Giorgio Armani Si

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a very classy perfume, I find it to be a sweet floral with a slightly fruity undertone. The top notes are quite a sharp flowery scent on me, but quickly settle into a sweeter, floral fragrance. I like the fruity notes, but on my skin the floral notes are well and truly at the forefront of this perfume. Whilst this may be a positive for some, for me the fragrance is a bit too florally for me to enjoy. I wouldn't wear this everyday, I would wear it for a formal event where I want to feel mature and classy. This would be perfect for lovers of floral perfumes and those wanting a mature and classic perfume. It has good lasting power, lasting all day on me and even longer on my clothes. A little goes a long way as it can become overpowering quite quickly. A nice fragrance, but not the one for me.

Top Notes: Cassis.
Heart Notes: Freesia, May Rose.
Base Notes: Vanilla, Patchouli, Ambroxan, Woody Notes.

(Notes from Fragrantica)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I always try this on, i love the first smell (or the topnotes), but then it just turns and becomes really strong and old lady like... i also just like the eu de toilette not the perfume because it just smells better on me. The perfume smells kind of like burnt liquorice?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Noooooo!
Si is just not making me happy at all! Alcoholic , as in beer or liquor, rose and then a dusty powder not the beautiful type of powder either. Ickkkk!

I feel very elegant wearing this. This is not something for teens as it does seem to have a more mature scent but I got this after my first year at uni and it sort of fit because I really felt like I had changed. Normally I wore fruity scents so this change was huge but also matched the way my life has changed. It also lasts really long. The scent clings onto your clothes and at the end of the week when I take my stuff to be washed you can still smell traces of it but at the same time it is not overpowering. I also have the lotion which can be used instead of the perfume for an even subtler scent.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Giorgio Armani Si is a very close cousin, as many have noted to Lancome's La Vie Est Belle, which, to me and on my skin, smells like a more wearable, lighter version of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle. The Lancome and Chanel seem more directly similar with their prominent notes of orange blossom and a sugared patchouli vibe which is similar too but more refined and not nearly as sweet as Viktor and Rolf's Flowebomb.

Si is unique to all these others in that it has a sour grape (listed in notes as blackcurrant but it seems also grapey to me) tinge that gives the impression of wine or maybe champagne (but honestly I get more of a red wine/red grape feel) to the sugared patchouli, where orange blossom and jasmine are found in La vie est belle and Coco Mademoiselle. And that sourness does add a refreshing break-up to the sweet patchouli notes unlike Flowerbomb which is just straight up sweet/

Out of the mix of all of these mentioned, Armani Si may be my favorite of this mix because it is slightly more unique and not being so sweet and heavy and dense at the same time as the Chanel, but the mere fact that I mentioning so many other fragrances, and not just for the sake of pointing out differences, but also a lot of key similarities, makes me feel that this fragrance is just too similar, though I can see why it is so well-tried and well loved and deservedly well-appreciated. It is just not for me. Also, the sour grape note after even just a few minutes of wear turns very bitter and metallic on my skin, which may be a nuance rather than a negative that brings more character to the fragrance, and, again, while it DOES help set it apart from these other fruit/sugared patchouli delectables out there, I just don't find the way it wears on my skin all that pleasant to my own tastest. But everyone is different, so it may be something you enjoy and/or that wears beautifully on your skin

Si, how I love you!
For what seems like a hundred years I wore nothing but Halston. It was my signature scent. But then they did the absolute unthinkable, they changed the formula. Bummer. So began my search for the new signature scent. I tried everything and just when I thought I wasn't ever going to find something to replace my beloved Halston, I saw the poster for Si in Macy's. I tried it and I was in love. It's a classy, sexy scent that lasts all day. It's wonderful for day or evening. It isn't overpowering but definitely not subtle. It has a wonderful combination of floral, woodsy and spice scents with just a bit of a sweetness. Everyone asks what I'm wearing, and where they can purchase it. I get compliments all the time. And yes, this is my new signature scent. Did I say I loved it??!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Please don't wear this by me. Instant migraine and makes me want to vomit. It is one of those types of fragrances for me. I cannot stand it. And unfortunately it has great sillage so it is in the air and everywhere so I will smell you coming and going. Please be kind and keep for your evenings out. Love from a migraine sufferer.

Very mature scent without being old lady,very long lasting,elegant and sexy.

A lovely scent if you like warm,sweet, vanilla-based perfumes. It's the perfect fragrance for autumn / winter. Just lovely, nothing more to say about it...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One lippie for a gorgeous perfume? YES! My story is this: I sprayed on a sample at the store and was instantly entranced by that luscious top note of blackberry - warm and fruity but not overpowering. I tried on many other perfumes that day at the store, but none of them seemed as luxurious, soft and feminine as Si.

So silly me, I thought about it for a couple of days and then came back and bought a bottle.

And that's when I found out that the lovely scent lasts about 5 minutes. I am not kidding. What a total waste of money for something that has zero lasting power. So ladies, if you do choose to buy Si, enjoy that top note while it lasts because there's nothing coming afterwards. In other words, a perfect perfume to wear at work because nobody will smell anything!

Popular Fragrances