Giorgio Armani Si

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I always try this on, i love the first smell (or the topnotes), but then it just turns and becomes really strong and old lady like... i also just like the eu de toilette not the perfume because it just smells better on me. The perfume smells kind of like burnt liquorice?

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top Notes: Sicilian bergamot, Mandarin, Blackcurrant liqueur

Heart Notes: Rose de Mai, Neroli, Egyptian jasmine, Freesia

Base notes: Patchouli, Woods, Amber, Orcanox, Vanilla

If you like gourmands but think they are a little less mature and sophisticated than you would prefer, try this. If you are interested in gourmands but are not used to them, this is a great option as well.

I would also recommend this to someone who wants to step away from gourmands but doesn't want to take the plunge into other types of fragrances just yet.

Basically, this is a stepping stone between a vanilla gourmand and a floral fragrance.

This is safe for work or school, as it is very inoffensive and doesn't stray too far from the mainstream.

It's great for a nurturing type of soul who likes sweets, animals and babies, and who cares about other people's feelings. It might sound silly, but this perfume is meant for a traditionally feminine woman or girl, so someone who enjoys black nail polish and purple hair would find this perfume to be too boring.

I could see both a college freshman and a grandmother enjoy this perfume, as it's so versatile and appealing.

It's in the same vein as La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb, and stands on its own two feet as a vanilla fragrance. I get no patchouli in this, which is good because the standout star in this frag is indeed the vanilla, which puts it in line with the other sweet scents in the same category.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Since Armani isn't cruelty-free, I won't be repurchasing this, but other than that, I love this perfume.
Just a matter of taste. I personally love the scent, sweet but somehow a bit spicy. Lasts long, in contrast to other voices here I feel there is sophistication, maturity, and femininity to it. I always feel very woman when I wear it, and a little sexy, too.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Generic vanilla, powder and candy.

Very mature scent without being old lady,very long lasting,elegant and sexy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a very "middle ground" perfume scent to me. I received a sample, loved how it smelled, and ran out and purchased the 1.7 bottle ($90.00). After using it a few times it lost its luster, so to speak. The opening notes of black currant and light florals are lovely but fade far too quick and (on me at least) the musky, woodsy, heavily masculine undertones take over and linger - which I am not a fan of.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I sampled this fragrance from a magazine swatch over the holidays. I instantly fell in love with it and knew I was getting it. I was running low on cash after Christmas shopping so I grabbed the little travel sized rollerball version for a quick fix. Before buying that, I had initially sprayed on the actual sample bottle Macy's had out on display.
Like the other reviewers, I can testify this perfume has no staying power. All that I sprayed on at the counter from the bottle was gone in an hour and so is whatever I use from this travel sized version. It smells wonderful, everybody notices it and asks about it, my husband loves it, BUT, after an hour, the magic is over. Going, going, gone.
I regularly wear Michel Germain's Sexual Sugar and it lasts all day. I've never had a perfume that lasts an hour.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

First spritz this smelled warm and mysterious. Found it intriguing, and curious what middle notes and drydown would bring forth. It wasn't what I expected.

My body chemistry doesn't get along with Si - Middle notes - smelled just like wood framing on a house under construction. Drydown - wood framing on a house under construction.

Talk about a new home scent...

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The first time I tried Armani Si I thought it was wonderful. The opening notes are slightly sweet (without it being for the "junior set") with a warm hint of vanilla. Si evolved within about 15 minutes and the base notes were warm and sexy and not like anything I had tried lately. Less than forty minutes later I couldn't smell it at all. I thought it might be just me so I asked a friend if he could smell the fragrance on me...no. I re-applied and once again it was very nice for about forty minutes and then nothing. I thought it might be my skin chemistry so I had a friend try it and she had the same experience. I don't want an "aura" of perfume around me but I want someone close to be able to detect my fragrance otherwise why spend the money. SI INTENSE is reported to be the best selling perfume in Europe. It's been my experience that when they come out with an "intense" version of the perfume its because the original has no staying power. I will use what I have and maybe try "Si Intense" when its introduced into the US. Don't waste your money on the roller ball version. My friend gave me her Si roller ball and when you first put it on it smells of alcohol and fades faster than the juice in the bottle and the dry down is weird. Other reviewers have also had an issue with the staying power. Too bad as it is a nice fragrance but too expensive to apply several times a day. L'Oreal needs to go back to the drawing board with this one.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I will admit up front I know almost nothing about perfumes. But, I just love this. It smells amazing. A Macy's assosiate recommended it when I was smelling flowerbomb, saying it was similar. To be honest, I don't really think they smell similar at all, but I do think Si smells MUCH better. It's just a very sexy, sweet, feminine kind of smell. The first time I wore it, it lasted alllll day, and the smell changed into something even better by the end of the day. Since then, wearing it, I've noticed the scent does not last as long, probably gone by the end of the work-day. I don't know what changed there, apparently just something about my body chemistry reacting to it. Regardless, it smells great, and I would recommend. I see people in the reviews talking about the marketing campaign- I wish they would stop. Who cares. Just ignore that and see if you like the product or not. (And, I've never seen a single commercial for this product, so that definitely isnt what swayed me to enjoy this).

Popular Fragrances