Giorgio Armani Si

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.0

One of my favorite fragrances!

I'm obsessed with the scent. I've been loving this fragrance ever since it came out. The scent isn't that strong - it won't give me a headache - but strong enough to leave a nice trail in the air as I walk around. The staying power is great - I apply it in the morning before leaving the house and if I don't shower in the evening, I'll wake up the next morning still smelling nice - and so will my whole bed!

The price is, well, normal for the Armani brand. The packaging is what I don't really dig - it could definitely be way prettier and elegant, but it is what it is.

Repurchase? Yes, if I can afford it.

I absolutely love this scent. Its a very classy scent. I receive so many compliments. I can always pick this perfume on others but I cant smell it on myself. but others can. It lingers on clothing for weeks later. its such an amazing long lasting perfume. I cant get enough of it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this for my 4-0th bday gift from my daddy. He picked it out hisself at ulta! So proud of him! My mom and dad keep saying to buy one good perfume rather than all that VS & Preferred Fragrance (fakes), [& fake oils I'll never give up my oils!] fare. This smells easily elegant & sexy very age appropriate for me but not in the least racy nor scandalous. Just right for any occasion from a white t shirt with jeans to a party or work or hey wearing a white t shirt with jeans to a work party (haha if that ever happened stranger things have lol) I'm sure this is expensive so I ordered the oil from eBay of si intense for $6.95 for 1/3oz. I'll save the good juice for when I'm going out. As for not lasting ur nose gets used to a scent u can't smell it for more than 5-10mins if u can detect it for 2 hours on urself u may be possibly fumigating urself, u wear perfume for others to enjoy. I read that from an eBay etailer leaflet that came w a perfume I had ordered. I have Tresor nuit, LVEB, Decadence, & Si Intense oils on order. I just got Alien & Angel :-) im addicted to 1/3oz oils my budget & nose like them! I already have flowerbomb oil. All of those scents are cost prohibitive for me in edt.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

There are several things i love about this perfume... The fact that 10 or so seconds after spraying, you can smell that cassis and soft rose at a level where i can smell it on me and within a short distance, but it doesn't smack me in the face at a level where it's way too strong! After about ten or so minutes i can smell both vanilla and patchouli subtly, but not so much that it takes over the fragrance. Soft spicy with a touch of wood makes it a beautiful but not overbearing perfume, and there have been so many overbearing perfumes lately with way too much patchouli or other particularly highly overused scents. Nice to see one that i don't have to worry about wearing in front of others.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am always amazed at how differently perfumes will work based on your personal chemistry.

On me, this smells like cat pee. Or if you'd prefer a less offensive way of explaining it, a Boxwood shrub. Either way, this does not work for me. Test this out before you buy - glad mine was a sample.

And yes, it did last all day - funny how the scents you don't care for can linger on and on and on....

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found this very green and very harsh, almost acrid. The drydown reminded me of the Dial soap and shampoos from the 60s. If you are prone to headaches and sinus irritation, steer clear of this one.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To me, this is a classy, slightly sophisticated, grown up perfume. In a world where lately it seems fruity and overly sweet, very girly/youthful and bakery type scents are dominant, it is nice imo to have a scent for us 'older gals' who are not 'old ladies'. Mature. Classy. Classic. Not overbearing or headache-inducing, although as with any fragrance, sensitive noses, allergies, asthma sufferers, etc, that is all subjective.

On me, this lasts all day, and I can still faintly smell it on my clothes the next laundry day; and yet it is not too strong nor too over-powering. I can't do too strong and overpowering. But yet this is not too light, it is just right.

I think this is a great year-round scent, but leaning more towards daytime. I think this is safe enough for school or the workplace.

I have read that La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb are similar to this, but I sort of disagree. To me, La Vie Est Belle is much more floral and Flowerbomb is very chemical smelling to me, and both of those are headache-inducing for me, which Si is not. To me, Si is just a nice, comfortable fragrance to wear and very pleasant to smell.

I do wish the bottle design was more detailed/ more feminine-looking. I typically like and appreciate simple and clean designs, but this I feel deserves a really pretty bottle. But that is just personal opinion/thought. This is very easy to spray and to hold in the hands, which my bad wrists appreciate.

Will definitely repurchase and am already planning on getting a backup, as things I really like always seem to get discontinued.

I own more than 40 fragrances and this is the one that garners the most compliments from those around me (major man magnet too...try it out and see for yourself). It's sweet but also chic and versatile, can be worn from day to night, and will suit many different occasions (office, evening, dinner, dates, nights out and about, etc). Si may be too mature for teens, but it's perfect for women in their 20's. It's also sophisticated enough for women in their 30's, 40's and beyond, and those who enjoy sweet smells but don't want to smell juvenile or like straight up candy.

It's in the same fragrance family as Lancome's La Vie Est Belle and V&R's Flowerbomb, but this one has a crisp and slightly sharp green element to it that makes it less cloyingly sweet, and easier to wear than either of those two. This 'crisp/green' nuance in Si makes it quite distinctive, saving it from being just another Flowerbomb/LVEB smell-alike (off-topic: if you do want a cheaper alternative to Flowerbomb, check out Aquolina's 'Pink Sugar Sparks').

Anyways...this is my signature scent for fall and winter. It also wears well in spring and on breezy summer nights. If you're looking for a 'cleaner', crisper and more versatile alternative to La Vie Est Belle (which I personally cannot wear...too loud, too 'frilly girly', too much), then try Si. If you love sweet scents but still want to be taken seriously, try Si. It lasts a whole day on me without needing touch-ups and the scent could fill a whole room if you spray on too much (careful with that! two sprays is good enough for daytime...add another 2-3 sprays for night-time if you want all eyes on you). I will always repurchase, and I hope it never gets discontinued.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have tested this and hate it! I usually love Armani perfumes but this is the only one I don't care for. It's disgustingly sweet and would give someone a headache. It's also bitter and smells like bug spray in a way. If you want the same strong sweet smell, I would say go to la vie set belle by lancome.

I just threw up. This made me so nauseous. I tried to get rid of the smell with a bath. Still lingering. Horrible sweet musk - it ends up smelling like sweet puke during the dry down. Absolutely terrible

Popular Fragrances