Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference BB Cream

No Image

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5, Titanium Dioxide 5.74, Octisalate 5, Oxybenzone 3; Inactive Ingredients :Water/Aqua/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Methicone, C20-40 Pareth-3, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Steareth-21, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica, Stearic Acid, Adenosine, Allantoin, Alumina, Aminomethyl Propanol, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Cyclohexasiloxane, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Decylene Glycol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Lecithin, Mica, Parfum/Fragrance, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysilicone-11, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Steareth-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, BHT, Sodium Ascorbate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like it but I wouldn't say it's the best product ever because of how I use it. First I put on moisturizer base, then I apply the cream, after that I use a bit of powder to set and reduce shine. The coverage/color is exactly what I am looking for. Most foundations I use don't cover my redness but only my underlying skin tone which is pointless for me. This one covers the redness but lets my natural skin color (or maybe it just matches it) come through.

The only con is how shiny it is. I really need to powder after.

on 11/14/2013 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wish I could use this. It is like a HG product for my dry pigmented skin. It just breaks me out! :'(

I don't know if I got a bad batch, but I am half way through and when I squeeze it out recently, oil seems to come out with it.

I was raving about this to the bf, about how I would never need to search for foundation again. But alas...

The coverage is very good for a BB cream, and my pigmentation(melasma) does show through a bit BUT the skin is so luminescent and healthy that it isn't noticeable. I have never had that effect from makeup before.

I am NC20/25, and I had the lightest shade, which is a tiny bit darker than my skin, so needs to be blended out (it blends out easily), but it could be why it hides the pigmentation as well as it does.

The whole day my face just glows, I look younger, it is a lovely lovely finish. Perfect for a no makeup look.

Some might need to set it with a powder, I did sometimes, and that added a bit more coverage.

It is moisturising, my skin felt great the whole day, and looked healthy for a change.

It's very easy to blend down the neck, as I hate rubbing hard there.

I tried it again a few days ago, and I have two big zits again... :/ I will probably give in and try again to be sure. If I go on retin A again I will definitely use this, as I don't normally get break outs while on it and can use what I want.

Oh! And it is SPF30.

Sad. Sad. Sad. Will keep trying.

Edit: It is pricey though, for the amount you get and the amount you use.

on 9/25/2013 9:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For Reference: Neutral to warm skin tone (NC/NW 25ish), combination (slightly oily t-zone, dry to dehydrated cheeks, sensitive, broken capillaries/redness cheek area, dark brown hair, green eyes.

With cooler weather approaching I needed to a new foundation, bb cream etc due to my tan fading. I don't like cakey, heavy or mask like foundation. The cosmetician at Shoppers Drug Mart recommended this BB cream. I was matched to shade 2 which is considered medium.

At home I applied my usual moisturizer and then the BB cream. Without any concealer, my redness, broken capillaries peeped through. I'm aware BB's don't offer a ton of coverage but wanted to see for myself since they vary in thickness. I applied some concealer to red areas and a light layer of powder. With all these steps I still felt my skin was way too dewy. It didn't irritate which is a bonus. However because I felt this was too dewy and felt oily, I decided to return it.

It comes in three shades: 1, 2, and 3 and costs $40.00 Canadian before taxes. I will not repurchase.