Neutrogena Body Clear Body wash

Neutrogena Body Clear Body wash

3.8

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2) (Acne Treatment); Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Chamomila Recuita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Chamomilla Recutita), Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Triclosan, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 7/29/2016 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love it. I have very mild acne on my chest & back and after using this every night for just 3 days most of the breakouts cleared up, and my skin feels smooth

on 5/27/2016 10:24:00 PM

The great reviews for this had my hopes up but this body wash didn't work out for me. I had been dealing with mild back/chest bumps lately due to a combination of frequent sports bra wear/workout skin reaction + rich hair conditioner. I was hoping this wash treatment could clear it up but while for the first few days it seemed like it didn't have any effect, after that the bumps actually started to proliferate. Not only did it seem to cause more breakouts, but my skin became very itchy in the affected and surrounding areas and my hands started drying out, too, neither of which are common occurrences for me. Way too many cons and no noticeable pros mean this was not a winner for me. I can't recommend it, though of course your experience may vary.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This stuff really did do wonders for my neck an chest which had always seemed to be broken out in some sort of little red bumps (not exactly zits, I don't really know.). ANYWAY I originally bought the pink grapefruit version of this but it has micro beads in it, so I switched to the original when i finished that bottle. It works slowly, but by the time i was halfway through my first bottle the entire area had cleared up and STAYED clear. I waited a week before repurchasing and within that week I began to see the breakout reappearing and ended up rushing out to buy it again. So yeah, this stuff is very effective. Smells ok, clean and kind of chemically, but it doesn't linger. It also doesnt dry out my skin or irritate my sensitive, dermatitis prone skin. recommend

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Been using this on/off for a few years now. Always go back to this. Foams up nicely with a back brush & doesn't dry out my skin. I usually go between this & Panoxyl but I like this Neutrogena for daily use because it doesn't bleach clothing. I can use the Panoxyl & get amazing results if I use it sparingly like every few days since it really dries out my back. With this Neutrogena it's a lot more gentle so I feel like I need to use this every single day to get an actual result.

on 3/17/2016 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awesome, pH balanced, exfoliating product. I always think this product does nothing, until I run out and use whatever cheap thing (or shampoo!) I have laying around. Within two weeks I'll develop a couple of back or shoulder cysts, and little prickly spots on my stomach. So yeah, if you have a tendency toward body acne and bumpy skin, try this product, works great. I do use a separate spray on top of this for my back, (and any other area I think needs more exfoliation at the time), and in conjunction with that I have totally clear body skin pretty constantly. Also I wash my back AFTER I condition my hair and rinse...definitely a pain, but really helps.

on 9/1/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I originally bought this to treat my dog's seborrhoeaic dermatitis, but decided to try it as a body wash. I can't believe how smooth my skin has become! All the little bumps on my chest that I thought were roughness from my age have disappeared, and my legs are smoother too. I've washed my oily face with it a few times and my skin looks great. I think this body wash would also make a good salicylic acid shampoo, but is is very foamy, so rinsing could be a challenge. I'm so happy to find a multi-use product.

I use this product when my chest breaks out from spraying sunscreen around my neck area and it clears any breakouts I have fairly quickly

on 4/1/2015 12:01:00 PM

I am absolutely in love with this stuff. I have the occasional bacne episode, and this clears it up in less than a week. I use it once a day for maintenance and I've yet to have a problem since starting to use this product. If only there was something as effective for the face!

I'm on my third bottle of this stuff! its amazing! I squirt some on my body brush and scrub my back. I have had cystic acne on my back for awhile and its been pretty painful :c I saw this stuff and thought it would work and it REALLY has! no more cysts! Definitely recommend!

on 2/20/2014 2:57:00 PM

This did nothing for me. I don't have terrible body acne, but I get maybe one or two spots on my chest/back/shoulders once a month or so. I bought this in the hopes that it would help clear those spots more quickly. But I actually think this made existing pimples worse and also caused me to get new ones. In the few months that I used this, I had way more spots on my body than I ever have, and this is the only new product I had been using. Once I stopped using this, the spots cleared up right away.
I then tried using this on my upper arms because I had seen reviews saying this product helped clear up KP on some people (those little bumps a lot of people get on their upper arms & thighs). But this did nothing to combat that issue for me either.
I can't even give this points for good scent or nice packaging, because I hated both. The scent was really strong and medicinal and overpowered any other product I used in the shower. And the flip-top lid was really difficult to get open, especially with wet hands.
I'm glad this works well for some people, but it did absolutely nothing for me.