Essie Fiji

Essie Fiji
FijiFijiEssie: FijiFiji

3.5

on 10/11/2016 6:29:00 AM

Gorgeous, opaque, white-based baby pink. I am in love with this shade, it is gorgeous and classic but still ever so on trend. Fiji is a great colour with a really good formula, two thin coats is all that is needed to make this colour reach full opacity - a rarity for a colour as pale as this. It applied easily and dried quickly, the formula is similar to most other Essies. It lasted 4 days without base and topcoat on my fingers, longer with both. As a pedicure it will last forever, almost two weeks without base and top. It is such a gorgeous colour, suiting my warm NC15 skin perfectly. I imagine it would flatter all warm skin tones. A total classic which is worth the hype. A+

on 7/30/2016 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a stunning shade. Perfect combination of elegant and sexy. Appropriate for any time of the year and every occasion imagineable. Looks equally beautiful on both short and longer nails. Looks extraordinary on toes as well. You can literally not go wrong with this.
However.
This is one of the Essie formulas that leave a lot to be desired. Unfortunately this polish can get pretty streaky. Applying this sometimes feels like walking or eggshells. It takes as many as three coats for me to ensure that it is going to look smooth and even on my nails, and sometimes even a fourth one.
To sum things up, this is an excellent shade but unless you are a pro at nail polish application, it can get quite frustrating to get right.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This polish looks bubble gum pink on my nails. I couldn't get a clean line around my cuticles, and it just looked sloppy on my hands after 2-3 coats. The color is pretty, but it just didn't look right on my skin tone I guess. Unable to return this, I decided this would be a strict for my toes color. I use about 3 coats and it lasts for a few weeks and doesn't chip. It looks better on my toes than my fingers, so I will continue to use for that. I would not purchase this again.

on 2/9/2016 8:33:00 PM

I don't get the hype. :( It might be my skintone which is pretty pale, but it doesn't look good on me. It look "plasticky" and cheap. Maybe it suits better someone tanned, but I think there are a lot more prettier soft pink colors than Fiji. Very similar but more elegant and sophisticated looking are - Essie Urban Jungle and Tying the knotie, both of which I absolutely love.

on 1/29/2016 5:00:00 PM

Perfekt soft baby pink. Good formular but not Essie's best - but difficult to get a sharp clear line around the cuticle line. Otherwise opaque in 2 thicker coats or 3 thin coats. Lasts forever on the nail without chipping: went a week without top or base coat, with normal house keeping activities like doing the dishes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Fiji is a pale pink cream shade. It totally stands out on any skintone and it's girly. It takes 3 coats to look totally opaque and it's super pretty topped with glitter. It's in between being warm and nuetral toned

on 12/27/2015 8:37:00 AM

Fiji is an amazing white pink polish that looks amazing with any skintone. I've heard that Essie made two versions of it (the same thing happened with Mod About You from OPI): the original wich is lighter but kinda streaky, and the newer one which is pinker and more easy to apply. I have the first one, and it is indeed not very easy to apply well, you have to remember to apply generous coats to avoid streaking, and usually you shouldn't be able to get away with less than three coats. Still it is a very cool colour, and I would by it again.

I bought two from two different stores. One was a baby whit pink and the other a nude pink. I choose the baby pink version and must say iam a expert at doing nails but this was the hardest polish to apply! Must be patient!! I had to apply 4 coats because it was sooo streaky and goopy like. I remained patient and after a top coat it looks stunning. Do not buy if you are not willing to take some time. If you are it turns out stunning. A baby pink with alot of white undertones. Update: love it!! Bought a new one and it applied great... So pretty!!!!

on 6/27/2015 1:44:00 PM

As soon as I saw this color, I picked it up because it was just the prettiest white pink but the formula on this is horrendous. I have quite a few other Essie polishes and theyre often a bit thin or streaky but non of them are to the extent that this one does. Takes a lot of time and patience to use this and for an $ 8-10 it just doesn't seem worth it.

This is one of my all-time favourite nail polishes. I really like how opaque it is and the colour is the perfect blend of a light pink and white - its definitely a girly colour. I especially like wearing this in the summer time when my skin is more tanned. I have repurchased it once already and am needing to go get another bottle for the summer!

Popular Polishes