Giorgio Armani Si

3.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am always amazed at how differently perfumes will work based on your personal chemistry.

On me, this smells like cat pee. Or if you'd prefer a less offensive way of explaining it, a Boxwood shrub. Either way, this does not work for me. Test this out before you buy - glad mine was a sample.

And yes, it did last all day - funny how the scents you don't care for can linger on and on and on....

I was given a sample of this by a pushy sales associate at Macy's when I was trying to buy my sister a perfume as a gift. She said Si was one of their best sellers. I really did expect to like this; fruitchoulis and sweet patchouli blends are among my most recent favorites. My longtime love, Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noire, is such a blend, as are my new favorites, DKNY MyNY by Donna Karan and Jimmy Choo's perfume in the grenade-shaped bottle.

Unfortunately, something went wrong here. All I get is overpoweringly sweet berry and a very harsh, synthetic patchouli. Dear god, why must all modern fragrances include this synthetic berry note? Celebrity perfumes and Bath & Body Works/Victoria's Secret are most prone to this, but now it's showing up in designer and old standard perfume houses too. The patchouli here is also badly done; instead of the warm, earthy patchouli as seen in DKNY MyNY, we get the synthetic stuff that hippies loved in the 70s.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Noooooo!
Si is just not making me happy at all! Alcoholic , as in beer or liquor, rose and then a dusty powder not the beautiful type of powder either. Ickkkk!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have tested this and hate it! I usually love Armani perfumes but this is the only one I don't care for. It's disgustingly sweet and would give someone a headache. It's also bitter and smells like bug spray in a way. If you want the same strong sweet smell, I would say go to la vie set belle by lancome.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Someone here mentioned how it reeks of industrial chemicals, or bugspray, and i agree. Very synthetic sweetness, it's like Lancome La Vie en belle, but worse-overwhelming candy, nothing attractive. Just too over the top, with no grounding note. The patchouli is horribly random. Just thrown together. It smells cheap and not well done., It's like a teenage girl's idea of what she would like to smell like with loads of different Victoria Secret perfumes on. By the way, similar to Victoria's Secret garbage, the lasting power is nothing special either.

To me, Flowerbomb is the best from all the gourmands. At least it unwinds gently, lasts, changes, and has some sort of movement to it. And it's not a clashing cacophony like Si, there is harmony to the drydown. This is just a garbage dump of ALLTHESWEETNOTESEVARRRR. No discernment, no sign of intelligent thought being put into it. Just....ALLTHESWEETNOTESEVARRRR. For this price, i wasn't expecting something equivalent to $30 worth of Disney princess memorabilia. I really fail to understand the good reviews, but that's nothing new for me. When I hate something, I royally hate it.

It's like if an annoying teenage girl had a Tumblr for perfume notes. You know, instead of reblogging umpteen unicorn and coloured braces and candy hearts pictures, perfume notes. I hope you can sense the disdain there.

I just threw up. This made me so nauseous. I tried to get rid of the smell with a bath. Still lingering. Horrible sweet musk - it ends up smelling like sweet puke during the dry down. Absolutely terrible

Si? I say No! Fragrance is admittedly very subjective but this it so unpleasant it is noteworthy. I can't pin it down, but it smells floral with a strong undertone of industrial chemical (Raid roach spray?) Truly awful.

My god this is potent. Tear inducing sneeze worthy cough causing potent. A real scrubber cloying sweet patchouli will ensure people can smell you before they see you and not in a good way!

This is way over the top in a bad way. Every single note is over kill, there is nothing soft or subtle about this. I dread the day I get caught in an elevator with someone wearing this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Please don't wear this by me. Instant migraine and makes me want to vomit. It is one of those types of fragrances for me. I cannot stand it. And unfortunately it has great sillage so it is in the air and everywhere so I will smell you coming and going. Please be kind and keep for your evenings out. Love from a migraine sufferer.

Popular Fragrances