agree. Very synthetic sweetness, it's like Lancome La Vie en belle, but worse-overwhelming candy, nothing attractive. Just too over the top, with no grounding note. The patchouli is horribly random. Just thrown together. It smells cheap and not well done., It's like a teenage girl's idea of what she would like to smell like with loads of different Victoria Secret perfumes on. By the way, similar to Victoria's Secret garbage, the lasting power is nothing special either.

To me, Flowerbomb is the best from all the gourmands. At least it unwinds gently, lasts, changes, and has some sort of movement to it. And it's not a clashing cacophony like Si, there is harmony to the drydown. This is just a garbage dump of ALLTHESWEETNOTESEVARRRR. No discernment, no sign of intelligent thought being put into it. Just....ALLTHESWEETNOTESEVARRRR. For this price, i wasn't expecting something equivalent to $30 worth of Disney princess memorabilia. I really fail to understand the good reviews, but that's nothing new for me. When I hate something, I royally hate it.

It's like if an annoying teenage girl had a Tumblr for perfume notes. You know, instead of reblogging umpteen unicorn and coloured braces and candy hearts pictures, perfume notes. I hope you can sense the disdain there.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Generic vanilla, powder and candy.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I actually experienced much longer lasting power than the previous reviewer. It lasts at least four hours on me, but it's just not my kind of scent. A strong bitter blackcurrant scent dries powdery on me, but this same juice smells like a fresh summer floral on my boss. Definitely a try before buy because it reacts very differently between body chemistries. Pretty but not for me.

While reading the previous descriptions, I realized again how much perfume silage and longevity, but also specific notes depend on wearer's skin chemistry. I love this perfume. On me it's long lasting (one small spritz lasts all day long..) and it's complex. It has layers: starts vanilic and woody, some sweetness is there, but not overwhelming, and then comes the best part, smokey incense, beautiful and wafting with every move. I've been asked numerous times what perfume am I wearing, sometimes at the end of the work day, when I think it's long gone. This is made for real woman, feminine and mature, confidant and sexy..that's how I feel wearing it. Thx Mr.Giorgio ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Nice scent that lasts for about one hour and then is literally gone. Just vanishes as though I never sprayed it on. What a disappointment..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

At first I thought WOW its lovely and I nearly brought it. But due to experience I waited 15 minutes to let it settle only to find it has the staying power of a gnat. Tried a few more times, but, same thing. Perfumes are more like body sprays these days even from big design houses it makes me want to cry.

Popular Fragrances