Paula Dorf Lipstick

No Image

3.8

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a set of 5 at TJ Maxx for about $5. At the time I thought it was a steal but now I can tell why they were so cheap - the quality is awful.
The set included Mousse, a shimmery nude; Malbec, a deep burgundy; Engine, an orange-red; Vintage, a shimmery light pink; and Wild Azalea, a rich pink. I loved all the colours, especially Malbec, and the lipstick was creamy and not drying. However, about 5 minutes after I put on the lipstick I had to reapply because it was already fading and feathering. After 1 use the Mousse colour completely broke out of the package. Also, I found that while most of the colours went on easily, Mousse and Vintage were extremely dry and I got almost no colour.
If I had the patience to reapply every 5 minutes and use a package-less block of lipstick, I would wear these every day. But ain't nobody got time for that.

on 1/31/2009 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought three of these on Ebay at discounted price as this brand got discontinued in the United Kingdom.
I have Victorian, which is a plummy-rose shade in the same family of MAC Soft Pause, Velvet, which is a kind of reddy-terracotta shade, very flattering, and Holiday, which is a rich raspberry shade. I wear this with a neutral lipliner and it turns into more of a muted rose. I like the packaging, the lasting power is good and they do not dry my lips.
They were certainly a steal at less than GPB 10 for the three! Would repurchase.

on 2/9/2008 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately I'm disappointed in Paula Dorf lipstick. I got Sky Pink because spitfirebarbie had a beautiful FOTD with it. And the color is a nice MLBB staple color. So I'm happy with the color. It's nothing phenomenal, but it's a solid basic color good for wearing to work. It's a solid four lipstick rating. And I'm happy with the texture. I'd give that a 4.5. But the lipstick bullet broke off like the tenth time I used it, and I used it gently each time. It makes it messy to use, so I find I just don't want to use it. I almost never have that problem with lipsticks. The only ones that have done that so quickly and for seeminigly for no reason (like leaving it out in a hot car or applying it with too much pressure) are Vincent Longo gel lipsticks (the two I have both did that fairly quickly) and Paula Dorf. I hate to take off two lipsticks for that, but because it makes the l/s so difficult to use, II can't rate it any higher. It's not like the bullet is just loose. It broke free of the base completely making it quite difficult to use. And I won't risk buying another Paula Dorf lipstick for that reason.

on 1/2/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great everyday lipstick that looks peachy-nude in the tube, but goes on a glowy YLBB pink. It's moderately moisturizing, and the lasting power is pretty decent. Probably not worth its price tag, but it's one of the better throw-it-on-without-a-mirror lipsticks out there.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have several Paula Dorf lipsticks in varying shades. Good pigmentation in every one of them, no noticeable smell (to my nose at least), and creamy, comfortable application. Paula Dorf lipsticks last longer than most lipsticks that I have tried, sich as Lancome or Estee Lauder.

on 9/30/2007 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

While I'd love to buy this product again since I adore the color ("Patchouli") I can't -- it smells! For this price I am not using a lipstick w/ a rancid scent. And it's not just one tube since I returned it and got another one -- fresh from the company HQ.
Beautiful color, lousy quality.
Also it was drying. But I would have used gloss to solve that.
Too bad.

on 6/2/2007 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have to give it to Paula-she makes a fantastic lipstick. I only wish I'd bought more at the Sephora clearance. I got holiday which was a little more pink than I like,but is incredibly flattering over red lipstick or a nude liner. The texture is glossy & moist but with staying power. love love this stuff

on 5/1/2007 3:59:00 AM

i have paula dorfs lipstick in "flirt," which applies a bright plummy rose on my lips. its a nondrying lipstick, which i like, and the staying power is relatively good for a lipstick. the only reason i wouldnt buy this again is because i dont use it enough to justify it, but that may just be because im much more a fan of lipglosses and not lipsticks.

I didn't use a high rating in terms of packaging because the lipstick was already leaning on the side of the tube when I got it.

I got hold of this lippie as a freebie in a seminar. I absolutely love the color. I use this when I feel like wearing nude colored lips! The cast of Sex & the City loves this shade!

on 11/24/2006 1:55:00 PM

This line of lipsticks is absolutely amazing! There is such a variety of colors, and the colors are so rich and unique. I have fair skin and tend to wear more neutral colors, but everytime I try an "exotic color" from this line, it just works! I'm always so surprised. I especially like casino and sassy, both which just looking at them, don't look like they'd work on very many people. But just give them a try. The sassy especially reminds me of christmas time because its red with some sparkle, it looks like a slightly darker lipstick version of Dorothy's ruby slippers. Plus, these lipsticks combined with her diamond lip slide is to die for! I'll always look for my lipstick from this company first.