Giorgio Armani Si

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.7

One of my favorite fragrances!

I'm obsessed with the scent. I've been loving this fragrance ever since it came out. The scent isn't that strong - it won't give me a headache - but strong enough to leave a nice trail in the air as I walk around. The staying power is great - I apply it in the morning before leaving the house and if I don't shower in the evening, I'll wake up the next morning still smelling nice - and so will my whole bed!

The price is, well, normal for the Armani brand. The packaging is what I don't really dig - it could definitely be way prettier and elegant, but it is what it is.

Repurchase? Yes, if I can afford it.

I absolutely love this scent. Its a very classy scent. I receive so many compliments. I can always pick this perfume on others but I cant smell it on myself. but others can. It lingers on clothing for weeks later. its such an amazing long lasting perfume. I cant get enough of it!

Love this perfume; it has so many layers! Starts with sweet, fruity top notes, and turns into a complex vanilla scent. I'm in college and it's not too mature!

I was given a sample of this by a pushy sales associate at Macy's when I was trying to buy my sister a perfume as a gift. She said Si was one of their best sellers. I really did expect to like this; fruitchoulis and sweet patchouli blends are among my most recent favorites. My longtime love, Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noire, is such a blend, as are my new favorites, DKNY MyNY by Donna Karan and Jimmy Choo's perfume in the grenade-shaped bottle.

Unfortunately, something went wrong here. All I get is overpoweringly sweet berry and a very harsh, synthetic patchouli. Dear god, why must all modern fragrances include this synthetic berry note? Celebrity perfumes and Bath & Body Works/Victoria's Secret are most prone to this, but now it's showing up in designer and old standard perfume houses too. The patchouli here is also badly done; instead of the warm, earthy patchouli as seen in DKNY MyNY, we get the synthetic stuff that hippies loved in the 70s.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To me, this is a classy, slightly sophisticated, grown up perfume. In a world where lately it seems fruity and overly sweet, very girly/youthful and bakery type scents are dominant, it is nice imo to have a scent for us 'older gals' who are not 'old ladies'. Mature. Classy. Classic. Not overbearing or headache-inducing, although as with any fragrance, sensitive noses, allergies, asthma sufferers, etc, that is all subjective.

On me, this lasts all day, and I can still faintly smell it on my clothes the next laundry day; and yet it is not too strong nor too over-powering. I can't do too strong and overpowering. But yet this is not too light, it is just right.

I think this is a great year-round scent, but leaning more towards daytime. I think this is safe enough for school or the workplace.

I have read that La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb are similar to this, but I sort of disagree. To me, La Vie Est Belle is much more floral and Flowerbomb is very chemical smelling to me, and both of those are headache-inducing for me, which Si is not. To me, Si is just a nice, comfortable fragrance to wear and very pleasant to smell.

I do wish the bottle design was more detailed/ more feminine-looking. I typically like and appreciate simple and clean designs, but this I feel deserves a really pretty bottle. But that is just personal opinion/thought. This is very easy to spray and to hold in the hands, which my bad wrists appreciate.

Will definitely repurchase and am already planning on getting a backup, as things I really like always seem to get discontinued.

I own more than 40 fragrances and this is the one that garners the most compliments from those around me (major man magnet too...try it out and see for yourself). It's sweet but also chic and versatile, can be worn from day to night, and will suit many different occasions (office, evening, dinner, dates, nights out and about, etc). Si may be too mature for teens, but it's perfect for women in their 20's. It's also sophisticated enough for women in their 30's, 40's and beyond, and those who enjoy sweet smells but don't want to smell juvenile or like straight up candy.

It's in the same fragrance family as Lancome's La Vie Est Belle and V&R's Flowerbomb, but this one has a crisp and slightly sharp green element to it that makes it less cloyingly sweet, and easier to wear than either of those two. This 'crisp/green' nuance in Si makes it quite distinctive, saving it from being just another Flowerbomb/LVEB smell-alike (off-topic: if you do want a cheaper alternative to Flowerbomb, check out Aquolina's 'Pink Sugar Sparks').

Anyways...this is my signature scent for fall and winter. It also wears well in spring and on breezy summer nights. If you're looking for a 'cleaner', crisper and more versatile alternative to La Vie Est Belle (which I personally cannot wear...too loud, too 'frilly girly', too much), then try Si. If you love sweet scents but still want to be taken seriously, try Si. It lasts a whole day on me without needing touch-ups and the scent could fill a whole room if you spray on too much (careful with that! two sprays is good enough for daytime...add another 2-3 sprays for night-time if you want all eyes on you). I will always repurchase, and I hope it never gets discontinued.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have tested this and hate it! I usually love Armani perfumes but this is the only one I don't care for. It's disgustingly sweet and would give someone a headache. It's also bitter and smells like bug spray in a way. If you want the same strong sweet smell, I would say go to la vie set belle by lancome.

The first time I smelt this perfume I actually heaved, it was awful. but I went to get my hair done and my stylist smelt AMAZING! So I asked her what she was wearing and of course it was GA Si. so I went on a whim and bought it although I hated it when I first ever smelt it. but my gosh I love this perfume, I've completely changed my mind about it. it smells so good and classy. I think it's a sophisticated woman's perfume. it is rather pricey but completely worth it! if they ever discontinued this perfume I would actually cry.

I just threw up. This made me so nauseous. I tried to get rid of the smell with a bath. Still lingering. Horrible sweet musk - it ends up smelling like sweet puke during the dry down. Absolutely terrible

I just recieved this as a early birthday present and I am so in love!. I am very happy with this perfume. I was asked what perfume I would like for my birthday (my sister in law works in a beauty makeup store) I had no idea what to get I was getting bored with my usual scents and she suggested Si, it's a feminine smell, musky and warm tones. My partner also loves the scent too.

Popular Fragrances