Giorgio Armani Si

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am always amazed at how differently perfumes will work based on your personal chemistry.

On me, this smells like cat pee. Or if you'd prefer a less offensive way of explaining it, a Boxwood shrub. Either way, this does not work for me. Test this out before you buy - glad mine was a sample.

And yes, it did last all day - funny how the scents you don't care for can linger on and on and on....

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

An elegant perfume best suited for women over 30. I'm a professional woman and have been searching for a good office/daytime scent that is sophisticated and doesn't smell like citrus. Si is perfect. It's soft and subtly sexy, but still appropriate for work. My boyfriend loves it also, and he's fussy.

Another daytime favorite of mine is the original Bottega Veneta, which is a refined, musky leather scent. I'm an American, but these scents smell more European, which I prefer. Young women who like very sweet, vanilla scents will probably not like either of these perfumes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Noooooo!
Si is just not making me happy at all! Alcoholic , as in beer or liquor, rose and then a dusty powder not the beautiful type of powder either. Ickkkk!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To me, this is a classy, slightly sophisticated, grown up perfume. In a world where lately it seems fruity and overly sweet, very girly/youthful and bakery type scents are dominant, it is nice imo to have a scent for us 'older gals' who are not 'old ladies'. Mature. Classy. Classic. Not overbearing or headache-inducing, although as with any fragrance, sensitive noses, allergies, asthma sufferers, etc, that is all subjective.

On me, this lasts all day, and I can still faintly smell it on my clothes the next laundry day; and yet it is not too strong nor too over-powering. I can't do too strong and overpowering. But yet this is not too light, it is just right.

I think this is a great year-round scent, but leaning more towards daytime. I think this is safe enough for school or the workplace.

I have read that La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb are similar to this, but I sort of disagree. To me, La Vie Est Belle is much more floral and Flowerbomb is very chemical smelling to me, and both of those are headache-inducing for me, which Si is not. To me, Si is just a nice, comfortable fragrance to wear and very pleasant to smell.

I do wish the bottle design was more detailed/ more feminine-looking. I typically like and appreciate simple and clean designs, but this I feel deserves a really pretty bottle. But that is just personal opinion/thought. This is very easy to spray and to hold in the hands, which my bad wrists appreciate.

Will definitely repurchase and am already planning on getting a backup, as things I really like always seem to get discontinued.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I must remember to never buy this scent because for me its uninteresting.
I would rather wear an interesting scent that I don't like than an uninteresting one.
There is nothing actually wrong with Si and I don't think it would offend anyone else who smells it on you. I think this is a suitable fragrance for people who are at school.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm on the fence about this. I might buy it again, but for a very personal reason--it smells exactly like a hand cream that my grandmother used to have, and it evoked wonderful memories in me. But since you probably didn't know my grandmother, that won't matter much to you. It's not a subtle scent, but it's very warm and pleasant. It ends on a powdery note that reads older woman to me (but maybe that's the grandmother association). It is a nice wearable chypre scent, and I'd love smelling it on someone else...but it's really not for me, feels too old.

Si,..Eau de Parfum
Gorgeous, Classy and Sexy come to mind. First, I am super sensitive to smells, especially heady ones that make me feel sick. I get headaches and shouldn't be wearing fragrance at all but I love this one. I'm not keen on florals. So having giving you all that info on me, let me explain this. It's sweet but soft and clean but not soapy, then goes into a bourbon note while maintaining a light feel. Not heady on me. It's not fruity, so the sweetness isn't sickly. I would say a violet perhaps if any floral at all and musk dry down It's described as having a blond wood. All I know about that is, I like it, whatever it is. It's smells a bit like Gucci Guilty but holds it's smell and doesn't go flat like Gucci. Plus it isn't as obnoxious as Guilty. It doesn't rival other perfumes in a room, its distinct, soft and has substance. People will smell it who are close to you. I like to put it on the back of my neck so if someone hugs me they can smell it. Its beautifulIt. It has a reference to Jucy Gold Culture in that, it has more of a gourmand or food anchor. I haven't found ANYTHING like it. I smelled it in a magazine and couldn't get it out my head so I bought it. I have the PARFUM, .....the Eau de toilet is completely different. I have rollerballs all over the house.
It's in a nice heavy glass bottle. Just like what's inside, it doesn't scream attention. The best word for it would be sensual and classy.
It can be a winter fragrance or a summer. If I like a fragrance, I wear it all year round. I like to smell it on me.
The staying power is an all day one. Would be great for a first date, you would be remembered and not by fumigating your date.:)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

First spritz this smelled warm and mysterious. Found it intriguing, and curious what middle notes and drydown would bring forth. It wasn't what I expected.

My body chemistry doesn't get along with Si - Middle notes - smelled just like wood framing on a house under construction. Drydown - wood framing on a house under construction.

Talk about a new home scent...

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I actually experienced much longer lasting power than the previous reviewer. It lasts at least four hours on me, but it's just not my kind of scent. A strong bitter blackcurrant scent dries powdery on me, but this same juice smells like a fresh summer floral on my boss. Definitely a try before buy because it reacts very differently between body chemistries. Pretty but not for me.

I can only think it's a skin chemistry issue...I'm shocked at so many "meh" comments about this scent. I love it. I will say that at first sniff, I was unimpressed...but I decided to apply and wait to see what happens. The initial spritz was ok...but a couple hours after application, a wonderous, woody, non-gourmand vanilla, musky type magic happens, and it's heaven. I'd roll in it, if I wasn't already wearing it! I've noticed that the warmer I get (hot days or extra exercise), the deeper and more exotic this scent gets. Sillage is awesome. A real plus for me. The black currant is also lovely...but this comes from someone who believes "Enchanted Forest" by Vagabond Prince is God's gift. I don't think Si is "common" or "predictable". I'm a niche perfume fan, and rarely like Department store fragrances, but this is big bottle worthy. I'm glad I gave it a couple days wear before writing it off. I'll be wearing this all winter.

Popular Fragrances