4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Blue- eyed folks alert! I absolutely LOVE this product. I saw it plugged on a Trinny vlog and got it on a whim as her colouring is like mine. Good move. It is now my go-to everyday cream eyeshadow in the shade Bad Girl Bronze. I am gutted that it seems to have been discontinued and have tried various dupes like NYX Jumbo stick in French Fries (too flat) and Nudestix Immortal (too dark and uneven) - none measure up. The colour is a beautiful warm mid-reddish-brown with just the right amount of a goldy slight shimmer that is not overbearing and beautifully subtle. It blends well into the lid, no creasing, lasts amazingly. I use it as a sheer wash of colour by day, that can be built up to a more smoky look for evening. It is the most gorgeous colour for blue eyes- really electrifies the baby blues and yet doesn't look too "done" or "disco". Whenever I wear it people remark on my eye colour. I have almost finished my current stick and have one more spare ... argh! - PLEASE BRING THIS BACK RIMMELL!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

3.0

2 years ago

These shadows are on the budget side. Lasts long little goes long way. I got the white one but colour did not suit me so I end up giving to my sister. I didn't like how it blended.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

from

2 years ago

I use the shade 003 - Bad Girl Bronze regularly and have repurchased it several times because it's creamy, applies smoothly, and doesn't transfer. Just make sure not to drop it too much because the lead will break/crumble and fall out, especially near the end of its lifespan.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I've been using these sticks for over two years, not as eyeshadow but rather as eyeliner. Fabulous!!! I own all the shades and have backups - recently Walgreens had them all at Clearance priced; oh I hope they're not discontinued. My small eyes look best with a nice thick line but I tend to make a thinner one especially with a regular eyeliner pencil. I love that these have a thick point which allows me to make a thick line so easily, but I can still get close to my lashes at my inner corners. I make the line thickest at my outer eye corner and blend it out with ELF's Smudge Brush. The product lasts all day long, never smears, never budges (and I have oily, hooded eyes). I can even tightline with these. It goes on so smoothly on my aging crinkly lashline. The black, dark brown and navy are perfect; the most unique shade is called BLACK BETRAYAL, which is a black base with what appears to be a pink/gold duo-chrome shimmer. I adore my Bobbi Brown gel liners, but I love these too! All of these are my HG liners along with Essence Gel Liner in London Baby. Added: It's easy to layer these as well. This morning I did my line in black and then went over it with the navy to get a really dark black-blue.

About reviewer (472 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairSilver, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I picked up Bad Girl Bronze, a very popular shade, and its popularity is totally understandable. It's a very wearable shade of bronze that isn't too red. I love the pigmentation, the ease with which it blends and also the long, crease-free wear. The only "negative" is that these pencils need manual sharpening rather than twisting up. Nevertheless, I am so pleased with this that I plan to pick up the colours Bluffing, Bullet Proof Beige and possibly Bootleg Brown when I'm next at the drug store.

About reviewer (1490 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

3 years ago

I have purchased 002-Bulletproof Beige and love it. Will buy more but when then come on sale: I got mine for about $4 CAD but the regular price is about $7-$9 and I love a deal. The colour creates a light wash of dewiness, which I love. I'm searching for a very natural but radiant look, the kind of look Gillian Anderson pulled off in 'The Fall' using a Dior eyeshadow palette (but that cost $70, and I'm on a budget)/ It is supposed to last 24-hours and be waterproof, a claim I have not tested. If I use primer, it doesn't shift at all and is slightly more colourful (for a golden beige, that is); without primer, it will crease slightly. It isn't glittery or anything, more of a shimmer and sheen which is my desired effect. I also sometimes use L.O.C. by Tati One%Done Shadow stick and prefer this one because I can build colour and it feels less drying. I'll definitely buy more but most likely when they go on sale.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

3 years ago

008 Blackmail is my favourite eyeliner. I go for a really natural face look but love slapdash chunky smudgey eyeliner. This is the easiest way to make a thick messy line for a messy rocker chick look. I can smudge it for a smokey look or wing it out if I need to and it lasts pretty decently either way. Adding some eye primer makes it even better. The issue is sharpening. I'm using my drawing pencil sharpener but I'd rather not. edit: I've now got Bulletproof Beige. It's got a soft shimmer and I use it as a highlight, but also on my bottom waterline. It stays put on the waterline for 6 or so hours and makes me look wide awake. Lately I've been into making my eyes look very almond like and this is the perfect shadow to use. Bootleg brown is a matte brown, deep and really compliments most colours. SUPER PIGMENTED and blendable. It looks classic. Beautiful. I love all of the colours I have tried so far. I hope to try the blue one next.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

4 years ago

SHARPENER UPDATE: I have to sharpeners that look identical (each have a large and small sharpener), but one is l'oreal and one is maybelline. The l'oreal one works, the maybelline one doesn't, even though these sharpeners look exactly the same. So if you're having trouble sharpening, try a different sharpener. When I try to sharpen with the maybelline one, it feel like the blades aren't even making contact with the pencil, so I'm wondering if maybe there is some sort of angle issue in some of the sharpeners. Best of luck! CREASING UPDATE: Ok, so I have noticed the creasing issue, but only with Bad Girl Bronze, and it does make it unwearable. In addition to creasing, this color also faded where my eyelid skin folds over (hooded lids), and I would not recommend it. Trespassing Taupe and Bluffing are still amazing. One note though - I notice that it actually creases less on me without primer, so if you're having problems and have been using primer, try it without. These shadows are amazing. I own a few colors, but the combination of Bluffing and Trespassing Taupe is everything I've ever wanted my eyeshadow to be. They glide on the skin and blend well, and stay put for hours (I've yet to have anything ever smudge or dramatically fade). I have not experienced any creasing, and am just in love with these. My biggest complaint is that they must be sharpened. But honestly, they do not need to be sharpened often, so it is not a huge hindrance. My second complaint is that I would like to see more colors in neutral shades, as well as a color that you could easily pop on as a highlight, which I do not believe any of the existing shades qualify for.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGray

1.0
from

4 years ago

I was excited to try this out. The color seemed ok though a bit hard, so too much tugging involved when applying. Not good for your eye area. But the cap broke, too brittle. The eye color stick part fell out, the pencil does not sharpen evenly, so there are sharp edges surrounding the color. It was unusable before, now it feels dangerous to use.

About reviewer (184 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

Nice for under eye lining. I love all the colors. I think I have the blue and silver.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29