Giorgio Armani Si

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Giorgio Armani Si is a very close cousin, as many have noted to Lancome's La Vie Est Belle, which, to me and on my skin, smells like a more wearable, lighter version of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle. The Lancome and Chanel seem more directly similar with their prominent notes of orange blossom and a sugared patchouli vibe which is similar too but more refined and not nearly as sweet as Viktor and Rolf's Flowebomb.

Si is unique to all these others in that it has a sour grape (listed in notes as blackcurrant but it seems also grapey to me) tinge that gives the impression of wine or maybe champagne (but honestly I get more of a red wine/red grape feel) to the sugared patchouli, where orange blossom and jasmine are found in La vie est belle and Coco Mademoiselle. And that sourness does add a refreshing break-up to the sweet patchouli notes unlike Flowerbomb which is just straight up sweet/

Out of the mix of all of these mentioned, Armani Si may be my favorite of this mix because it is slightly more unique and not being so sweet and heavy and dense at the same time as the Chanel, but the mere fact that I mentioning so many other fragrances, and not just for the sake of pointing out differences, but also a lot of key similarities, makes me feel that this fragrance is just too similar, though I can see why it is so well-tried and well loved and deservedly well-appreciated. It is just not for me. Also, the sour grape note after even just a few minutes of wear turns very bitter and metallic on my skin, which may be a nuance rather than a negative that brings more character to the fragrance, and, again, while it DOES help set it apart from these other fruit/sugared patchouli delectables out there, I just don't find the way it wears on my skin all that pleasant to my own tastest. But everyone is different, so it may be something you enjoy and/or that wears beautifully on your skin