3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

A pretty decent body wash! I liked how it was very gentle yet actually did keep my body breakouts at bay. I did get a few butt zits when using this. but it's summer in Florida. What do you expect? I was not expecting such a floral fragrance with it. I would have thought it would be something very light and neutral. I enjoyed the scent, but this is not for someone with a sensitivity to fragrance. While I liked this, I didn't love it, hence the 4 lippies. But if I would consider buying it again, if I started to get some severe body breakouts, or started working out again.

About reviewer (464 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

Only a few body products I use help keep my chest and back free from acne and this is one of them. I don't tend to experience body acne during winter, it's more a 'summer' thing for me, coupled with trips to the gym and insufficient showers straight after (forgetting to use a cleanser!). Now when I hit the gym I keep a bottle of Clear body wash in my locker. It's a gentle non-drying SLS-free formula and comes in a 8.5 fl oz bottle which lasts me roughly 2-3 months at a time. It's perfumed and smells quite fresh and citrusy, though I'm not overly averse to perfume in bodycare (it's skincare where I try to avoid it). When I first started using this I would notice over the course of 1 week any bumps on my upper body would subside and the area would gradually clear out. In between bottles though, if I happened to run out they would slowly re-appear. I now try to make sure I have a spare in my closet or at least an alternative soap or wash that contains Salicylic acid (as this has) or Sulfur - both of which help take care of my body acne issues. A good value and effective product which I would recommend to anyone with mild acne on their body. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

I use this body wash everyday on my chest, arms, back, shoulders and face. Reading some of negative reviews prompts me to say that you must use this consistently to see results. The most shocking discovery is how well it works on my face. Over time it has exfoliated my face and significantly reduced the appearance of clogged pores. As I’ve aged, my pores are larger and my skin tends to look congested but since using this as a face wash, my pores stay clear and even look to be tighter. I user a good moisturizer daily which prevents this from drying me out. Again, I use this daily and I’ve seen good results.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Terrible product. I suffer from acne on my back and this made my breakouts sooooo much worse. It literally tripled the amount of bacne I had. For me this did not work and I do not recommend!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This is a good product to maintain clear skin. If you have severe body breakouts, I think benzoyl peroxide products work better, but this is great to use everyday to help keep your skin clear. I repurchase this whenever I run out.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBrown

EyesGray

2 years ago

This product has really helped diminish the breakouts on my back. I do hot yoga 5 to 6 times a week and ever since I started I've been having a problem with acne on my back. After using the Neutrogena body wash for about 10 days, it has really cleared my back up. I only use it on my back and chest, I feel like it might be too drying for the rest of my body.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2.0

2 years ago

I have really bad acne on my arms, shoulders and a bit on my back. When i decided that i wanted to get something to help it since there was one on my chest which was very noticeable, my mom got me this a few weeks ago to start using. The first time i used it i thought i could see a difference with the pimple on my chest but then about 3 days later there were many more pimples showing up and redness. i noticed that it was getting worse on my arms and every spot that i have used the product. i had really high hopes for this to work but i don't think that i would ever use this product again and i do not suggest other people to use it. It may work for other people but it definitely did not work for me.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I have mild chest/back acne and i have used this for two nights and already see an improvement...bumps and pimples are drying up...i have tried the grapefruit version before but didn't see any results....i only uses it on where i break out and leave it there for it to penetrate cause i believe if i rinse it right off then it won't have enough time to work....hope it will continue to do it's magic!! highly recommended!! UPdate: after using it for more than 5 days......my chest start getting few red patches almost up to my neck. I stopped using it and moved onto this bar soap from first aid beauty which is working really well for me.

About reviewer (382 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I love it. I have very mild acne on my chest & back and after using this every night for just 3 days most of the breakouts cleared up, and my skin feels smooth

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrown

from

4 years ago

The great reviews for this had my hopes up but this body wash didn't work out for me. I had been dealing with mild back/chest bumps lately due to a combination of frequent sports bra wear/workout skin reaction + rich hair conditioner. I was hoping this wash treatment could clear it up but while for the first few days it seemed like it didn't have any effect, after that the bumps actually started to proliferate. Not only did it seem to cause more breakouts, but my skin became very itchy in the affected and surrounding areas and my hands started drying out, too, neither of which are common occurrences for me. Way too many cons and no noticeable pros mean this was not a winner for me. I can't recommend it, though of course your experience may vary.

About reviewer (691 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm