Giovanni D:tox System Purifying Facial Mask

Giovanni D:tox System Purifying Facial Mask

Not tested on animals

purified water, glycerin, oat kernel flour, bentonite, kaolin, allantoin, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, vitamin e, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, volcanic ash, retinyl palmitate, activated charcoal, phenoxyethanol, iron oxides, xanthan gum, lecthin, menthyl lactate, sodium PCA, vaccinium myrtillus fruit extract, sugar cane extract, sugar maple extract, valencia orange fruit extract, lemon extract, aloe vera leaft juice, acai berry extract, goji berry extract, fig extract, green tea extract, natural fragrance *USDA certified organic 100% vegetarian ingrediants/ No animal testing No parabens, lauryl or laureth sulfate or PEGs

on 12/14/2016 11:44:00 AM

Wonderful mask that helps to clean my pores. I'm 36 and have combination skin with black pores that I clean using different AHA/BHA treatments. I love using this mask after some AHA/BHA night serum - gives wonderful result, clean and radiant skin. I bought it so many times that I've lost count. Also like D:tox Purifying Facial Cleanser from this range, but it's a bit drying. The mask is a winner.

on 5/4/2016 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I seldom use store bought masks, usually DIY. Mostly because my skin is very finicky and overreacts to MANY things. This one, though, works just fine! I can use it all over, though I'm more likely to use as a spot treatment for the occasional blemish. Sometimes I'll mix with a little (manuka) honey too. Most clay based masks are way too drying for me, but as long as I don't overdo it and use too often or leave on too long (when used on the whole face), it's fine.

A tip for those like me with sensitive skin: I've found if a mask is difficult to remove, it can be irritating to scrub too much and undo all the good. So, you can apply a lotion-type cleanser (think CeraVe Hydrating, though not limited to that one) over the mask, allow to sit a minute, then remove with a wet washcloth. Sometimes I'll massage (gently!) with my silicone scrubbie to help with removal. Much less irritating than scrubbing with a washcloth.

on 1/29/2016 9:21:00 AM

A lot of masks claim to smoothen, soften, brighten and clarify skin. After trying a number of masks, I think most mask can do the first 3. But clarifying I.e. keeping blackheads, whiteheads and bumps away is a very tall order. And this mask has done the best job I have encountered. It has been able to keep my pores and face looking pretty clear. And once the 'head' appears, it helps to purge it after a few uses, depending on how big the bump/zit it is. I use this twice weekly. It does the first 3 job pretty well too, especially on smoothening and softening the skin. I highly recommend this, it's effective and does a much better job than a lot of more pricey masks.

on 12/6/2014 2:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is very cheap and effective product. It works like a charm, clean up my pores without drying out a skin. I used more expensive brands before, previously I purchased Estee Lauder, which cost around $35, but it's much more harsh (cleans blackheads pretty good, though). This one is creamy, and I didn't expect much the 1st time but was pleasantly surprised with the results. And as I already said, it's cheap - I often find it in TJMax for around $6.

on 5/3/2016 12:32:00 PM

EXCELLENT kaolin mask. It's thorough but also extremely gentle. And it dries so nicely! None of that tight, uncomfortable, crumbly-mask feeling. It's really soft and it rinses off easily too.

Does what it's supposed to- absorbs all the gunk out of my pores, leaves my skin feeling extra super clean.

This is a high-quality product, I would definitely buy this again. Recommended!

I don't normally do the whole face mask thing very often, but as I am getting older, I am trying to care for my skin as much as possible - especially since it tends to dry out on me a lot.

I bought this for under $10 at a Winners (TJ Max / Marshalls equivalent for US) and am very happy with my purchase.

The mask claims to be "detoxifying", and based on the feeling and sensation I experience after washing the mask off, I can't say that Giovanni is lying. The mask is a thicker consistency, and quite clay-like in texture. It goes on nicely and and dries fairly quickly, leaving a smooth layer on the face that is dry to the touch. I let it dry for 20 minutes and then wash off with cool water.

I applied the mask tonight since I had not done so in a month or so and my face was looking pretty dry and broken out with blackheads.

It really was amazing to see the difference after I removed the mask. Rather than see, I should say feel. My skin is soft to the touch, and it just feels so luxurious...so much different than before applying the mask.
Since I am not a facial mask specialist, I don't know what the ingredients actually "did" to my skin, but what I can tell you is that my skin feels, and also looks more refreshed, rejuvenated, dewey and moist. I would even suspect that many of the blackheads on my nose have come out from the mask (or will be easier to remove now that I have applied the mask).

For the price and quality, you can't go wrong. If you are looking for a detoxifying mask that won't dry out your skin, I would recommend this one.

on 2/23/2014 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have sensitive, acneic skin. After using this mask I immediately have smaller, less red and less irritated acne.

The consistency of the mask is somewhat liquid-y, so use a light hand when squeezing the content out. The small, 4 -ounce tube lasts me a while because you don't need much. I prefer this smaller size because in the past, I've kept masks for years -- too long. The suggested leave-on time is 20 minutes but I've left it on much longer without issue. I have a cooling sensation when the mask is on, which is especially nice during hot summers.

You can use this 2-3 times per week. The result is clearer and calmer skin. Highly recommend.

on 3/11/2014 5:29:00 PM

I am very happily surprised with this mask. I have combo skin and struggle with a monthly hormonal breakout and this mask really helps to reduce redness and inflamation in my under-the-skin type of breakout. I love the cooling sensation that you get from this mask and you can't beat the price. I found it at TJ Maxx but you can find it online for pretty cheap, too. I love the smell and I like that it contains detoxifying ingredients such as volcanic ash (that is an ingredient found in many other more expensivce skincare items) and it works great.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I adore Giovanni's shampoos and conditioners, so when I found this mask at TJ Maxx (for $6) I was thrilled - I didn't know that Giovanni had a line of skincare products! Of all the masks I've used over the years, this one is my absolute favorite. The scent is subtle, it's easy to wash off, and it leaves my skin feeling refreshed, clean, and smooth. "Purifying" is the key word - in the mornings after I use it, I always wake up to clearer skin. It's gentle, so it's safe to use 2-3 times per week, but it is still effective. Bonus: Giovanni is a cruelty-free brand!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I searched the internet just to find a place where I could write a review about this product. I do not like to purchase beauty products unless I can find adequate reviews on the item or even sample the product before purchase - so, I wanted to contribute to one of the websites I always look to for product reviews and add my two cents about this detox mask.

I LOVE IT. I have very sensitive skin and it is fairly dry. This product (somehow?) does not at all dry my skin out and it even helps diminish redness! I have read reviews of ladies who have experienced the exact opposite but, for whatever reason my face likes this mask. I currently use the oil cleansing method (which totally has kicked my mild acne in the butt as well as no more dry skin) but I wanted to add something else to my skin care regimen for the times when my hormones were winning out and causing a ruckus on my face, etc. And this product does the trick - it gently dries up any zit in sight and it totally cleans out my pores leaving my skin tone even and bright!

But as with any product, I think it depends on the individual's skin and how their body reacts to the product. As for holistic lovers this product's base ingredient is volcanic ash which the face loves for detoxing! A more gentler approach if this one has proven to be too strong for sensitive skin types could be to just buy Aztec clay from Whole Foods - I have heard great things about it!